Home

So I just scored 96 effortless points online with LeBron to make a point.

This is a discussion on So I just scored 96 effortless points online with LeBron to make a point. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-18-2014, 01:50 AM   #1
Rookie

RAPH's Arena

OVR: 0

First of all, it was my first time playing with the Heat.

I play with the Pistons about 75% of the time.

I gave basically 0 effort in scoring the 96 points as well. I beat the Clippers by about 10.

I had 1 rebound, 0 assists, a 0 turnovers. (I finally realized the reason why I usually get TO's is because I try to pass and actually play a team game smh.)

I basically just used turbo to barge myself into the paint while spamming the crossover button and double pumping, and spotting up for threes over and over.

There were times where I would missed 3 or 4 shots in a row, but it didn't matter, cause LeBron would somehow get a miraculous dunk or 3 pointer to suddenly break his cold spell.

WHAT PROVOKED ME TO TRY TO DO THIS?

Because I give 110% effort playing with the Pistons as I usually do, but only to lose to guys who spam me over and over with superstars, or players loaded with sig skills.

I just wanted to prove a point, that this game is not about skill. It's about spamming with sig skill loaded superstar who can cheese all game.

That is all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2014, 03:57 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: So I just scored 96 effortless points online with LeBron to make a point.

That's 2K for you. Rewarding the cheesers and not the sim players.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:57 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPH
First of all, it was my first time playing with the Heat.

I play with the Pistons about 75% of the time.

I gave basically 0 effort in scoring the 96 points as well. I beat the Clippers by about 10.

I had 1 rebound, 0 assists, a 0 turnovers. (I finally realized the reason why I usually get TO's is because I try to pass and actually play a team game smh.)

I basically just used turbo to barge myself into the paint while spamming the crossover button and double pumping, and spotting up for threes over and over.

There were times where I would missed 3 or 4 shots in a row, but it didn't matter, cause LeBron would somehow get a miraculous dunk or 3 pointer to suddenly break his cold spell.

WHAT PROVOKED ME TO TRY TO DO THIS?

Because I give 110% effort playing with the Pistons as I usually do, but only to lose to guys who spam me over and over with superstars, or players loaded with sig skills.

I just wanted to prove a point, that this game is not about skill. It's about spamming with sig skill loaded superstar who can cheese all game.

That is all.
That kid had to of sucked or didn't adjust his Help Defense, because that wouldn't happen against me, Lebron is a pain in the *** no doubt, but I've figured out a good method to contain him, yea he'll make a few bs shots where he just overpowers guys, but unless your terrible at this game one guy is not gonna beat you.

It's how you use that one guy in key spots that beats you. If the heat are stroking it from deep, then you shift your focus on that, and you have Lebron driving is when the Heat are difficult, but when people just ride with Lebron, I usually shut him down.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:21 PM   #4
Rookie

Maccy46's Arena

I'm curious as to who your opponent chose
Old 03-18-2014, 02:07 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccy46
I'm curious as to who your opponent chose
He said the Clip's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2014, 06:54 PM   #6
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
That kid had to of sucked or didn't adjust his Help Defense, because that wouldn't happen against me, Lebron is a pain in the *** no doubt, but I've figured out a good method to contain him, yea he'll make a few bs shots where he just overpowers guys, but unless your terrible at this game one guy is not gonna beat you.

It's how you use that one guy in key spots that beats you. If the heat are stroking it from deep, then you shift your focus on that, and you have Lebron driving is when the Heat are difficult, but when people just ride with Lebron, I usually shut him down.
Honestly, that was what I was thinking. TEAMS don't score 96 points against me. I have played games where my opponents had scored a ton of points with one player. Heck, I have scored 40+ points with Paul George before. Sometimes, it "just happens".

However, if your entire plan is to exploit one player while ignoring the rest of the team, you're not going to win against me.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:55 PM   #7
Rookie

RAPH's Arena

You guys are missing the point. I didn't play this game to "win" or even have a "good game". I just wanted to see how much BS I could throw up and score without putting in much effort. The fact that I was able to score 96 points with LeBron in any situation is ridiculous. All I did was shoot with him every time, I don't even think I shot 50%.

Mind you, I can barely break 70 points with the Pistons team as a whole.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:31 PM   #8
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPH
You guys are missing the point. I didn't play this game to "win" or even have a "good game". I just wanted to see how much BS I could throw up and score without putting in much effort. The fact that I was able to score 96 points with LeBron in any situation is ridiculous. All I did was shoot with him every time, I don't even think I shot 50%.

Mind you, I can barely break 70 points with the Pistons team as a whole.

But if your opponent sucks, it's not really a well proven point. You have a small sample size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »