Home

Is this the end for Current Gen?

This is a discussion on Is this the end for Current Gen? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-10-2014, 09:19 PM   #1
MVP

YogiGarebear89's Arena

OVR: 0
Is this the end for Current Gen?

I myself have an Xbox...it's great and all but what is there left for us. Next Gen games are stunning. The graphics are incredible. Us Current gen dweebs are stuck with the garbage or leftovers. It bugs me that every year 2K fails to have a good game that makes the gamer feel as it they were at the game or watching live on TV. I wish there was just something we could do or get...that would change the way we look at Current Gen gaming. Obviously 2k probably isn't gonna do much with Current Gen but you never know. They may see their sales just go down because Current gen fails to provide. I don't see why we should have to go by a whole other console just for that...it makes me sick.
It's the simple things I think 2K just gets lazy over.

What could 2k do that could change the game?

Leave your thoughts
Romans 8:31, The Apex Predator Mentality

Last edited by YogiGarebear89; 04-10-2014 at 09:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2014, 01:21 AM   #2
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Is this the end for Current Gen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiGarebear89
I myself have an Xbox...it's great and all but what is there left for us. Next Gen games are stunning. The graphics are incredible. Us Current gen dweebs are stuck with the garbage or leftovers. It bugs me that every year 2K fails to have a good game that makes the gamer feel as it they were at the game or watching live on TV. I wish there was just something we could do or get...that would change the way we look at Current Gen gaming. Obviously 2k probably isn't gonna do much with Current Gen but you never know. They may see their sales just go down because Current gen fails to provide. I don't see why we should have to go by a whole other console just for that...it makes me sick.
It's the simple things I think 2K just gets lazy over.

What could 2k do that could change the game?

Leave your thoughts
They could make a game where there wasnt any glitches, that would be a good start.

I actually love the way NBA2k14 plays this year, as imo its the best game to date by a longshot gameplay wise.

The only issues I have is the glitches with 2k share rosters, as well as glitches even with editing yourself while moving players to different teams before starting a Association. There is also a CAP glitch that will mess things up in Association.

The sad thing is all those glitches I mentioned were in previous versions, I know they were all in last years game.

Only way to get 2k to wake up is to quit buying their games, and I think we both know people dont have enough will to not buy it, and with CG not having any competition, and really they dont have any competition on NG either, cause EA is as bad as it always been from what I have heard.

All 2k had to do this year on CG was fix all the bugs, and while they fixed the shot blocking issue with no blocked shots, and improved gameplay, they left every glitch in the game. Instead of adding that BS Lebron mode which was the dumbest thing I have ever heard of, and I have never even looked at it thats how stupid it was imo, they could have been using that time to make sure they had all the annual glitches fixed.

They didnt even bother to patch these issues with a patch this year, so that should tell people they are no better than EA when it comes to treating there customers right. Its a shame gaming companies can get away with this without consequences.

There is only 1 sports video gaming company that actually cares about there customers and that the makers of MLBTS. The thing about it is MLBTS hasnt had any competition for a long time cause even when 2k made a baseball game it was such a joke that it wa slike having no competition anyways, yet MLBTS puts out a quality product yearly and they go out of their way to patch any of the issue the game might have as well. I know I wont be buying another NBA2k game for a long time cause I dont plan on getting a PS4 for quite a while, so even if 2k makes a game for CG next year I wont hand them any more money for a game that is sure to still have its same glitches and no support.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 04-11-2014, 05:48 AM   #3
MVP

How many times will I say this? PC is the saviour for us that don't have next-gen consoles.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:43 AM   #4
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

If anything next gen owners are stuck with crappy version of the game this year not cg players. Better graphics does not equal better video game. Also agree with poster above me, ill take pc version over console version of the game (cg and ng) any time of the day , updated courts , faces , jerseys , animations and many other mods make pc version superior to console versions in my eyes , but you mentioned you play on xbox 360 so that doesnt make any difference for you, either way if you have somewhat decent pc i honestly suggest you to play on it , you can use your xbox controller with pc version of the game and as long as your pc can handle it you will be playing superior game comparing it to console versions (especially CG )
Old 04-11-2014, 09:46 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
How many times will I say this? PC is the saviour for us that don't have next-gen consoles.
Well there's multiple issues with switching to pc.

1) Cost: Most people who are still on ps3/360 either can't afford or don't want to spend 400 (realistically 700 if you count the yearly online pass) on a new console. So if they're reluctant to spend 400-700, why would they spend 1000-1500 on a gaming level pc that can handle those next-gen type of graphics?

2) Multiplayer: As far as i know there's no myteam, blacktop and crews on pc. Lots of people want to play those.

3) Lack of modes in general: I'm not sure about this one, but i'm guessing pc doesn't have the new mygm or the storyline mycareer.

If all someone wants do is play association with great rosters and cyberfaces, and already has a high end computer then by all means pc is the way to go. Most people though will have a problem with one of those 3 issues i listed, or maybe even something else i didn't think of.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2014, 03:40 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetBeaverNeeded
Well there's multiple issues with switching to pc.

1) Cost: Most people who are still on ps3/360 either can't afford or don't want to spend 400 (realistically 700 if you count the yearly online pass) on a new console. So if they're reluctant to spend 400-700, why would they spend 1000-1500 on a gaming level pc that can handle those next-gen type of graphics?

2) Multiplayer: As far as i know there's no myteam, blacktop and crews on pc. Lots of people want to play those.

3) Lack of modes in general: I'm not sure about this one, but i'm guessing pc doesn't have the new mygm or the storyline mycareer.

If all someone wants do is play association with great rosters and cyberfaces, and already has a high end computer then by all means pc is the way to go. Most people though will have a problem with one of those 3 issues i listed, or maybe even something else i didn't think of.
Amm...the PC version can be played at 45+ FPS on a PC that is old 5-6 years. Also, you can change animations(real, ingame animations can be removed and different can be added), you already have every NBA season made and playable. Of course PC version is for offline gaming, while consoles are for online.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:05 PM   #7
MVP

YogiGarebear89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
If anything next gen owners are stuck with crappy version of the game this year not cg players. Better graphics does not equal better video game. Also agree with poster above me, ill take pc version over console version of the game (cg and ng) any time of the day , updated courts , faces , jerseys , animations and many other mods make pc version superior to console versions in my eyes , but you mentioned you play on xbox 360 so that doesnt make any difference for you, either way if you have somewhat decent pc i honestly suggest you to play on it , you can use your xbox controller with pc version of the game and as long as your pc can handle it you will be playing superior game comparing it to console versions (especially CG )
You have a very great point and I guess I forgot about the whole PC thing. PC as a whole from what I understand is what people go to to make there game suit there needs. Mods are pretty much only compatible on PC unless you have a USB and all that shiznet. I agree in the fact better graphics doesn't mean better game. I feel just this year the gameplay,audio and other areas just fell short and I'm not sure if it was intentional maybe to have people crave to want Next Gen. However even NG gamers have the issues that CG has. So maybe you are on to something. Maybe PC is the way to go. It'll be interesting to find out

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Romans 8:31, The Apex Predator Mentality
Old 04-12-2014, 10:12 AM   #8
Rookie

psyberkayos's Arena

The fact that they release weekly VC for next-gen and have completely ignored the PS3/360 consoles should tell you something.

I didn't think they'd be THAT blatantly obvious that they're ignoring last-gen, but they are.

No more locker codes for last-gen. And not even a singlel explanation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »