Home

Calibration issue?

This is a discussion on Calibration issue? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-03-2014, 08:44 PM   #1
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26
Calibration issue?

Love the game, as always incredible, but I'm getting super frustrated. My swing always lags behind a half second or full second after my analog swing motion using the controller. Not sure if it's an issue with the game, my PS 3, or TV (which is about a month old). Any ideas? Right now I'm having to end my swing as the pitcher throws the ball just to make contact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2014, 10:03 PM   #2
Rookie

chaz526's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Calibration issue?

Enable game mode on your TV. It reduces the latency of what's displayed on the screen.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:02 AM   #3
Rookie

Does you tv have a GAME mode built in? If so, make sure you set your input on your TV where your PS3 is connected to GAME.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #4
Rookie

Levesque7's Arena

OVR: 5

As the other have said, this is a Display lag issue. It lies with your TV.

Newer TVs have what's called "post processing". Basically, it takes the image that is being delivered to it, and then does some processing to the image to make it look as good as possible on your television.

This is great for TV and movies, but anything interactive and time sensitive, and it becomes a pain.

Most TVs have a "Game Mode", which turns off some, or all of the post processing, but unfortunately, not all TVs game modes are good enough for The Show. Some of them only slightly improve the performance, and still make the game relatively unplayable.

I have 2 fairly new TVs, one 60" Plasma, and one 40" LCD, and neither of them can play this game, even on Game Mode. I use a 22" Acer Monitor to play.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:17 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque7
As the other have said, this is a Display lag issue. It lies with your TV.

Newer TVs have what's called "post processing". Basically, it takes the image that is being delivered to it, and then does some processing to the image to make it look as good as possible on your television.

This is great for TV and movies, but anything interactive and time sensitive, and it becomes a pain.

Most TVs have a "Game Mode", which turns off some, or all of the post processing, but unfortunately, not all TVs game modes are good enough for The Show. Some of them only slightly improve the performance, and still make the game relatively unplayable.

I have 2 fairly new TVs, one 60" Plasma, and one 40" LCD, and neither of them can play this game, even on Game Mode. I use a 22" Acer Monitor to play.
I would hate it if my big screen couldn't play The Show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2014, 11:17 PM   #6
Rookie

I have a 40" inch Samsung that is a universally lauded television and I cannot play the Show on it at all. With game mode on, renaming the HDMI to PC(something I've read was supposed to help) and countless other "remedies", it's still completely unplayable. I was playing the last two years on a monitor but I got rid of the monitor when I bought a laptop. So I can't buy this year's version of the Show because it just doesn't work on my TV. It's incredibly disappointing. I wish they could have included something like Rock Band had where you could calibrate the game in the menu to make up the timing difference.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #7
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

Wow that's super frustrating.

I have turned it to game mode, which improves it. But there is still a small lag. I really don't know what I'm going to do because that's the only TV I have.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #8
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

Would using component cables instead of HDMI have any affect or no?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »