Home

Signature Skills!?!

This is a discussion on Signature Skills!?! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-02-2014, 06:45 PM   #1
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

OVR: 0
Signature Skills!?!

This is just getting more and more ridiculous! CP3 does definitely not deserve lockdown defender and why does Rondo not have dimer? :
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2014, 04:29 PM   #2
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Re: Signature Skills!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19LloydBanks82
This is just getting more and more ridiculous! CP3 does definitely not deserve lockdown defender and why does Rondo not have dimer? :
Have you ever seen CP3? He's a good defender...not sure about Rondo though.

Don't get too worked up about it
Old 03-04-2014, 09:33 AM   #3
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
Have you ever seen CP3? He's a good defender...not sure about Rondo though.

Don't get too worked up about it
I have watched about 20 games of CP3 this season and he's definitely not a lockdown defender. He's a good defender no doubt, but there a better defenders even at the PG position. How can't you be sure about Rondo? He was leading the NBA in assists per game the past two seasons, tied John Stockton's 2nd longest streak in NBA history for most consecuctive 10+ assist games and set a new NBA record for most consecutive 11+ assist games. He's averaging 10 assists per 36 minutes (3rd in the league) after coming back from knee surgery...he's still the best passer in the league, definitely deserves dimer.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:43 PM   #4
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19LloydBanks82
I have watched about 20 games of CP3 this season and he's definitely not a lockdown defender. He's a good defender no doubt, but there a better defenders even at the PG position. How can't you be sure about Rondo? He was leading the NBA in assists per game the past two seasons, tied John Stockton's 2nd longest streak in NBA history for most consecuctive 10+ assist games and set a new NBA record for most consecutive 11+ assist games. He's averaging 10 assists per 36 minutes (3rd in the league) after coming back from knee surgery...he's still the best passer in the league, definitely deserves dimer.
I meant not sure how he doesn't have Dimer...he should have dimer and flashy passer.

For a PG I think Paul is one of the best defenders in the league, I remember the one game last year when he completely locked down Kobe
Old 03-04-2014, 05:04 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

First of all have u watched CP3 at all? he is a lockdown defender. He doesnt always play lockdown defense because its more team oriented and he has good backside defense in Deandre. He has led the league in steals numerous times and is always every single year in the top 3 at least. CP3 is an elite defender and if u dont think that than u dont know basketball. Also Rondo should have Dimer, but hes not the best passer in the league, that would go to CP3 or Rubio. But Rondo is right after those guys. Dont forget Rondo played with 3 hall of famers when he was getting the majority of those monster assist games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2014, 07:04 PM   #6
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsexymarc
First of all have u watched CP3 at all? he is a lockdown defender. He doesnt always play lockdown defense because its more team oriented and he has good backside defense in Deandre. He has led the league in steals numerous times and is always every single year in the top 3 at least. CP3 is an elite defender and if u dont think that than u dont know basketball. Also Rondo should have Dimer, but hes not the best passer in the league, that would go to CP3 or Rubio. But Rondo is right after those guys. Dont forget Rondo played with 3 hall of famers when he was getting the majority of those monster assist games.
CP3 is not a lockdown defender, he is no doubt a great defender like i said, but not a lockdown defender...his individual defensive rating is a 103, which is good but not worthy of lockdown defender. Getting a lot of steals doesn't mean you're a lockdown defender, it's the same for blocks. Rondo is the best passer in the league, you can say he played with 3 hall of famers all you want and of course that's an advantage, but you also have to consider the fact that those 3 were way past their prime and always had to slow it down. Getting a lot of assists in a half court offense is way tougher than it is when you play on a young, athletic team like CP3. He gets around 3-4 assists just from alley oops, not that hard... and for Rubio, he's a great flashy passer, but not the best passer in the NBA.

Last edited by 19LloydBanks82; 03-04-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:24 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

CP3 absolutely deserves lockdown defender if any PG does. Definitely a top 3 or 4 defender at his position. As a league pass owner, I probably watch him 10+ times a year.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:37 PM   #8
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwabalicious
CP3 absolutely deserves lockdown defender if any PG does. Definitely a top 3 or 4 defender at his position. As a league pass owner, I probably watch him 10+ times a year.
I own league pass as well, watched about 20 games of CP3 this season and all I can say is, he doesn't deserve lockdown defender. There are better 1 on 1 defenders than Chris Paul on the PG position. He is definitely a great defender, but he doesn't shut his matchup down. If you look at the players who have LD, Tony Allen, LeBron, Paul George or Avery Bradley, CP3 is not in their category of 1 on 1 defense. There are players who deserve it more than he does, Hibbert for example.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »