Home

Petition 2K

This is a discussion on Petition 2K within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-09-2014, 01:15 PM   #1
Pro

rgp913's Arena

OVR: 8
Petition 2K

Everyone- I know that I am not the only frustrated one who wishes they could use injured players in quick games and still have access to Allstar teams, uniforms, added players and special uniforms, such as Christmas and Alternate jerseys.

I would like to load up a quick game btwn Lakers and Thunder and be able to use Kobe/Westbrook but cannot unless I use the rosters from November; in which case I lose out on all jerseys, etc.

My proposal is simple. We all tweet 2k and request them to release one roster update for all-star break that has all the injuries disabled. After that, they can go back their normal roster up****** ways.

Just one, clean roster without injuries to give all the fans who don't like the current system but want the special add-on features that were included in later roster updates: All-Star jerseys, courts and teams. Missing players not included in game. Missing alternate and special jerseys. It is really not a big ask, and I would think if enough people voiced this desire they would listen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2014, 01:30 PM   #2
Rookie

SavoyPrime's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Petition 2K

The bad thing is, you will never get enough people to support your cause. Look at the divide between people keeping it real and saying that next-gen 2K14 is a technical mess and those riding 2K's d*** and saying it is the greatest game ever. 2K seems to be having a hard enough time making patches that don't break next-gen 2K14 any further while current-gen 2K14 players (who outnumber the next-gen 2K14 owners) haven't even got one patch yet. As many requests as people have made for them to fix on-going issues/problems that still haven't been addressed, I don't see this getting done.
Old 02-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

2K has ignored us all year!

I would do this but I don't have a twitter account. I also don't think they would do it.

The best way to petition 2K is to not buy 2K15 unless they meet most of our requirements.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:22 PM   #4
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2

good luck.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:55 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 4

Consumers are the problem right along with 2K because they have become stan's. You can be a fan of a game franchise, but when you become one to the point of ignoring glaring issues, you become part of the problem. Like keshunleon said. Best way to petition is with your wallet. Personally. If they leave this game as it is, i won't buy another iteration of the 2K basketball franchise until they release one that addresses all these issues. Then they will be worth 60 of my hard earned dollars. Because, for one, stop putting out half done games. I don't wish to pay 60 bucks for a game thats broken on arrival. Two, if these are different games why do all of them have the same issues year after year!? wack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #6
Rookie

SavoyPrime's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
The best way to petition 2K is to not buy 2K15 unless they meet most of our requirements.
Candidate for post of the year so far right here.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:38 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgp913
Everyone- I know that I am not the only frustrated one who wishes they could use injured players in quick games and still have access to Allstar teams, uniforms, added players and special uniforms, such as Christmas and Alternate jerseys.

I would like to load up a quick game btwn Lakers and Thunder and be able to use Kobe/Westbrook but cannot unless I use the rosters from November; in which case I lose out on all jerseys, etc.

My proposal is simple. We all tweet 2k and request them to release one roster update for all-star break that has all the injuries disabled. After that, they can go back their normal roster up****** ways.

Just one, clean roster without injuries to give all the fans who don't like the current system but want the special add-on features that were included in later roster updates: All-Star jerseys, courts and teams. Missing players not included in game. Missing alternate and special jerseys. It is really not a big ask, and I would think if enough people voiced this desire they would listen.
I was so frustrated with this game at launch I begrudgingly set it aside after a couple days telling myself that I'd pick it up again after a few patches. Well, after patch #4 this game is still just about as broken as I remember it at launch. Now I have this fun little issue where the sound cuts out too.

Fully agree with your petition idea, although I think we should add in the ability to turn injuries "on" or "off" for Quick Games *and* MyGM "association" or Single season. It's completely ridiculous that you can't choose to start a new season by assigning guys on various teams to the injured reserve. The CPU auto-corrects and moves players back onto the active roster. Moving guys to the IR to keep them from playing is a simple feature that has been on nearly every sports game I can think of going back to the Sega Genesis.

Even after 4 patches next gen 2k14 feels rushed and unfinished. I'm going to give it one more month and hold out hope for a patch to fix some of the bigger issues. If it doesn't come I'm going to send it back to Amazon and demand a refund & cross my fingers 2k15 is what this game should have been.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:12 PM   #8
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Or at least make the uniforms and other newly added things available to older rosters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »