Home

Dynasty Save to mirror the real 2013 season (in progress)

This is a discussion on Dynasty Save to mirror the real 2013 season (in progress) within the NCAA Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-14-2014, 07:19 PM   #1
Rookie

renegade28's Arena

OVR: 2
Dynasty Save to mirror the real 2013 season (XBOX 360 and PS3 in progress)

Seeing how we are not currently getting a new game this summer, I have started a project to create a dynasty save that when simulated will mirror the real 2013 season and allow the player to start their dynasty at the 2014 season.

I am very early in the process, but have managed (using the various editors and some hex editing) to get the actual 2013 schedule into the game. It includes USC and Colorado State's 13th regular season game among other changes.

My next step is to start simulating seasons using this edited schedule to check for freezes and errors.

I wanted to put up a thread now to check interest in this project. Also, I will likely need some help with the various tasks even though I am automating as much as possible. I am using the awesome College Football Data File found at www.cfbstats.com to help me in getting actual (results, game stats, player stats, etc.) into the game.

My end goal is to have dynasty saves available after each step with the final one being in the Preseason stage of the 2014 season. This will allow you guys to pick a file and start your dynasty anywhere you want along the way.

All that being said, here's the preliminary list of what I want to accomplish and the first file with the schedule done:

Preseason
Actual 2013 Schedule: XBOX360: dynasty-schedule - PS3: dynasty-schedule (Thanks to Arrowhead29)
Record Books
Redshirts
Pre-Season Polls
All 2013 Recruits 3 stars and above included
Coach Job Security updated to reflect real-life hirings and firings

Regular Season
Game-by-Game results
Injury Updates
Week-by-Week recruit commitments

Post Season
All Bowl results
Medical Redshirts

Off Season
Coaching Changes
Players leaving
Transfers
Recruits signings

2014 Preseason
2014 Schedule

That's what I am looking to do so far. Again, this is just a preliminary list. I'm open to any suggestions.

So, grab the first file and see what you think. Let me know if you see any obvious errors in the schedule, and more to come soon, I hope.

Last edited by renegade28; 03-05-2014 at 01:00 PM. Reason: added link for PS3 version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2014, 01:57 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Dynasty Save to mirror the real 2013 season (in progress)

Its a great idea. I did the same for my LSU dynasty, I worked it so that it would mirror LSU's 2013 season and organized all the SEC recruits and rosters. But then I played the first game against Wisconsin and then couldn't advance to week 2 because it would freeze everytime. I tried saving the template 2014 file over and starting the season over and it happened with every file. So it would be awesome if you could get a file with all this stuff and have it not freeze or glitch!
Old 02-19-2014, 09:30 AM   #3
Rookie

renegade28's Arena

Alright, I simulated the season with the new corrected schedule and didn't have any problems or freezing. So now on to the record books.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:11 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is a great idea
Old 02-24-2014, 12:47 AM   #5
Pro

Arrowhead29's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm confused about how to get this file onto my PS3 so I can start a dynasty with it or even attempt to edit it with the editor. When I download it, it is just one file called "DYNASTY-PROSCHDFXD" and the file type is "File."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2014, 01:01 PM   #6
Rookie

renegade28's Arena

Thanks to Arrowhead29, a link in the first post for a PS3 version of this file is available. All future versions will be posted for both consoles.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:07 PM   #7
Rookie

renegade28's Arena

Also, the NCAA record book is almost done and I will be posting it soon.

As for the individual team record books, I will need some help if we want all them to be correct. If there is an interest in helping to get them done, I will post an excel file that will allow whoever wants to help to enter whatever teams they wish to do and send it back to me. When a team is done, I will include it in the files.

Next up is redshirts and pre-season polls which should not be too time-consuming.

Then the big job of getting all the recruits in there.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:33 PM   #8
Rookie

trashman's Arena

How do you import a roster into the second season of the Dynasty file? Each time I try the file ends up corrupted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Rosters »