Home

Anyone else having trouble turning a double play?

This is a discussion on Anyone else having trouble turning a double play? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-05-2014, 06:43 AM   #1
Rookie

cbrown119's Arena

OVR: 2
Anyone else having trouble turning a double play?

Hi,
A quick question. I am having trouble fielding. I have given up more than the usual amount of infield singles with my throws not beating the runner, even on routine ground balls.

When trying a double play....I have never completed the back end of it. I don't know if its a slider adjustment- but I feel the fielder speed is already too fast.

I have been using button accuracy with my problem, but on pure analog I can complete the double play.

Anyone else seeing this or have a suggestion?

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2014, 08:15 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone else having trouble turning a double play?

Are you preloading your throws, especially the one to 1st?

Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

Base running speed should also be dropped one click.... Also maybe drop the difficulty for button accuracy. I use all star and it's very tough
Old 04-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #4
Rookie

cbrown119's Arena

Thanks for the response.

I do pre-load the throw to first, but I haven't tried lowering b/r speed. What I have been trying to improve on is charging the ball instead of waiting for it to come to the player.

Sometimes I get the feeling that there is an animation delay in the process of the double play.

But like I said earlier, with pure analog, there isn't a problem turning two. Its only with button accuracy that I am finding it harder--- The opposite of last years version where I had to switch TO button accuracy because of too many errors with pure analog...
Old 04-05-2014, 11:10 AM   #5
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

The sweet spot is small for button accuracy, you need to preload as soon as the ball leaves the hand of the fielder on the throw to second.

from on Vimeo.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2014, 11:48 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 4

The runners are just way, way too fast in this year's version. Catchers are legging out infield hits on balls that should beat them by 2-3 steps.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:38 PM   #7
Rookie

cbrown119's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeercy
The runners are just way, way too fast in this year's version. Catchers are legging out infield hits on balls that should beat them by 2-3 steps.
If I did drop the baserunning speed, how would that effect other situations in the game, such as, being able to score from 2nd on a single (like in reality)?

I am glad to hear that others think there needs adjustments (sliders) as like in every year. I just thought it was my poor gameplay affecting the DP. I was thinking about moving up the fielding speed 1 notch, but I feel they are already too fast taking away my singles.

Either way, I'll wait to the "professionals" release their sliders.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:28 AM   #8
Rookie

cbrown119's Arena

I played some more with the default Veteran settings.... I need to move some sliders, but not sure which one(s) would be best. I am hoping some of you more experienced users would help

MY players (fielders) react slow to the actual throwing motion to a base. I can "just barely" get a lead runner out and "just miss" the double play at first. This happens even when Pre-Loading - with Button Accuracy.

The CPU players seem faster around the bases while mine run "like catchers" - no offense to the catchers....

In the Outfield, I feel that the fielders, on both sides, are too fast and catch up to balls that were hits last year. But, maybe thats just me getting used to the new game...

What would you suggest to change?

Baserunning Speed

Fielding Reaction

Fielding Speed

Or is there another slider that would be better to change?

I don't have the game in front of me now, and I do not remember if these sliders are "universal" settings or CPU/Player specific sliders.

Thank you

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »