Home

NCAA 2k14 Roster (PS3)

This is a discussion on NCAA 2k14 Roster (PS3) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-10-2014, 01:21 PM   #1
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24
NCAA 2k14 Roster *UPDATED* (PS3)

Alright, here is what I have ended up doing for this little project. Changed things, but expanded as well.

I was having yet another glitch with the created teams where now I could only have 9 teams. If I had 10 or more, the courts would get messed up and players names would be *********. Not sure what is going on there, but either way something had to be done. So, I am now making 2 different NCAA 14 roster files with 9 teams in them each. These will be up tomorrow.

Here are the teams included...

NCAA Roster A

Wichita State
Syracuse
Kansas
Duke
Kentucky
Michigan State
North Carolina
Ohio State
Oklahoma

NCAA Roster B

Florida
Arizona
Louisville
Cincinnati
San Diego State
Wisconsin
Iowa State
Memphis
Michigan

***I did NOT create these teams/players. Nor did I edit anything about them. Not appearance, accessories, or sig shots.***

Things that I DID edit in these files are...

-Team Colors: I made all the colors for the teams more accurate to their actual shades and tones. 2k has some bright Easter egg colors, especially with UNC...so I tried to make them as accurate, and realistic looking as possible.

-Team Courts: All team courts will be one color, representing as closely to their actual 'paint color', on their actual court.

-Team Logos: I made all the team logos letters. Not a fan of the animal logos or anything like that. Plus I think these look way better at half court.

-Team Jerseys: I went through and made the jerseys match as close as I possibly could, given the options in the 2k editing suite. Since I couldn't get it exactly perfect, I tried to use as many different jersey combinations as possible, so there aren't 2 jerseys that look exactly alike.

Other than what I just mentioned above, all I did was create a compilation of Create-A-Teams from around 2k Share and put them into two roster files.

Using These Teams In A Season

If you try and plug these teams into a Season mode, they will have glitched team records in some way at some point. First game of the year teams could have a record of 33-21. Personally I find this very annoying, and pretty much a deal breaker for me.

So what I am doing is creating a system, as easy as it could possibly be, to make a User Governed league of NCAA Basketball where I make a schedule and keep standings on my own, not in the game. As of right now I pretty much have this figured out, I just have to get all my thoughts in order, and the guidelines for the NCAA U.G.L. (User Governed League) will be posted here with the 2k Share link for the two rosters.

These guidelines will employ principals from my Dynamic Difficulty approach at 2k14. Check out the link below for the thread going into detail about Dynamic Difficulty For NBA 2k14

SO. At the end of the day, I am going to provide 18 NCAA teams with 2013-14 Rosters and an easy way to play with them through a custom offline league. I don't know if anyone else will use it the way I am, but for me...College Basketball is back.

Last edited by dukebeatsuncagain; 02-25-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 01:23 PM   #2
Banned

Re: NCAA 2k14 Roster (PS3)

I should have something up on 2kshare by the weekend, at the most.

I am also going to formulate a User Governed way to operate within a league, over multiple seasons with these NCAA teams.

All a work in progress.
Old 02-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #3
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9

Been doing a lot of stuff like this lately with our Legacy Project so feel free to PM me if you have questions about jerseys and arenas...I JUST about have it figured out...lol
Old 02-10-2014, 09:46 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
Been doing a lot of stuff like this lately with our Legacy Project so feel free to PM me if you have questions about jerseys and arenas...I JUST about have it figured out...lol
Yea, I'm going to leave all that technical stuff to you guys. Haha. This is just a little something working within the Create-A-Team and Player suites in the game, with 2014 rosters.

Last edited by dukebeatsuncagain; 02-10-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:54 PM   #5
Banned

Most of these teams uploaded to 2kshare are awful, but I am finding some good ones. And suprisingly, when testing them in game, the arena announcer says a lot of their names. Some are pronounced off, like Tyler Eeeeenis, but Duke's roster has a ton that he says...Parker, Rasheed Sulaimon, Quin Cook, and more. Pretty sick.

Like I said, slim pickin's out there, but here the top 12 I have found so far and am working with...so far...

Duke
Syracuse
Kentucky
Kansas
Wichita State
San Diego State
Florida
Michigan State
Michigan
Louisville
Wisconsin
Ohio State

I really want Arizona and Villanova, but can't find anything out there. I will probably just attempt to create them, unless someone else wants to help out.
UMass would be cool too.

Also...I am finding that if trying to run a season, created teams make it glitch out. In a 14 game season teams had records of 11-7, 16-11, and in one sim-thru, 44-33. So in a season, it looks like the only way to actually see the real records is to go to the standings, look at home and away records, and add them up. It isn't going to be perfect, not even close, but it will be something like a College Basketball season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Not sure if anyone cares, but I was planning on making Purdue University this weekend. Have half the team done so far but trying to make there tendencies very similar to life.

Also, I had ambitions of creating a league of college teams for some time. Glad to see others on board. I put together a way to play a franchise that would be pretty cool with college teams and players. Ill post more on that tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:22 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallfrie09
Not sure if anyone cares, but I was planning on making Purdue University this weekend. Have half the team done so far but trying to make there tendencies very similar to life.

Also, I had ambitions of creating a league of college teams for some time. Glad to see others on board. I put together a way to play a franchise that would be pretty cool with college teams and players. Ill post more on that tomorrow.
Much care'age. The more good teams the better. If there was a way to work out a franchise type way it would be great.

My basic idea was a Season mode with the 12 teams in one conference with 3 'dummy teams' of bad players and sure wins, then a best of one playoffs where the Conference Finals = National Championship game. Then something like each team gets a created freshman at the end of the year. Rating determined by a randomly generated number from 60-99, then the lowest rated player on the team gets cut.

Something like that I guess is what I was thinking originally. Still going to do a bit more brainstorming on it. I would like to figure out a system for players leaving too. Maybe another random number determining how many years a player will play. Then depending on how many good freshman they get, teams could really improve and get worse. Again, just a thought.

Last edited by dukebeatsuncagain; 02-11-2014 at 12:25 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:09 PM   #8
Banned

Almost done. Found some good ones with decent variation between players and relativity similar likenesses. Some have cyberfaces. Not too many, but there are some in there.

I found some good color and jersey combos and have them pretty good. All the courts will be one solid color, representing the teams actual court, or as close as it can be.

The first 'final' list looks like it will be:

Duke
Syracuse
Kentucky
Kansas
Wichita State
San Diego State
North Carolina
Michigan State
Michigan
Louisville
Oklahoma State
Ohio State

These won't be perfect, but they will be 12 top NCAA teams with 2014 rosters you can DL and get some games in with. You will still have to fine tune rotations if you feel the need.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »