Home

No numbers in the runners window...why?

This is a discussion on No numbers in the runners window...why? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-21-2014, 06:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
No numbers in the runners window...why?

Ramone confirmed that there will be no numbers on the jerseys of the guys in the runners window. I thought with the power of the ps4 this would be an easy fix. Does anyone know why this isn't the case? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2014, 06:21 PM   #2
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: No numbers in the runners window...why?

I did even know that they had numbers I mean who looks at it anyway. I have never even noticed and it hasn't affected my enjoyment of the game nor will it.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 04-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #3
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
I did even know that they had numbers I mean who looks at it anyway. I have never even noticed and it hasn't affected my enjoyment of the game nor will it.
Nah don't play it off that way. Many people noticed this latest gen and the devs said it would be fixed next gen so we wonder why it hasn't. Also sometimes in the player window, the person is different then who is running.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:31 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBengal
Ramone confirmed that there will be no numbers on the jerseys of the guys in the runners window. I thought with the power of the ps4 this would be an easy fix. Does anyone know why this isn't the case? Thanks.
They couldn't or they wouldn't. Since you seem to not believe they couldn't based on some vague assumption of what the PS4 can and can't do, I guess we know what you think the answer is. Or are you expecting the developers to come in this thread and answer "the flags used the last bit of memory" or something?

I'm not even a developer and I'm annoyed by the way people here throw around the word "fix" for things like this as if the PS3 development was broken or something. The implication on the developers of oversight or laziness is offensive. Was Mario "fixed" when it went 3D?
Old 04-21-2014, 06:34 PM   #5
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

I thought someone blew up one of the PS4 pics that had the runner's window and the player had the number on his back?

EDIT: I see Ramone commented in another thread that they were removed.

Last edited by nemesis04; 04-21-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2014, 06:51 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Bayman, I had no intention of criticizing the developers. They are awesome and it is always a privledge to play the show. I was just genuinely curious as to why the numbers couldn't be added if in fact it is due to design difficulties. If they didn't feel they needed to be that's fine also! I just thought maybe there is a difficulty in programming them in. Have a good one.

Last edited by BuckeyeBengal; 04-21-2014 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:52 PM   #7
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBengal
I was hoping that was rectified with this version of the PS4. Prior to the Show 11 they had the actual player with the number and gear in the base runner window. Its a bummer, borderline unacceptable if that is the case. But its minor, still buying.....
Old 04-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #8
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
I was hoping that was rectified with this version of the PS4. Prior to the Show 11 they had the actual player with the number and gear in the base runner window. Its a bummer, borderline unacceptable if that is the case. But its minor, still buying.....

I guess even 8GB is not enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »