Home

MLB14 Opening Day and Australia

This is a discussion on MLB14 Opening Day and Australia within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 2
MLB14 Opening Day and Australia

Not that it matters that much since the PS3 version of MLB 14 The Show won't be released until April 1st (I am sure a lot of folks will be skipping Spring Training in the game and jumping into the deep end with their seasons ASAP), but does anyone know how SCEA plans to handle Opening Day between the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks in Australia one week prior to the end of Spring Training for all the other teams? I am less curious about whether or not an Australian venue will be included in the game (I suspect there won't be one) but more curious about how the Calendar would be handled. Typically all the teams end Spring Training roughly at the same time and start the Regular Season at roughly the same time. But in the real world this year, the Dodgers and Diamondbacks start their Regular Season one week prior to the end of Spring Training. Perhaps in the game the Dodgers and Diamondbacks will just start on the same day as everyone else on the 31st. Anyone know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2014, 03:26 PM   #2
Pro

ralphieboy11's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB14 Opening Day and Australia

In MLB12 the Mariners and Athletics played 2 real games early in Japan like these ones in Australia. The Show put those games in Oakland at the beginning of the regular season. I would imagine something similar would happen here but it will interesting to see how they do it.

The Dodgers are playing the Opening Night ESPN Sunday game in San Diego on the 30th. They then have a day off and play two more in SD. So there's not really a good opening to fit those Dbacks games into.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:25 PM   #3
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Why can't they just leave the games here instead of traveling half way around the world to Australia? Are the Aussie's really clamoring that bad for an MLB game? Same goes for the NFL and the London games.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 02-24-2014, 05:40 PM   #4
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

The games will just be played at whoever the "home team" is.
Even though its in Australia there is a team designated as the home and away team.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:26 PM   #5
Pro

ralphieboy11's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
Even though its in Australia there is a team designated as the home and away team.
It's not about where the games will be played in the Show, it's more about when. Like the OP said, these games are taking place in real life while other teams are still in spring training. Usually the Show gives you a chance to skip all of spring training. How will it handle the Dodgers and Dbacks in this case?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2014, 07:03 PM   #6
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan23
Why can't they just leave the games here instead of traveling half way around the world to Australia? Are the Aussie's really clamoring that bad for an MLB game? Same goes for the NFL and the London games.
Considering they sell out, I would say so.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:21 PM   #7
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
Yep they did the same for Seattle and Oakland when in Japan 2 years ago

It's funny with the opener being down here in Australia the Show still never gets a Australia release I think it's about damm time it is, I am sick of having to seach around and import the game and having to wait longer for shipping
Old 02-24-2014, 10:33 PM   #8
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphieboy11
It's not about where the games will be played in the Show, it's more about when. Like the OP said, these games are taking place in real life while other teams are still in spring training. Usually the Show gives you a chance to skip all of spring training. How will it handle the Dodgers and Dbacks in this case?
Great question. Not to mention the complex roster rules that are being used for the series will reek havoc on the games roster management A.I.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »