Home

rtts base stealing

This is a discussion on rtts base stealing within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
rtts base stealing

Ok, search shows nothing dated this year, so on mbl14 the show PS3, I find the typical base running not working.

R1 still increases lead
L1 still takes lead back a step

However, R2 no longer works to actually take off on a steal, or a 3-2 count.

Read the manual, it says R2 is the button. I have tried settings in mode specific, rtts running, tried both Classic and Default and find no way to take off and steal in either mode. When I push R2, or any button, nothing happens, he just stands there.

Am I missing some other setting somewhere?

I appreciate any help. Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2014, 03:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: rtts base stealing

I have the same problem, I have tried everything.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Guccilafluer's Arena

In RTTS when you want to steal its left thumbstick towards the base your trying to go to.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:36 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guccilafluer
In RTTS when you want to steal its left thumbstick towards the base your trying to go to.
I think what you are describing is whats called "Default" mode of running. I am using Classic, buttons.

I do have further info, which makes it even a bit more puzzling. I have found now, for whatever reason, that R2 does indeed cause him to steal, BUT there is a lag in when he goes. Its like you have no say in when he breaks, its sort of automatic. Perhaps whether he gets a good break or not depends on his ratings in basestealing, not sure. You hit the button, let go, and a second or two later, he breaks. Beats me.

But it does take most of the fun out of it. I wonder if there is some other setting that will change this back to the way it was in 2013, which was you read the pitcher, and hit R2 when pitcher made his move. It was up to you to decide when, not some bytes in the program.

Puzzling why the other times I tried this R2 that it didn't happen. He never moved, but now for some reason, he does break, but only when the computer decides to, not you.

Very puzzled.

Lots of RTTS players out there, please share with us who are in the dark about this. Thanks.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:24 PM   #5
Rookie

MichaelCook17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeefeholmes
Puzzling why the other times I tried this R2 that it didn't happen. He never moved, but now for some reason, he does break, but only when the computer decides to, not you.

I am not at home to check, but do one of the base running stats have anything to do with the lag between their jump and the user hitting the button?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2014, 06:56 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelCook17
I am not at home to check, but do one of the base running stats have anything to do with the lag between their jump and the user hitting the button?
If you are referring to those attributes which we add to with 'training points', no I don't think so. The 3 that would be related to stealing are

Speed
Base Stealing
Base Running Aggressiveness

That 3rd one, BR Aggressiveness they say in the description about it, that it only applies to simulation. The likelihood of him stretching a double, or trying to steal etc, when in simulation.

So if my 'theory' is correct, that whetehr he gets a good jump or not, is dependent on these attributes, I would assume "Base Stealing" is the only one it would depend on, plus his speed would add the chance for success at getting there fast.

What was odd, I thought, the one and only time I have stolen so far, I was on 2nd and another runner on 1st. I pushed R2, and successfully stole 3rd, got a good jump via whatever magic. What was surprising was that the guy on first also stole! It was a double steal, as if I were the mgr and called for a double steal.

Never seen anything like that, and am really puzzled so far. It might be great stuff, if we can get a handle on how it works etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »