Home

How's the potential/development rate in this game?

This is a discussion on How's the potential/development rate in this game? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-27-2014, 03:17 PM   #1
Pro

Bushido's Arena

OVR: 10
How's the potential/development rate in this game?

Just got the game for free yesterday, love hockey, especially building a team up through the draft (I'm looking at you Buffalo..)

If a prospect, is a 62 overall 18/19 year old, and has 4.5 or 4 yellow stars. How quickly will it take him to get up to a rate that's worthy of playing on the 2nd or 1st line (80's +)

This will let me know how much editing I'll need to do before starting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2014, 08:46 PM   #2
Pro

Bushido's Arena

Re: How's the potential/development rate in this game?

Geez, its dead around here..
Old 02-28-2014, 01:48 PM   #3
Rookie

AngelPingu's Arena

OVR: 4

It's totally random. Some players will grow really fast, and some will grow really slow, and I still have not noticed any logic that determines how fast a player grows. Well, except that it seems that the players seem to keep the same development curve in most Be A GM you start with the same roster.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:20 PM   #4
Pro

Bushido's Arena

So frustrating, Reinhart (No.1 pick) might be ready to play by year 4 -- three years after being drafted, because the development process is so slow. Connor McDavid is a 57, so it should take him 3-4 years to be NHL ready at this rate.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:00 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

If the NHL 13 development rates are anything to go by, you generally need to give players as much time in the Juniors as possible and then give them a requisite role that matches their overall. Basically, keep them as close to their "role" as possible maybe one role above or below what it mentions for them, but you can't get away with just giving a minors player 2nd or 3rd line time hoping that the major minutes played translates into an improvement in stats.

I've always found it helpful to have a Major Roster Back-Up goalie in as a starting minor league goalie. It provides a solid base for most teams to work from, keeps the AHL team winning, will go some way to getting them into the playoffs which means more playing time and more experience which usually translates into a bigger boost.

Works for me at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2014, 08:11 AM   #6
Rookie

Sorry for the double post, but just to P.S the above.

I experimented a bit with not signing guys to their Rookie Contracts until the season before I lost their rights, this way I get to keep a couple scoring/playmaking (depends on who your prospects need for foil) guys on the top 2 AHL lines who are perhaps slightly better than AHL standard. This can be a good way for young guys to get more points and pad their stats for a jump.

The same applies to putting good defensemen with prospect defensemen as well.

All backed up by a good keeper, your AHL team should be hitting the play offs every year.

With prospect goalies I have found you can put 60 - 69 OVR's in the Major rotation if you have a good defensive 6. They won't rotate in an awful lot but they will get enough to jump incrementally and you have to put the trust in your D to cover his *** so he doesn't get lit up.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:29 AM   #7
Just started!

yes, you can't get away with just giving a minors player 2nd or 3rd line time hoping that the major minutes played translates into an improvement in stats.thank you
Old 04-27-2014, 11:03 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 3

Just found this thread and trying to understand progression a little

- If I am running a Be a GM dynasty, and let the computer do everything from set my lines, and rotate my goalies, etc, will they put my rookies in a role that will help them progress to a more faster rate?

I don't understand enough about hockey to move guys down to my AHL team and when it's best to move them down/up, so I like when the computer does all that for me and I can just play the games..

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »