Home

Improvements to manager mode?

This is a discussion on Improvements to manager mode? within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-26-2014, 11:48 PM   #1
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
Improvements to manager mode?

What would you do to improve manager mode? I would love to have a Jr squad or be able to play my youth squad games. With so much room on the disc now, they could expand the Youth academy rosters and let us play those games and then have the players progress through playing that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2014, 05:13 AM   #2
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Improvements to manager mode?

Firings: On/Off
Old 02-27-2014, 07:43 AM   #3
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

The ability to see the opposing team sheet before the match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2014, 11:49 AM   #4
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
The ability to see the opposing team sheet before the match
It's not ideal, but if you go into Man Marking under Team Management in the pre-match menu, you can at least see your opponent's starters and formation. I think you can access player ratings from there as well (it displays OVR) by bringing up the player profile.
Old 02-27-2014, 03:55 PM   #5
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

All good suggestions. I love the news stories, and would love to continue to see that expand. Would absolutely enjoy to see the other leagues top goal scorers, as I believe you can only see the tables. League records for teams and players would be AMAZING, as well as more of an emphasis on team grudge matches.

It'd also be great if they didnt talk about players theyre surprised to see in the lineup every single game. This is so old already. They need to fix form also. 95% of the players that play have good form on my team. The one sthat dont have good form, dont have bad form. So strange.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2014, 09:38 AM   #6
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

About using man marking to see your opponent's lineup pre-match... I tried to do that last night and all I saw were positions with blanks where the names & ratings should be. I'm fairly certain I used this before on NG, and I know it worked on 360/PS3, so I don't know if it was a one-off bug or what. Guess I'll try it next time I play.

Being able to see player stats from previous seasons would be great, even if it was only for your club(s). I think some of the old WE games on PS2 allowed you to scroll through player stats by seasons. It was cool to see how your team changed over the years, when players had big seasons, etc.

Last edited by Qb; 02-28-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #7
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm going to do an article on this exact topic for FIFA Soccer Blog shortly, I just want to get through the winter transfer window before I do. That way I have three transfer windows under my belt in my CM. I want to see how the CPU spends it's money, if the big clubs continually add, or if they remain stagnant. Has anyone played through 5 seasons or more? How does the CPU fare over time?
Old 03-02-2014, 09:07 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Simple Improvement that I think would make the game so much better.

I'm tired of when wanting to make a substitution, needing to go to main menu, manage squad, and then make changes, then exit out. Often i think about making sub but only have 10 min left so i think what the hell, and not mess with taking the time to make the change

It would be nice to simply be able to pause game and instantly bring up sub screen, make a change, and right back to game. Something even to effect that the player you are controlling when you pause is already designated as the guy to be replaced.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »