Home

New League, Name TBD

This is a discussion on New League, Name TBD within the Madden NFL Football Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-08-2014, 01:37 PM   #1
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

OVR: 23
New League, Name TBD

This is a PS4 league.

Ok guys, I made up my mind and I will start a league once we have good amount of owners. I believe we have about 16 reliable owners joining once started but I'd like to see the interest level and how many owners we will have to start with.
Introduction

TBD

NFL CBA 2011-2020
(We will do our best to replicate the agreement. However we will still balance things out between real life and the game.)

League Commissioners
Blue Ninja and TBD

Respect your opponent, league and the game.

League Settings
Difficulty/Quarter Length
Difficulty-All-Pro
Quarter Length-12minutes, 15sec minimum play clock

Sliders-TBD

Scheduling

Section 1.Forum Activity: [b]72 hours advance each week.

Section 2. Scheduling Methods:Teams are expected to use the Weekly Scheduling Thread on OS to schedule their games with opponents.Users can use other means to schedule their games only if both teams are aware and certain that the game will be played. No team should expect another team to contact by any other way but by posting on scheduling thread. One of the teams is still expected to post the game time that has been agreed upon on scheduling thread. 24 hours to post availability, 48 hours to schedule and 72 hours to play the game upon each advance.

Section 3. Reliability: If an owner does not show for the scheduled game time, he will be put on auto pilot so the opponent can play the CPU if needed. No show on the scheduled game is disrespectful. We all have lives and should respect each other's time. No one deserves to be stood up and disrespected.Accidents do happen but should not happen too often and continuous violation will certainly result in removal from the league

Section 4. Absent Notice: We understand that we all have lives. Just make sure to let us in advance so we know what is going on and will reserve your team. Failing to do so may result in being kicked from the league.

Gameplay

Section 1. Sim Playing Style:If it's not seen on Sundays, whatever it might be, it will most likely not be allowed in 4th and 1. Also we most definitely do not allow any exploits of AI and such, and possibly some plays if it is unrealistically effective and there's no reasonable counter for it.

Section 2. No Switch: 4th and 1 is a sim style no switch league. Players are not allowed to switch players defensively or offensively to user pick/catch on pass plays while the ball is in the air, but are allowed to user pick or make plays with a player they were in control pre-snap. Any defenders can be manually re-positioned within realism to help disguise defensive coverage except DLs or rush LBs. Of course no creating nanos or exploits.

Section 3. Zig Zag Running/Quick snapping:No Zig-Zag running to take advantage of A.I's poor pursuit ability. No quick snapping before defense is set as it is too easy for offense to take advantage of this.

Section 4. Play Calling: Calling the same exact play from the same exact formation is an exploit. Vary your play calling. How so? It is because it takes advantage of CPU defenders' very poor compared to real life play recognition skill. Of course, this exploit will not be tolerated in this league and violators will be given disciplinary actions.

Section 5. Positional Substitution:R3 sub is allowed. Unless we find something that's not reasonable. However R1 manual sub is only allowed between players from the same position.

Section 6. Interchangeable PositionsNew: No player is allowed to be put on depth chart that is not his designated position.

However there are exceptions to this rule. See the link below.
TBD

Section 7. No huddle OffenseNew: Only when the game is tied or you are losing, you may run no-huddle "IF" the opposing defense came out with less or more corners than WRs so you can quickly pass or run against it. You must only run no-huddle after completion or a successful run and you must not run no-huddle back to back.

Section 8. Forfeit:4th and 1 will absolutely not tolerate quitting on an opponent. You quit on your opponent, you quit on 4th and 1 league.

Section 9. Gameplay Complaints: You should assume your opponent is following the rules above in good faith. If you feel strongly that an opponent is breaking a rule, you can pause the game and send a PSN message to your opponent about it. Example: your opponent is breaking the no-switch rule. You pause the game to remind him of the rule. That said, you should not make a habit of pausing the game, as it disrupts the flow of the game and you can always lodge a complaint after the game is over. For example, you do not need to pause the game to question an opponent's fourth down attempt. If you feel a fourth down attempt is inappropriate, make a note of it and raise the issue after the game. Complaints should be addressed to the co-commish responsible for handling gameplay complaints. The complaint should NOT be posted about publicly in the forum or AIM. If the co-commish feels that a gameplay complaint has raised an issue that should be discussed with the league as a whole, the co-commish will proceed accordingly.
No retaliation. If you feel your opponent is breaking a rule, you should not retaliate by breaking rules yourself.
No whining. Frequent whining about alleged gameplay violations is just as disruptive and unsportsmanlike to a league as violations themselves. Whiners and violators will both be removed from the league if necessary.

Section 9. 4th down rulesNew: 1st - 3rd quarter, you may only go for it when the ball is at between opponents 40-49 with 2 yards or less to go. 4th quarter, watch NFL games on Sundays and you should know what not to do.

Roster Management

Section 1. Contract: No limit on how long or big contracts can be signed but please remember the longer/bigger the contract the more consequences will come with it especially because of cap penalty.
However, Contracts with no bonus should not be any longer than 2 years. Any contracts longer than 3 years should have at least 20% of total salary as signing bonus.Violators could face disciplinary actions.

Section 2. Signing/Resigning:Teams are not allowed to release players just to sign him right back at a bargain price within the same season.Violators will be Banned from the league immediately and permanently.

Section 3. Waiver Wire:Points system through pre-season.

Section 4. Roster Requirement: Roster requirement-53 minimum. No less. NFL teams will always carry max capacity number of players.

Section 5. TradeNew: First of all, any deals have to be PM'd with convincing reasons then it may be approved by committee before proceeding. Players who are in the first year of new contract are not eligible for trade negotiations. This is to prevent teams to sign a player to a one year deal just to trade them away. Franchise tagged players are eligible for trade negotiations.

Section 6. Change of Ownership: 4th and 1 may allow owners to swap teams.

If you are interested post with answers to below questionnaire. We require a quick tryout as well.

1)Age
2)Usual availability and timezone
3)PSN
4)Do you understand the differences between NFL and college/highschool football?
5)Tell us something about you and reason why you would be a good addition to our league.

*Team Selection
Dallas Cowboys-Blue Ninja
Philadelphia Eagles-Volstopfan
NY Giants-Bill
Washington Redskins-checkwreck

Seattle Seahawks-Madman
Arizona Cardinals-gameface1234
SF- Chef
STL Rams-cdotts

New Orleans Saints-
Carolina Panthers-Clonefan14
Atlanta Falcons-
Tampa Bay Buccaneers-JT-Pills

Green bay Packers-Robg
Chicago Bears-
Detroit Lions-joey
Minnesota Vikings-Tom

NE Patriots-OMG
Miami Dolphins-Dolfinley
Buffalo Bills-KENG55
NY Jets-NY Kia

Denver Broncos-frythatchicken
Kansas City Chiefs-
Oakland Raiders-splff3000
SD Chargers-

Indianapolis Colts-BleedingRed
Jacksonville Jaguars-
Houston Texans-
Tennesee Titans-

Cincinatti Bengals-Mizzou24
Pittsburgh Steelers-Dominos Larry
Baltimore Ravens-
Cleveland Browns-Coach mac
M16 Sim Style Sliders by Blue Ninja
My Twitch Stream

Last edited by Blue Ninja; 02-12-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2014, 01:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: New League, Name TBD

49ers or steelers for me

PSN: dominoslarry02
http://www.twitch.tv/dominoslarry02
Old 02-08-2014, 01:58 PM   #3
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominoslarry
49ers or steelers for me
49ers are taken, and of course Steelers are yours. I don't even know why you are posting lol
My Twitch Stream
Old 02-08-2014, 07:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

1)Age: Brandon

2)Usual availability and timezone: I'm available most days aside from when I have class. I live in California so the pacifictime zone

3)PSN:brandongrainger1

4)Do you understand the differences between NFL and college/highschool football?: Yes I am quite aware of the difference. I played High school football and have watched the NFL for about 8 years.

5)Tell us something about you and reason why you would be a good addition to our league: I love all aspects of the league. I personally even love being GM more than playing the game ahah. I love negotiating contracts, drafting players, making tough decisions on who to keep. I feel like I would be a great addition because I am always online, I'm always looking to upgrade my team, and also I do not give up on my team even if they have a losing record.

I would be interested in the Browns if they are available. They are not my favorite team but the have underrated talent that I can be creative with.

Hope to hear from you.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #5
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady1283
1)Age: Brandon

2)Usual availability and timezone: I'm available most days aside from when I have class. I live in California so the pacifictime zone

3)PSN:brandongrainger1

4)Do you understand the differences between NFL and college/highschool football?: Yes I am quite aware of the difference. I played High school football and have watched the NFL for about 8 years.

5)Tell us something about you and reason why you would be a good addition to our league: I love all aspects of the league. I personally even love being GM more than playing the game ahah. I love negotiating contracts, drafting players, making tough decisions on who to keep. I feel like I would be a great addition because I am always online, I'm always looking to upgrade my team, and also I do not give up on my team even if they have a losing record.

I would be interested in the Browns if they are available. They are not my favorite team but the have underrated talent that I can be creative with.

Hope to hear from you.
One question, how old is "Brandon"?
My Twitch Stream
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2014, 08:33 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

oh damn sorry haha mental error. 21
Old 02-10-2014, 10:17 PM   #7
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

Team Selection have been added to the original posts. Still a lot of guys missing on that list, so if you don't see your name on there contact me asap.
My Twitch Stream
Old 02-10-2014, 11:44 PM   #8
Pro

Blue Ninja's Arena

League has been created, those who did not get an invite, pm me your PSN.
My Twitch Stream

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Online »