Home

NBA 2k15 Soundtrack Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2k15 Soundtrack Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-01-2014, 12:19 AM   #1
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23
NBA 2k15 Soundtrack Wishlist

Figure we'd get this started, since last year's began in January.

Spoiler

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2014, 05:14 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k15 Soundtrack Wishlist

I've always wanted to see just more old school or 90s hip hop in the game. That's always gets me in the mood for bball. I love the black keys but listening to elevator while playing basketball doesn't exactly seem to fit.
And please, no more summer hits. I hear enough of blurred lines and radioactive already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2014, 05:17 AM   #3
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Please 2K fix the soundtrack for next year. They made the soundtrack to "pop" and not actual basketball oriented music. Basketball to me is hip-hop and rap, when I play the show I don't hear rap/hip-hop, make the music pertain to the sport. I cannot stand blurred lines or radioactive anymore. NBA Live selection for their game is perfect, 2k take note.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:41 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm also in heavy favor of returning to 2K's soundtrack roots, which was to include fresh music mostly from underground or independent artists. It's not that I'm a hipster or anything, I've just found that's the best way for a video game to keep their music fresh (while introducing me to new artists).

Unfortunately, as much as I loved "Shook Ones pt. II" and appreciated Kurtis Blow for instance, both of those tracks drove me insane when included in 2K, just because they'd already been overplayed, beginning nearly 20 years ago or more. Also, as others said, including current big pop hits is also rough, because those are being overplayed everywhere else as we speak, and that becomes awfully grating as well.

Lastly, is it more expensive to acquire the rights of big time pop stars (Jay-Z, U2) than to bring on lesser knowns (Illinois, Friendly Fires, MF Doom)? If that be the case, it'd be nice if that's the first place folks looked to cut costs as opposed to always going for the classic teams jugular (the old refrain of "classic player rights cost too much money - though we don't know how much - so they should be removed.")

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
Sidenote, instant flashback to MVP Baseball 2005.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:45 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'm also in heavy favor of returning to 2K's soundtrack roots, which was to include fresh music mostly from underground or independent artists. It's not that I'm a hipster or anything, I've just found that's the best way for a video game to keep their music fresh (while introducing me to new artists).

Unfortunately, as much as I loved "Shook Ones pt. II" and appreciated Kurtis Blow for instance, both of those tracks drove me insane when included in 2K, just because they'd already been overplayed, beginning nearly 20 years ago or more. Also, as others said, including current big pop hits is also rough, because those are being overplayed everywhere else as we speak, and that becomes awfully grating as well.

Lastly, is it more expensive to acquire the rights of big time pop stars (Jay-Z, U2) than to bring on lesser knowns (Illinois, Friendly Fires, MF Doom)? If that be the case, it'd be nice if that's the first place folks looked to cut costs as opposed to always going for the classic teams jugular (the old refrain of "classic player rights cost too much money - though we don't know how much - so they should be removed.")

Sidenote, instant flashback to MVP Baseball 2005.
I loved falling in love with a song from someone I've never heard of. It was like tradition for my friends and I.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2014, 04:32 PM   #6
Rookie

Let Jay-Z do it again.

Lol /sarcasm
Old 03-01-2014, 05:16 PM   #7
Rookie

Bring back the NBA Live 03 soundtrack.

Every.Single.Song.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:47 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJokester117
Let Jay-Z do it again.

Lol /sarcasm

Lol I ended up taking off half the songs from 2k13 like a week after it came out. Idk what 2k was thinking letting him choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »