Home

Crowd animations?

This is a discussion on Crowd animations? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-15-2014, 08:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Crowd animations?

From everything i've seen the crowds look great, but one thing that has always bugged me is that the crowds don't react appropriately to what's happening on the field the same way they do in FIFA, for example.

Granted, FIFA is probably the best example of this. But it would be nice to see fans get more excited as big hits happen with men on base, home runs, critical pitch counts late in the game, etc. in a realistic way.

Does anyone know if anything has been reported about this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2014, 10:46 AM   #2
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Re: Crowd animations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTrox84
From everything i've seen the crowds look great, but one thing that has always bugged me is that the crowds don't react appropriately to what's happening on the field the same way they do in FIFA, for example.

Granted, FIFA is probably the best example of this. But it would be nice to see fans get more excited as big hits happen with men on base, home runs, critical pitch counts late in the game, etc. in a realistic way.

Does anyone know if anything has been reported about this?
Great question for sure.

I think this has been brought up a lot over the years here. I wonder myself if the crowd AI has been greatly improved over the PS3 versions. I know it's already been confirmed that All of the crowd audio and chants have been re-recorded in High Quality but I don't think that would have anything to do with how the crowd reacts to the on field action. But no doubt the crowd reaction AI needs major improvement over what's been done on the PS3. I am sure there are others here that can explain a lot better then me on what needs to be improved on.

Last edited by tnixen; 02-15-2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #3
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

The crowds in general will look better, apparently will have an upgrade to the point that every fan will look as sharp as the PLAYERS in the PS3 version. Also mentioned they WILL pick up balls down the line, catch foul balls as well. Im just hoping the towels during playoff games actually work and do the chopper motion instead of looking like a bunch of people looking like its vibrating out of there hands lol
Also there will be signs held up by fans
Old 02-15-2014, 02:35 PM   #4
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
The crowds in general will look better, apparently will have an upgrade to the point that every fan will look as sharp as the PLAYERS in the PS3 version. Also mentioned they WILL pick up balls down the line, catch foul balls as well. Im just hoping the towels during playoff games actually work and do the chopper motion instead of looking like a bunch of people looking like its vibrating out of there hands lol
Also there will be signs held up by fans
Yea I always thought the towel waving during playoff games looked kind of awkward too. I love that the crowd does it but I wish it looked a lot better then it currently does.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #5
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Yea I always thought the towel waving during playoff games looked kind of awkward too. I love that the crowd does it but I wish it looked a lot better then it currently does.
That always annoyed me:P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2014, 08:24 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

One thing I always hated and don't understand is the crowd behavior directly behind homeplate. SCEA has the crowd standing, waving arms, etc like it is a HR celebration even when there is nothing going on and you are just working a batter. It is not contextual, meaning they are always cheering as if it is bottom of ninth with 2 strikes on the batter.

IRL, people just sit and watch and then when something happens they may stand and cheer...but not on every pitch. I hope this gets some attention.

C
Old 02-16-2014, 09:46 AM   #7
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
One thing I always hated and don't understand is the crowd behavior directly behind homeplate. SCEA has the crowd standing, waving arms, etc like it is a HR celebration even when there is nothing going on and you are just working a batter. It is not contextual, meaning they are always cheering as if it is bottom of ninth with 2 strikes on the batter.

IRL, people just sit and watch and then when something happens they may stand and cheer...but not on every pitch. I hope this gets some attention.

C
Maybe they seem themselves on the big screen and are acting like fools.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »