Home

How to make Nba2K15 CG worth it?

This is a discussion on How to make Nba2K15 CG worth it? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-30-2014, 11:27 AM   #1
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
How to make Nba2K15 CG worth it?

Hi.

Been playing 2K for a while now and I can say that 2K14CG is becoming my favourite. It's a game I will easily play all year long (with ups and downs off course). But how can 2K make 2K15cg not just a roster update?

Here's my ideas.

-First thing that comes to mind is to fix every faces that are wrong in the game. Parsons instantly comes to mind. It's a glitch 2K, he's a visual glitch that should be taken care of. Nobody in the history of the universe has ever looked like that.

-Bring back the escape dribbles from a standing still position. Thoses where in 2K13 but where taken off. If you now try to perform them you will just pumpfake. I thought some 2K13's escape dribbles animation needed to be removed (Some where covering way too much space, or theses who had a forward motion would glitch with the defense etc) but overall I loved them. I liked to be able to realise them with high post players.

-Absolutely need a new scoreboard. It's the same from 2K13 but with a different colour. Why not bring the one from the NG? Minimal work for 2K.

-Ability to make any arenas specific cameras your default one. How is it not in the game already?

-New replay camera angles, new stats overlays, new pause menu. Fresh.

-Bring back practice plays mode.

-Improve screens efficiency. Defenders need to be slowed down more when coming around a screen.

-Bring back shimmys into hook shots in the post from 2K11. Must have.

-Bring back ability to choose wich hand you want to finish your layup with. Should have never been removed.

-Fix spin shots animations. Why are they glitched in the first place when 2k had them right since forever?

-Improve teams jersey colours. Bring back the black colour. Spurs and Heat's jersez are grays. Bring back true black colour from 2K11/12.

-VERY IMPORTANT: DON'T REMOVE ANYTHING THAT WORKS FINE FROM 2K14. In 2K15 we still want to be able to block shot, we want the CPU to double team, we want contact on up and unders. We want everything from 2K14 and new things.

If they can do that, I will be onboard for 2K15 CG and feel like I'am not buying a roster update.

Last edited by Vni; 03-30-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2014, 01:06 PM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: How to make Nba2K15 CG worth it?

Agreed except escape dribbles....they are canned...they just need to add packages to add to the individuality of the players...you can essentially to every escape dribble from 13 in 14, just takes some stick skill...but I like the idea of doing it myself...
Old 03-30-2014, 01:09 PM   #3
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

The ones I'am talking about are still in the game actually but you cannot perform them from a standing still position without and without dribbling.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:25 PM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Hmmm you lost me...
Old 03-30-2014, 01:48 PM   #5
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

Yeah. I'd show a replay of what I'am talking about but the uploading replays feature doesn't work anymore.

Anything you would add to the list to make 2K15cg worth it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2014, 03:51 PM   #6
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

Nobody on this? Are you guys planning to get next gen for 2K15?
Old 03-31-2014, 05:38 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think with the fact that current gen gets all that exclusive content plus the changes proves that 2k has ps4/xb1 on the brain and I doubt if anything special comes with previous gen. Obviously they'll fix a few things here and there but I just don't think the changes will be as drastic. Plus previous gen BARELY gets any codes, again proving their attention isn't on us anymore
Old 03-31-2014, 07:02 PM   #8
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

I think my expectations are pretty reasonnable even with a limited developement team but yeah there is a good chance 2K releases a glorified roster update for 2K15 on old gens while they go all in on the PS4 and Xone. Tbh that depends on what the market is predicted to be and at wich rate people are upgrading over to the next gen. So far I would say the Next gen (Not just 2K but overall) has been pretty underwhelming (at least from a distance) so I don't know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »