Home

Old 03-17-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Update roster

Is there a way to update the roster with real off season changes between seasons? By that I mean if I start with my default roster, play my first season of an offline connected career then want to update with real world roster changes for my 2nd season. Sorry I'm a complete noob when it comes to this. If this is not possible whats the point of all the updated rosters people make when you have to start from the first season of your franchise. Thanks and sorry to be dumb about this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2014, 02:43 AM   #2
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Update roster

Yeah, sorry to say that's not possible. Once you start a CFM, you're locked in with that roster. The only way to emulate what happens in real life would be to control all 32 teams and cut/trade/etc--of course, you're also not going to have real rookies (Jadaveon Clowney, etc) unless you use an imported NCAA 14 draft, which may or may not have all the underclassmen and such.

What I plan on doing is taking a 2014 Roster and starting up a new CFM after the draft--and just continuing on like I have Madden 2015 instead of Madden 25. I won't have the proper schedule, but it'll do.

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 03-18-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Update roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksnutt8
Is there a way to update the roster with real off season changes between seasons? By that I mean if I start with my default roster, play my first season of an offline connected career then want to update with real world roster changes for my 2nd season. Sorry I'm a complete noob when it comes to this. If this is not possible whats the point of all the updated rosters people make when you have to start from the first season of your franchise. Thanks and sorry to be dumb about this.
For Madden 25, you're going to have to update the rosters yourself. It's hard if you can't update the ratings.

For Madden 12, I'm not too sure. I tried but gave up. I got it as far as the preseason of this past season (2013-14). But, my game keeps freezing at a certain point and will go no further. It's easier to update the rosters this way because you can edit the ratings and transactions yourself. You have to search for it but people have updated coaches and schedules for each year that you can import and play them out. You can even import draft classes each year and work that way.

I'm going to see if I can get a newer version of the game because my Madden 12 is about ancient. I've been playing it since it came out and it shows. If it keeps freezing, I'm going to throw in the towel. I've started 3 franchises doing the same thing and they never get into this past season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen > Madden NFL Old Gen Rosters »