Home

Where are you guys starting you coaching careers at?

This is a discussion on Where are you guys starting you coaching careers at? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-27-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Where are you guys starting you coaching careers at?

I've been trying to start a career with a realistic starting point and i'm having difficulties. I wanted to see someone else's logic so i can have some ideas
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2014, 05:38 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Where are you guys starting you coaching careers at?

I started mine at Texas St. I am a OC. But, during my 1st contract I only recruit. I sim the rest. I am currently finishing my last shear of my current contract with Texas St. I only recruit players that have 1 * more prestige then the school. So far I have had fun. I only recruit within the state. Once I hit 3*'s I will then allow myself to recruit within the division that I am in. My plan is to stay within the state of Texas with the Longhorns being my final destination. I am hoping after this season I can move to another school within the state as a OC and just build up my coaching tree. I might move to another school within the state along the way till my coaching tree gets full. Once that side gets full, I will then go to a school and become a HC and build up my recruiting tree and possibly stay till Texas comes calling. I chose texas cause the state has schools spread out in so many conferences I could bounce around if I ilike.

You can call it being a "Homer". But as Tupac said, its California Love.

My Teams
NFL- San Francisco 49ers
NBA- Los Angeles Lakers
NHL- Anaheim Ducks
MLB - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
NCAA - USC
Old 02-27-2014, 10:13 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

I created a OC as well, doing the same only recruiting in Year 1, and limiting myself to 3* max players and only players from my pipeline states except after Week 8 I can scroll through and look for 1 player who has yet to have a scholarship offer and try and make a late run to sign him.

My Current dynasty I started out at New Mexico State. Year 2 I started playing offense and we won 8 games including a huge bowl win over Oklahoma. That got the HC D. Martin a new job at Middle Tennessee and me a new job as the HC at Georgia State. The Panthers had gone 2-10 the previous 2 seasons.

In Year 3 I won 10 games including my Sun Belt Championship and bowl win in the New Orleans bowl. Year 4, I moved the team to CUSA with 3 other Sun Belt teams as I did a massive realignment of teams. I went 13-1 losing only to Georgia in Week 1, and beat rival Georgia Tech in the Sugar Bowl (I gave CUSA a auto did to the Sugar, he American a auto bid to the Orange and the MWC the auto bid to the Fiesta.

I am currently in Year 5 and my Senior heavy team (25 of my 70 players) have currently knocked off #25 Vanderbilt, #17 Georgia Tech and Georgia to open the year 3-0 and move into the Top-25 and now I just beat UTEP in my first CUSA matchup of the season to start 4-0. I am now ranked #13.

If I can finish winning CUSA and depending on how I do in the Sugar Bowl or possible National Championship? I plan to move GSU to the SEC. Question is will my coach be going with them.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:47 PM   #4
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

Something i am doing for my new dynasty is googling and random number generator, then setting the min to 1 and the max to 124. Whatever number it generates, that is the team i use (going in alphabetical order, the 90th team)
then i set the generator to select from 1-3. This will determine whether i start out as a 1)HC 2)OC 3)DC.
I got 3. So i will start as a DC at Stanford.

EDIT******* Whoops, just realized there are 126 NOT 124 teams lol. Re did the random drawing and got 39 and 3. So i will be a DC for Indiana.

Last edited by soonermagic88; 02-28-2014 at 12:09 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:55 AM   #5
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

OVR: 3

Clemson because its my favorite team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2014, 12:45 PM   #6
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

Started as the head coach of the school I attend (created a cupcake teambuilder team), stayed there four years going 28-22, then got offered the HC job at South Carolina after going 12-1 in my fourth year
Old 03-03-2014, 10:11 AM   #7
Rookie

TarHeelbred33's Arena

OVR: 1

Didn't get into an offline dynasty until recently after playing around with buffeye's sliders. I am starting off as DC of Navy. Will probably move on to a small school to take a HC position and then work my way up to a BCS school
Old 03-03-2014, 01:22 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Started as OC of Fresno State. Looking to remain OC until I get HC job at 5/6 star school. Finished first year 11-3 winning bowl game. Ohio State OC left for HC job I got offered and ran. They don't bring back as much talent as I thought but looking forward to next few years in this offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »