Home

The Destiny To 17 - Los Angeles Lakers Association

This is a discussion on The Destiny To 17 - Los Angeles Lakers Association within the Basketball Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-29-2014, 12:34 PM   #1
MVP

StraightBaylien's Arena

OVR: 12
The Destiny To 17 - A Los Angeles Lakers Association

THE DESTINY TO 17
A Los Angeles Lakers Association - NBA 2K14 Current Gen

Team: Los Angeles Lakers
Injuries: Randomized
Season: 2014-15 & on
Games Played: 'Nationally Televised' Games
Roster: Trifecta
Sliders: Trifecta
Draft Class: 2014 Trifecta, CWSapp/Dreece

NBA 2013-14 SEASON RESULTS
NBA 2013-14 SEASON AWARDS:

Spoiler

ALL NBA TEAMS:

Spoiler

NBA 2014 PLAYOFFS:

Spoiler

NBA 2014 RETIRING CLASS:

Spoiler

NBA COACHING CHANGES:

Spoiler

2014 NBA DRAFT SUMMARY:

Spoiler

NBA FREE AGENT SIGNINGS:

Spoiler

NBA ROSTERS:

Spoiler

Last edited by StraightBaylien; 08-11-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2014, 12:47 PM   #2
MVP

StraightBaylien's Arena

Re: The Destiny To 17 - Los Angeles Lakers Association

LOS ANGELES LAKERS 2014-15 STARTING LINEUP:

Point Guard: Marcus Smart
2013-14 NCAA: 18.0 PPG, 5.9 RPG, 4.8 APG, 2.9 SPG

Here is the first of three mysteries in the Lakers lineup for the 2014-15 season, a rookie point guard in charge of running a team who's expectations from their front office, their fans and (some would say most importantly) their star player, Kobe Bryant are exceptionally high. After a disappointing campaign that left the Lakers with the fourth overall selection in the 2014 Draft, Los Angeles is looking to use that pick to vault into playoff contention a mere year after being planted in the Western Conference's cellar. Smart is an intelligent combo guard with explosiveness and great finishing ability at the rim. In the latter half of the NCAA season last year, Smart began displaying his talents as a playmaker and defender. In Smart's last 4 NCAA games he tallied 27 assists and 21 steals. A Rookie of the Year caliber season is needed from Smart in order for the Lakers to remain relevent.

Shooting Guard: Kobe Bryant
2013-14: 13.8 PPG, 4.3 RPG, 6.3 APG, 5.7 TOPG, 6 GP

Mystery 2/3 right here, folks. Entering his nineteenth NBA season, it is still no doubt in anyone's mind that Kobe Bryant is one of the elite shooting guards and all-around scorers in NBA history, his numbers will not fight you on that claim. With that being said, Bryant is coming off the most disappointing season in his career, in terms of numbers, team play and general involvement in the team. While appearing in only six games for the Lakers last year, Kobe helped his team to only two wins. Bryant is not only playing for his team's success this season, but will be fighting to save his legacy, in his eyes. The 18-year pro has stated he does not wish to play if he can not "dominate", meaning a lesser role or perhaps being designated the second option of a team, would not appease the Mamba. Kobe Bryant will have to prove not only that he wishes to dominate, but that he's still capable of it as well.

Small Forward: Trevor Ariza
2013-14: 15.0 PPG, 6.1 RPG, 2.7 APG, 1.7 SPG

With defense being a top priority for Jim Buss in the off-season, one can't help but think the Lakers struck gold with Trevor Ariza. Coming off of an impressive 2013-14 season, Ariza opted to leave Washington and sign with the Lakers. "I went to school here, high school and college. I won a ring here. This feels like home right now. You're never more comfortable than you are at home, and when I'm comfortable, that's when the best comes out." Back in the 2008-2009 season, Ariza was a huge piece in the Lakers Championship season and that fact no doubt had a play in Los Angeles' pursuit of the UCLA alumni. Defensive ability, athleticism, consistent shooting and a quick first step make Los Angeles' signing of the eleven-year swingman one of the more sneaky (and possibly rewarding) signings this off-season.

Power Forward: Pau Gasol
2013-14: 17.0 PPG, 9.9 RPG, 3.5 APG, 1.4 BPG

While it's not a huge suprise that the Lakers re-signed Pau Gasol given how intent Kobe was on the organization keeping him, but what was suprising is the length of the deal. A one-year deal, worth $6.13M (source: SpoTrac.com) gives Gasol another season with a decent pay rate until next year when the Lakers will either choose to sign him to a multi-year deal, let him walk, or the Spainard may decide to retire. "I'm not sure how much is left in my body, I mean, right now.. I feel great. I feel like I could play until I'm 40. But there's always that stretch in the season, where your body does not cooperate. I hope myself and the training staff can do our bests to limit that. I think we did a good job of it last year and we'll build on it." Gasol missed 24 games last season due to injury, which may not look like a step forward for a 34 year old big man, but his 58 games played is a step up from the 49 he played in 2012-13. Gasol is still an extremely skilled, efficient scorer in both the low and high post, not to mention probably the best passer on the entire roster. For the Lakers to success, Gasol must succeed and success is linking back up with Kobe and being that great one-two punch, if just for one more season.

Center: Robert Sacre
2013-14: 4.3 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 0.8 BPG, 15.2 MPG

And the third and final mystery is awarded to the third-year big man out of Gonzaga. Robert Sacre was announced as the starter last week after the Lakers final preseason game against the Bobcats. If anyone can recall, last year head coach (at the time) Mike D'Antoni praised Sacre as the team's "best defender, by far" which of course is quite the compliment, but when you put it into context of how bad the Lakers were on defense, SOMEONE has to be the best defender. All ribbing aside, Sacre did show great promise near the end of last season when Gasol went down with a knee injury and was forced to sit the final 10 games of the season. In those 10 games (10 games started) Sacre averaged 7.7 PPG, 6.9 RPG and 1.7 BPG in roughly 25 minutes per contest. If Sacre is awarded the starting job full time, offensive improvement must be a huge priority for him and the Lakers staff. Who knows, given the right development and training, we could have another Andrew Bynum situation on our hands, and we're not talking Philadelphia or Cleveland.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:03 PM   #3
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Following, good so far.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 03-29-2014, 01:11 PM   #4
MVP

StraightBaylien's Arena

Lakers Nationally Televised Games

-Thursday, Oct. 30 vs. Portland (TNT) - 96-93, W

-Wednesday, Nov. 20 @ Golden State (ESPN)

-Wednesday, Dec. 17 @ Miami (ESPN)

-Sunday, January 4 vs. Miami (ABC)

-Thursday, February 5 vs. Brooklyn (TNT)

-Wednesday, February 25 vs. Memphis (ESPN)

-Thursday, March 12 @ Boston (TNT)

-Sunday, March 29 @ San Antonio (ABC)

-Sunday, April 12 @ L.A. Clippers (ABC)

Last edited by StraightBaylien; 03-31-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
MVP

StraightBaylien's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
Following, good so far.
Thanks a lot. Always love to hear someone following! I'll try and keep it good for ya
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2014, 01:43 PM   #6
MVP

StraightBaylien's Arena

Kobe Says Marcus Smart Is Lakers "Best Draft Pick Since Magic"
Oct 28, 2014 7:50 PM EDT

Kobe Bryant was impressed with Lakers' draft pick Marcus Smart's pre-season performance, so much so that Bryant compared Smart to Hall of Fame point guard Magic Johnson, but not necessarily with a player comparison. Bryant went on to say: "Marcus [Smart] is special. He stepped into a system, being the number one option right away and choked it out. He's a killer. [The Lakers] best draft pick since Magic."

Smart led the Lakers to a 5-3 record in the pre-season while averaging a solid 15.3 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 4.3 APG, 1.1 SPG on .437% shooting from the field. Smart's averages in assists was good for first on the team and his points per game was for second behind Nick Young's 16.3 PPG.

It is clear that the Black Mamba is high on Smart as well are the Lakers. We'll just have to see how well it translates to the court and if the addition of Kobe to the Lakers lineup will stunt or strengthen Smart's growth. Bryant is expected to play in the Lakers season opener vs. Portland on Thursday, this will be the first time Kobe has appeared in an NBA game since Dec. 19, 2013.

Last edited by StraightBaylien; 03-29-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:24 PM   #7
MVP

StraightBaylien's Arena

GAME 2 ON TNT: Blazers vs. Lakers
GAME 1: Nets 104, Knicks 96
PTS: BKN-Johnson 19 | NYK-Anthony 25
REB: BKN-Kirilenko, 11 | NYK-Chandler, 10
AST: BKN-Williams 5 | NYK-Shumpert 5

-NBA on TNT's theme plays as the camera flies back in from commercial break and displays the four panelists laughing, discussing something unknown, the music fades out and the camera focuses on Ernie Johnson.-

Ernie: Hello once again, this is Inside the NBA on TNT, presented by Hyundai, thanks for sticking with us. I'm your host, Ernie Johnson and as always with my to my direct left is Kenny "The Jet" Smith, to his left is Charles Barkley and to my right, none other than "The Diesel" Shaquille O'Neal. Gentlemen, we had a great game one, where the Brooklyn Nets defeated the New York Knicks 104-to-96 but now its time to shift attention to Game 2 of our double header. The Blazers and Lakers.

Kenny: Ernie, I'm really excited about this game and I'll tell you why..

Ernie: Well I'd like to hope so and not just leave us all in the dark

Kenny: These two teams have two of the most exciting players in basketball right now. And I'm talkin the point guard position. Damian Lillard versus Marcus Smart. Granted, granted we haven't seen Smart play a minute of REAL TIME NBA ball yet, but from what we've seen, both in the pre-season and at Oklahoma State, is that this guy can be a game changer. He can dominate, its just whether he can do it on the biggest stage there is. We've seen what Lillard can do, Smart is up in the air. I'm excited for it though..

Chuck: Kenny, you make a great point. What, with the two young guards in Marcus Smart and Damian Lillard, but my focus... and I think I'm not alone here... my focus is gonna be solely on Kobe Bryant tonight. Will he show up and play his game, let the game come to him, ease himself in, or will he force up a buncha junk tryna get things goin again? That's gonna be real interesting to see.

Shaq: As far as I'm concerned, its not a question of HOW Kobe is gonna come out and play. Or if he's gonna look for his shot, or pass it up, it's how he's gonna adjust to the game. How 10 months off affects your game. Its a tricky thing, but I know Kobe and he'll be ready for it either way.

Ernie: So what do you think this team's ceiling is, the Lakers that is, where do you think the highest they can reach this year, if they stay healthy?

Kenny: And that's the key Ernie, IF... they stay healthy. And this roster, is not a very young roster. They have young pieces. But a lot of the production and depth they're gonna be relying on is from guys, on the tail end of the playing career. Kobe, Gasol, Elton Brand, LeAndro Barbosa, Kenyon Martin. All players with history of injury, Kobe's a little more recent as he's shown to be able to fight through injuries in the past. Plus a new coach never helps things... But if this team can stay healthy and gel together, you got a playoff team here. Now after that, I don't know. They're not winning it all, obviously. I'd pick the Blazers to win it all before the Lakers do. At least this year.

Shaq: I agree, I agree, this team doesn't have the firepower to compete with a Miami, with an Oklahoma City, with a San Antonio. There's too many obstacles in the way for the Lakers to make too much noise this year.

Ernie: ...Chuck? You have any thoughts?

Chuck: OK, this Laker team. They might be better than last year, but every team in the NBA is right now. (panel laughs) No no but I'm serious. The Lakers were turrible last year, they had D-League players on their roster playing big minutes, so the only way is up. That's it..

Ernie: Short and sweet from the Chuckster. All right, we're gonna take a quick commercial break and when we come back we'll send you live to Kevin Harlan, Reggie Miller and the rest of the TNT crew for tipoff of Game 2 of our double header with the Portland Trail Blazers visiting the Los Angeles Lakers, stay with us.

Old 03-29-2014, 03:02 PM   #8
MVP

StraightBaylien's Arena

COMING UP NEXT:
Exclusive interview with Kobe Bryant and Craig Sager

Coming up next, TNT will air Craig Sager's exclusive one-on-one interview with Kobe Bryant where the two discuss his injury, the rehab process, his sizeable extension, the future of Los Angeles and more...

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Basketball Dynasties »