Home

Can't get past updating new content screen

This is a discussion on Can't get past updating new content screen within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-25-2014, 04:53 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can't get past updating new content screen

So I got nba 2k14 for the 360 today, popped it in & it had me dl the newest update, but it won't move past the opening "updating new content" screen. I saw on their form were it said delete from storage all nba stuff & cache system so I did that, turned off/on the console tried it again & still nothing! I can play offline if I don't want to do the DL but what fun is that?

Has anybody else had this issue & if so how do you get past it!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2014, 06:43 PM   #2
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Can't get past updating new content screen

I Have this issue too on ps3
i have tried deleting everything game files save files i can play offline but not on since feb 6
Old 02-25-2014, 07:03 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan7160
So I got nba 2k14 for the 360 today, popped it in & it had me dl the newest update, but it won't move past the opening "updating new content" screen. I saw on their form were it said delete from storage all nba stuff & cache system so I did that, turned off/on the console tried it again & still nothing! I can play offline if I don't want to do the DL but what fun is that?

I would let it sit. It took me and my friends between 10-20 minutes for that part when we got the game a week and a half ago. We thought something was broke but after letting it sit for a long time it finally moved past that part and didn't take that long again.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:37 PM   #4
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
I would let it sit. It took me and my friends between 10-20 minutes for that part when we got the game a week and a half ago. We thought something was broke but after letting it sit for a long time it finally moved past that part and didn't take that long again.
thanks 1 time i waited like 8 min but i did not want my ps3 to overheat or damaged it

i also watch the whole intro video every time because i did some research on this and a guy on YouTube said it helps
Old 02-26-2014, 07:28 PM   #5
Rookie

Just boot up the game while you're disconnected from the internet. Once you're on the home screen, you know where it says nba today and mycareer, go ahead and plug your internet cable back in. Problem solved.

If you're wireless i suppose you could just switch the router off until you're on the home screen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2014, 07:31 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
thanks 1 time i waited like 8 min but i did not want my ps3 to overheat or damaged it

i also watch the whole intro video every time because i did some research on this and a guy on YouTube said it helps
Lol i frantically press start once the intro video starts hoping that just once i wouldn't have to listen to a 6'8 athletic freak telling me that basketball isn't easy. I can't stand it.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:03 AM   #7
Rookie

Old 02-27-2014, 08:06 AM   #8
Rookie

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »