Home

More/Accurate Jumpshots

This is a discussion on More/Accurate Jumpshots within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2014, 05:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
More/Accurate Jumpshots

They were on the right track with 2k13 with the pull up jumpers and the hop shots etc

Now it seems like in 2k14 its hard to do a pull up jumper, I try to a pull up jumper but they take off and do a layup smh

For 2k15 I'm hoping they're multiple different jumpshot types like quicker off the dribble shots (westbrook pull up for example or curry)

Every player doesn't just shoot their regular signature shot all the time, sometimes they need to get rid of it quick.

Dirk Is my favorite forward in real life but I can't use him how I would like to in 2k because his shot release is 2 hours long !

Joe Johnson shot is also long and super easy to block and then 2k actually have players on the game that have releases that doesn't even let you know the grade of the release (whether it was early, slightly late etc)

Sorry for the rant but I just wanted to know if I'm not alone in regards to this....

Jumpshooting can be much better in NBA 2k15
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2014, 08:28 PM   #2
Pro

DIRK41NOWITZKI's Arena

OVR: 0
More/Accurate Jumpshots

I totally agree with everything you said. As you may be able to tell, I am a dirk fan myself. His jump shot takes sooo long, I end up getting blocked by small point guards because I can't get the shot off quick enough. In real life his jumpshot is not some lazy super slow jumpshot like it is represented in 2K. I think 2K should redo the jumpshots, and make the timing of them true to life rather than choosing a quick-normal-slow jumpshot.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

Last edited by DIRK41NOWITZKI; 03-16-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:56 PM   #3
MVP

woody47's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: More/Accurate Jumpshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
I totally agree with everything you said. As you may be able to tell, I am a dirk fan myself. His jump shot takes sooo long, I end up getting blocked by small point guards because I can't get the shot off quick enough. In real life his jumpshot is not some lazy super slow jumpshot like it is represented in 2K. I think 2K should redo the jumpshots, and make the timing of them true to life rather than choosing a quick-normal-slow jumpshot.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk
EASY FIX. U can just got to the sig shot thread if ur tryna play with them for personal use. If your trying to play online and against people online. It sucks it can't be helped. U would have to protest forever just to get a chance to have them change it. But since I never play online I can change everyone's shot how I see fit.....happy gaming.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:01 AM   #4
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: More/Accurate Jumpshots

Yeah spot on. Guys like Dirk have radically different form on their 3s compared to their mid rangers.

Also those rhythm pull up jumpers are terrible, they literally slide into the jumper.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »