Home

Community Challenge

This is a discussion on Community Challenge within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-08-2014, 11:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Community Challenge

Couple questions about community challenge:

First, I was trying to create one last night. The scenario is that you are the pitcher with a 1 run lead in the bottom of the ninth, bases loaded and one out. The success requirement is that you get a save. Based on MLB rules 10.19, this is a save situation. However, I could not for the life of me prove this challenge. I would get the two outs without allowing a run but fail the challenge somehow. I added an automatic disqualifier of allowing a run, but that didn't change things. I also changed it from bases loaded, to runners on first and second, just in case there was a bug allowing the run to count if the runner crossed the plate as the 3rd out was being recorded. Before I report this as a bug, can anybody clue me in to what I might be doing wrong?

Second, when browsing through the community challenges, if you use the filter to narrow the range then look at the details of one of the challenges, then back out, you get kicked all the way back to the master list, not your filtered list. This isn't a bug, I don't think, but more of an irritating design feature, because you then have to set up your filter again. Is this the kind of thing we can post in the bug report, or are the devs wanting only actual bugs there?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2014, 04:58 PM   #2
№¹ Bad Boy.

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Community Challenge

The pitcher that starts the actual play is the pitcher of record. To get the save you'll have to change pitchers.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:08 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Community Challenge

I wondered if that might be the case. Thanks for clearing it up.

So, am I correct in stating that there is no way to create a challenge where success is determined by getting a save, without including instructions to change pitchers?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »