Home

MLB the show 14 digital download ?

This is a discussion on MLB the show 14 digital download ? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-22-2014, 01:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
MLB the show 14 digital download ?

Will the MLB the show 14 be available on release date to download on the ps3 ????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2014, 02:02 PM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB the show 14 digital download ?

I'm thinking yes for both PS3 and the4.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-22-2014, 06:07 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmorning
Will the MLB the show 14 be available on release date to download on the ps3 ????
Yes, it'll be available digitally on both PS3 and 4, (I'm actually one of the people waiting for it to drop on the PS4 PSN so I can confirm my pre-order... (BUT again, it'll wait until it's done and rated before any of that stuffs.. I'm thinking 4 weeks).
Old 02-22-2014, 11:39 PM   #4
Banned

It's usually around a month(ish) (I THINK) from the time a game is finished then rated until release... so I'm checking the ESRB site occasionally to see when this is.. If it becomes April and it's still not there.. there's room to panic.. I'm hoping to see the rating official by mid March to early April. (but I'd be pleasantly surprised if it's there by early March). The way I kinda see it, is SCEA is just saying "May" for a PS4 release date because they're giving themselves leeway with the date, but the game is in the final parts of code freeze and has already entered beta. They'll spend the next I'd say 4 or so weeks in beta then enter the code release stage around March 20ish to April 15ish, then by April 20ish they'll be in gold master stage (the "going gold" comment I made somewhere in these forums). For reference on what these terms mean... (oh and these time frames are for the PS4 version, PS3 version's already gone gold and is in process of mass production)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_g...Pre-production

Last edited by A_Quiet_Pro; 02-23-2014 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:33 AM   #5
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

Wondering this too because I am getting it digital on PS3 (seeing will only have it for 2 months) when does the PS store get updated?? midnight?

trying to work out what would be quicker the mail where it would be a extra day or digital where sometimes the PS store is slow updating!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2014, 08:05 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
Wondering this too because I am getting it digital on PS3 (seeing will only have it for 2 months) when does the PS store get updated?? midnight?

trying to work out what would be quicker the mail where it would be a extra day or digital where sometimes the PS store is slow updating!
I'm doing mine digital, because i know it'll be there on release. (a game like the show, it'll go up before launch as a pre-order, and unlock when its available). this way i can download it at midnight and it'll be ready to go by 4 or 5, instead of waiting to get it from a store or shipped to me, THEN waiting more for install.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:24 PM   #7
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I'm doing mine digital, because i know it'll be there on release. (a game like the show, it'll go up before launch as a pre-order, and unlock when its available). this way i can download it at midnight and it'll be ready to go by 4 or 5, instead of waiting to get it from a store or shipped to me, THEN waiting more for install.
when does it normally go up before launce as a pre order? nothing up there yet for PS3
Old 02-23-2014, 04:36 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
when does it normally go up before launce as a pre order? nothing up there yet for PS3
That I dont know, i'm waiting for it. I dont know when 13 went up bc I got 13 as a disc, sooooo. But i'm getting 14 as a digital, as you can read a few posts up of mine, they're not done with the game. I'm thinking they will be soon. After they finish it and submit it to the esrb for rating, THEN it'll go up as a pre-order. I dont think they can put it up for digital pre-order before it gets reviewed by esrb, but again this doesn't explain the PS3 version since that's already been completed and rated by the esrb. sooooo... idk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »