Home

Durability vs. Injury attribute

This is a discussion on Durability vs. Injury attribute within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-03-2014, 10:07 PM   #1
Rookie

ptbnl's Arena

OVR: 3
Durability vs. Injury attribute

I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, but is there a reason why energy/stamina and injury are linked in Durability?

I know they're technically related (the more tired you are, the more likely you could get injured), but I've seen some really out-of-whack Durability ratings (Jose Reyes comes to mind with a 90-something Dur, despite chronic hamstring injuries every year).

I just think there can be guys who don't get hurt often, but can't play every game and guys who get hurt a lot, but play everyday when healthy. It seems the two can be related, but not be the same attribute.

I don't know if it's the same for '14 (I've got the PS4 version ordered), but that should probably be changed in the future. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2014, 11:25 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Durability vs. Injury attribute

I was just discussing this with someone in another thread. I'm in complete agreement. There should be a stamina rating and an injury rating. When a player is fatigued, his injury rating should then get magnified.

With one rating, you can't create certain player types. Not all injuries are the result of fatigued players; some guys are just more prone to getting hurt, and others sometimes get hurt because they are going 110% all the time and pull more hamstrings. These players are unaccounted for with one durability rating.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:50 PM   #3
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptbnl
I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, but is there a reason why energy/stamina and injury are linked in Durability?

I know they're technically related (the more tired you are, the more likely you could get injured), but I've seen some really out-of-whack Durability ratings (Jose Reyes comes to mind with a 90-something Dur, despite chronic hamstring injuries every year).

I just think there can be guys who don't get hurt often, but can't play every game and guys who get hurt a lot, but play everyday when healthy. It seems the two can be related, but not be the same attribute.

I don't know if it's the same for '14 (I've got the PS4 version ordered), but that should probably be changed in the future. Thoughts?
I agree there should be a durability rating and a injury rating. Durable rating could mean you tend to play in all or most of the games throut the season and dont get injured as much. Then injury rating would be the likelyhood of how injury prone you are, guys like Jose Reyes should have a high druabilty/stamina rating but a very low injury rating cause Reyes is about as weak as they come with staying on the field without getting injured.

I have never quite understood why they dont do this, cause it seems to affect games played more than actual injury from what I have seen. I have seen guy with low durability stay healthy why hight rated guys get hurt. Although minor league players do get injured a lot and have low durability ratings when you sim games. What I do is turn down the injury slider for minor league games simmed, and when I play my games whether it be MLB or minors I crank the injury slider up other wise you dont ever see injuries hardly with it at default when you play the games.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 04-04-2014, 02:51 PM   #4
Rookie

Levesque7's Arena

OVR: 5

This is a really good point. I never thought of it before. They should be separate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »