Home

Appreciation Thread

This is a discussion on Appreciation Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-19-2014, 03:07 AM   #1
Rookie

Dodgersnlakers109's Arena

OVR: 2
Appreciation Thread

I just wanted to take the time out & say thanks. Thanks to Russell, Knight, Steve OS and all SCEA & Roster guys(forgive me if I missed you I'm not on here enough to know everyone) and everyone else who comes on these boards just to try to make the game better. I mean we're constantly *****ing and moaning about the game needs this needs that when this game is already the best sports game out IMO. What other game really cares that much? seriously these guys are on here almost daily just getting feedback trying to please as many people as they can which is impossible... But I just wanted to say you guys just keep doing your thing because it is appreciated by some of us. Feel free to show these dudes some love.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2014, 10:22 AM   #2
R**k**

vinny_b's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Appreciation Thread

I second that, DodgersnLakers. Props for mentioning Steve Noah, as well.

A few years ago, I posted the following on a different website. This paragraph remains true today, and represents my 'Thank You' to SCEA:

"MLB The Show/SCEA San Diego

Human nature is to take matters for granted. To prohibit hardball fans of falling into this vice, all vidgamers have to do is reflect on 1998-2003. These were the baseball dark years for console owners. A time when gamers anually pinned their false hopes on WSB Sega Dreamcast (one of the system's few sore spots), EA's pathetic offerings, and others. 3DO's High Heat while legendary, had graphics belonging on an 8-bit system. The point is, gamers now have the baseball title/franchise they had dreamed of. Let us be thankful. Being a follower of the vidgame industry for 12 years, I've known no developer more dedicated in the sports genre, than the team at SCEA San Diego. They are like a cross between Edinburgh's Rockstar North and Sega's Visual Concepts (in the early part of this decade). Tirelessly striving to meet requests of its fanbase, by implementing loads of features/improvments/innovations on an annual basis. What do i ask from SCEA SD in 2010? For them to keep doing exactly what they've been doing. This franchise is simply too good to be true. Its fans look forward to what MLB 2010 The Show and beyond, will bring"

thank you,
Mr. Bova (aka vinny-b)
August 26, 2009

___

Last edited by vinny_b; 02-19-2014 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:31 PM   #3
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Very well stated. I don't post a bunch on The Show forum but it is easily my favorite game. I'll share the story that made me realize just how great the devs and our fellow community members are. It was during the community week when they were working on MLB 12. I believe it was TheSlab in charge of the Stadium suggestions that year but I could be wrong and I apologize if I am wrong. Anyway I suggested that the huge "Players Trust" sign above the Bud Light deck in LF at Target Field should be changed to something with the letter style of Bud Light. Sure enough TheSlab messaged me back like a few hours later saying that he told the developers and they will work on changing the sign to "Minnesota" in Bud Light script. I was in awe at the quick response and the sheer fact that these developers were basically making on the spot changes for us. That's the type of stuff that just shows the developers do care.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 02-19-2014, 01:28 PM   #4
Rookie

Dodgersnlakers109's Arena

OVR: 2

Just wanted to give credit when its due. I'm also guilty if complaining about some things on here just didn't want them to think their work goes unnoticed.

Last edited by Dodgersnlakers109; 02-19-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:48 AM   #5
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0

Like the thread, I'd also like to give praise, Ill be the first one here to bravely say I ride this Team pretty hard on the odd things they don't include or have, however it is all because I know there is a chance that my request maybe met. If I can find things that may benefit the product I try to be heard, I never blindly love anything, like some people seem to around here but at the end of the day I am very grateful for this glorious series, despite some of my criticisms

Thank you again
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »