Home

Mlb 14 the show and RTTS freezes/lockups

This is a discussion on Mlb 14 the show and RTTS freezes/lockups within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-23-2014, 03:56 PM   #1
Rookie

luvfshng's Arena

OVR: 0
Mlb 14 the show and RTTS freezes/lockups

Has anyone else had issues the your RTTS games freezing up completely and having to restart your ps3? ive also seen a lot of minor quick lockups that happen randomly throughout my game that make it hard to hit or field the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2014, 09:34 PM   #2
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Mlb 14 the show and RTTS freezes/lockups

I've had the same problem with minor hiccups that disrupt plays and pitches, and I'm really hoping my PS3 isn't dying.

That said, as I'm typing this, the 1.11 patch is downloading. Hopefully that will help matters.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Same issues as well. Mine takes 5 minutes to load after I start the disc up. I have cleared every game file except the Show and have no saved data either. Did the system reboot thing and it worked great for two hours. Turned it back on and same issues.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:00 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've had issues whereby I get brief lockups and like frame rate lag in a way. So the guy might pitch the ball, I'll hit swing and the screen freezes fora few seconds and when it catches up the ball is in the air, for example.

I fixed it by signing out of PSN while playing RTTS. It has never happened as long as I am signed out.

I've never had to reboot though, so it might not be the same issue.

Also, for the record mine is not playing from optical media but installed on the hard disc. I am also using alternate DNS servers so I can get US Netflix i the UK. It's possible they are both contributing factors.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:29 PM   #5
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

I have found the cause of the frame-hiccup issue.

Believe it or not, it's the internet connection!

I played a RTTS game after logging out, and did not experience any hiccups whatsoever until I was taken out after the sixth inning (I play as a pitcher). Normally, I'd have two or three of those annoying hiccups in that time frame. Keep in mind that I play from a physical disc--and I noticed the disc making a lot less noise in the PS3 too!

The problem is the connection!

(I wonder if this has anything to do with the introduction of Stubs...that said, you still get Stubs when offline, which are then saved and then added to your online total once you connect again--a brilliant move that Sony San Diego is to be commended for.)

EDIT: Somehow I missed olig23's observation of the same thing. Sorry, Olig--how about I thumbs-up your post as an apology?

Last edited by Trackball; 04-25-2014 at 10:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2014, 09:11 AM   #6
Rookie

fuuuma's Arena

I just had 2 lock ups in RTTS while playing as a 2b and receiving the ball from the 3b going for a double play. Both times the game froze with me on the bag loading up the throwing meter.

Very annoying when this happens, especially since it happened twice with me in a multi hit game working with my .210 batting average. This really isnt helping my horrible batting.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:43 PM   #7
Rookie

rami_knuckleup's Arena

I just started playing and I would lose commentary and the game would freeze at end screen. I deleted the 10gb download and the game runs 100% smooth on the 5gb.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:56 AM   #8
Banned

bodank82's Arena

OVR: 3

This is frustrating!! My game freezes during the initial loading at the beginning. The diamond in the bottom right corner just stops loading. It doesn't get to where you can press start to get to a menu. I just deleted all the content, except some rosters and players I downloaded... I'll post the results

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »