Home

MLB the Show gets a score of 5/10, but wait till you read the second sentence

This is a discussion on MLB the Show gets a score of 5/10, but wait till you read the second sentence within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-20-2014, 09:18 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
MLB the Show gets a score of 5/10, but wait till you read the second sentence

this score counts on metacritic apparently, and the person who reviewed it, does not understand baseball… You know how I know?

Quote:
Baseball is a funny sport. Yes, it is about two teams trying to score more points than the other in order to win, but not so much in the same vein as other sports,

Quote:
In baseball, one man throws a ball, while his opponent hits it and runs, while the other team tries to catch it and knock him out. As entertaining as it is to watch as a sport, that entertainment factor does not always translate into a video game
Quote:
When he runs, which you don’t control, you can either tell him to wait at the base or keep going.
Why do people review a sports game if they do not understand the sport?

Mind boggling
http://www.godisageek.com/2014/04/mlb-14-review/

Last edited by woz411; 04-20-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2014, 10:37 PM   #2
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB the Show gets a score of 5/10, but wait till you read the second sentence

Referring to runs as "points" and games as "matches" pretty much sums up his knowledge about baseball. The article has no substance what so ever.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:07 PM   #3
Rookie

OhioCub's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB the Show gets a score of 5/10, but wait till you read the second sentence

Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
this score counts on metacritic apparently, and the person who reviewed it, does not understand baseball… You know how I know?

Mind boggling
I really hate some of these geeky kid sites that try to review sports video games. If you're that type of person and have obviously never played said sport in your life then you have no business reviewing a video game based on it. It's like if I reviewed a Call of Duty game, I'd give it horrible marks cause I loathe first person shooters but I know my opinion on that isn't the popular opinion so I don't write up reviews or even share my opinion on said games (well, other than using it as an example in this scenario).
Old 04-21-2014, 04:06 AM   #4
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411

Mind boggling
LMBO at the dweeb that reviewed the game. Obviously he dont have a clue about baseball to begin with.

Why even review a game if you dont know anything about that sport to begin with, that makes no sense to me.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 04-21-2014, 08:24 AM   #5
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioCub
I really hate some of these geeky kid sites that try to review sports video games. If you're that type of person and have obviously never played said sport in your life then you have no business reviewing a video game based on it. It's like if I reviewed a Call of Duty game, I'd give it horrible marks cause I loathe first person shooters but I know my opinion on that isn't the popular opinion so I don't write up reviews or even share my opinion on said games (well, other than using it as an example in this scenario).
Never played? I'm wondering if he's ever even watched an inning of baseball. Much less played.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2014, 11:04 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 2

I found this review very helpful....
Old 04-21-2014, 11:33 AM   #7
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Reminds me of the videos of the British (?) guys doing commentary over NBA2K gameplay. Hilarious.

Old 04-21-2014, 02:30 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

reminds me of:

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »