Home

I need help hitting

This is a discussion on I need help hitting within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-20-2014, 08:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
I need help hitting

I am struggling bad at the plate. Just started playing two days ago and feel good with the rest of the game, but I can't get a handle on hitting. I have tried all the different methods, and timing is the only one I have any success on whatsoever. I have even tried dialing the difficulty down, but still suck.

Typically I am hitting popups and weak grounders. I use the "normal" swing for the most part except when I get behind in the count I use "contact". Either way, I just barely get good wood on the ball.

I do have a tendency to swing a lot, but I am missing pitches down the middle and tipping them back to the pitcher or dribbling it foul.

How do I get better at hitting? How do I influence grounders/fly balls? And how do I adjust my swing or swing at the ball? I thought using the left stick would do this but it apparently has no bearing, unless I am missing something.

Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2014, 08:24 PM   #2
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: I need help hitting

Try Dynamic Difficulty and Quick Counts.

Dynamic Difficulty should make up for your lack of experience and Quick Counts really helps make up for those free swingers like you and me who swing at a lot of pitches.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:38 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32
Try Dynamic Difficulty and Quick Counts.

Dynamic Difficulty should make up for your lack of experience and Quick Counts really helps make up for those free swingers like you and me who swing at a lot of pitches.
What and where is "Quick Counts"?

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:02 PM   #4
Rookie

Furthermore, on the swing feedback stuff, no matter what I do it shows the yellow circle in some random place no where near the ball. I have tried different buttons/sticks trying to control the yellow circle (again, on the fedback, not in Zone hitting) but I can't find the correlation between what I am doing and where it ends up.

I have also tried guessing the pitch, guessing the location, and both and neither. What is the effect on this? There have been times where I got both right and had the vibrating control and all, but still popped up or something. What is the penalty for guessing wrong and right and what is the best approach to using it?
Old 04-20-2014, 09:32 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaphant83
Furthermore, on the swing feedback stuff, no matter what I do it shows the yellow circle in some random place no where near the ball. I have tried different buttons/sticks trying to control the yellow circle (again, on the fedback, not in Zone hitting) but I can't find the correlation between what I am doing and where it ends up.

I have also tried guessing the pitch, guessing the location, and both and neither. What is the effect on this? There have been times where I got both right and had the vibrating control and all, but still popped up or something. What is the penalty for guessing wrong and right and what is the best approach to using it?
It is because you are using timing hitting and the yellow circle is where the batter is looking for the ball. This is largely determined by their plate vision and there is nothing you can do about it.

It may be just me, but I think zone hitting is easiest. 75% of the time leave it in the middle and typically that should allow for decent contact. In situations where you are confident of a location move the pci over.

I rarely guess pitch or location. I guess type more I guess. Instead of guessing location I just move the pci to where I am looking for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2014, 08:28 AM   #6
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

Hitting is much more difficult this year than it has been in years past. I had to lower the difficulty to veteran. I've never used veteran before, always has been AllStar in the past. But I'm getting pretty good results now.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 04-21-2014, 09:50 AM   #7
MVP

PhlliesPhan6's Arena

Also try lowering the pitch speed slider.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2014, 01:15 PM   #8
Rookie

A good camera where you can read the pitch is important for me and pitch speed slider.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »