Home

Rate this trade! 49ers & Hawks

This is a discussion on Rate this trade! 49ers & Hawks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-07-2014, 11:40 AM   #1
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Rate this trade! 49ers & Hawks

In a "for fun" franchise [CCM] I traded Aldon Smith, that year's second round pick and next years 1st for Richard Sherman and a 3rd.

Now, player for palyer trades and star trades are not that common, but the idea was that the 49ers are loaded at LB and have Corey Lemonier who has been a beast for me in Madden while Aldon Smith was buried in the depth chart in play now for his DUI problems. The Hawks are loaded in the secondary. The 49ers secondary is a bit suspect. I like T. Brown in real life and he has a nice 89 man coverage rating. There is also the rookie Eric Reed at FS. Also #3 CB Brock has been coming into his own in real life and has earned a respectable 87 man coverage in the most recent roster update.

The Hawks, on the other hand are also a "complete defense" but don't really have a STAR in their front 7. They have a very talented front 7, but their best player is a 91 DT. He is surrounded by two 88 and 87 defesive ends, an 88 MLB, an 86 ROLB and an 79 LOLB.

I think tihs fictional trade would help both teams, and to be honest, in Madden, I don't "feel" Aldon SMith contributing from the blitzing OLB role very much.

Finally, Sherman wears 25 in seattle, but Brown wears 25 in SF. At Stanford Sherman wore 9, but star FS Earl Thomas wears 29 for the L.O.B. So, I was thinking of changing the number of under performer Culliver to something else and giving Sherman the 29 I think he would have wanted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2014, 12:58 PM   #2
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Rate this trade! 49ers & Hawks

You take away their best young CB and don't state their CB situation. Pretty sure he is there only young CB. Browner is a little older and Thurmond is the slot IIRC.

So Browner moves to 1 and Thurmond to 2? Boy did that secondary just take a hit. Plus the trade is between division rivals.

I do it all day if I'm SF, never if I'm SEA.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 02-07-2014, 01:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

You forgot about Byron maxwell
Old 02-07-2014, 01:03 PM   #4
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Still that's a huge drop off IMO. Plus Seattle already has a solid front 7. Why eliminate a player who enables the front 7 to be that much better?

Sent from my iPhone 5

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 02-07-2014, 01:56 PM   #5
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
You take away their best young CB and don't state their CB situation. Pretty sure he is there only young CB. Browner is a little older and Thurmond is the slot IIRC.

So Browner moves to 1 and Thurmond to 2? Boy did that secondary just take a hit. Plus the trade is between division rivals.

I do it all day if I'm SF, never if I'm SEA.

Sent from my iPhone 5
Kam Chancellor - 25 years old 94 OVR Strong Safety with 94 hit power

Earl Thomas - 24 years old 94 OVR Fee Safety with 92 Zone Coverage

Browner - 29 years old 90 OVR with 95 zone and 93 press

Byron Maxwell - 24 years old 82 OVR with 90 zone coverage and 88 press.

Walter Thurmond III [a.k.a "3" by his teammates] in 26 and the weakest of he "starters" as a 78 OVR. with only 81 zone and 87 man coverage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Browner is the only "old" player on their team and he is 29. They are stil stacked in the secondary.

Quote:
Still that's a huge drop off IMO. Plus Seattle already has a solid front 7. Why eliminate a player who enables the front 7 to be that much better?
Do you really think you get to make the argument that they "already have a solid front 7" but think that having the secondary I mentioned would "take a huge hit"? How would adding a 99 OVR LB not improve that front 7 a lot?

Alson brings 93 tackle, 90 hit power [causes fumbles] 99 power moves, 89 finesse moves [he can do it all] and 88 block shedding [to stuff the run his side]

Compare that to their starter K.J. Wright with his 93 tackle [a wash there] 85 hit power [5 point improvement and the difference between 85 and 90 is huge in terms of causing fumbles with user/computer controlled hit sticks] 77 power moves & 64 finesse moves [he will never be a pass rusher] and 77 block shedding [which means he won't help much in the run game either. Oh, and his 81 speed/87 acceleration compared to Aldon's 85 speed and 97 acceleration.

I actually like their 79 LOLB Bruce Irvin a bit better by the numbers with his 90 speed/94 acceleration, and 95 power moves. however, his 77 tackle, and 69 block shedding leave much to be desired. he does have a decent 85 hit power but with 77 tackle I think players will bounce off of him more often than not. i don't use the Hawks, so I am not sure.

The opposite argument can also be made about the 49ers. They drafted Aldon to be the much need pass rusher so they could drop 8 into coverage and only rush with 4.

I picked Aldon to send to the Hawks to try and make it a "fair" trade and fun division rivalry move. honestly, I am afraid that neither player has that much on an impact on the video game, and that's why I relly made the trade. I have never used an "elite" CB before, and I know how little Aldon has done for me in the past thanks to Madden's aniamtions and interactions with the ROLB/RE. At the same time I don't really fear Sherman when passing against the Hawks in play now and don't think that Man coverage is very good in the 360. I hear it is better on the XB1 and PS4, but I wouldn't know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2014, 03:17 PM   #6
Pro

x_NBA_x's Arena

OVR: 2

I understand it's your CFM but you have asked for a rating on this trade so I shall be honest with you..

It stinks for the Seahawks, Aldon Smith is a pass rushing LB. The Seahawks don't run a 3-4 so they have adequate cover with Irvin (Smith light). They give up their star #1 CB and it now depletes their depth at the position, as Browner now will cover #1 which he isn't that great and so forth.

The increase in linebacker to the decrease in cornerbacks/depth means that the trade does favor the 49ers.

However, it is your CFM and you want it to be different so that is understandable and if you can live with playing it through and enjoying it then continue to do so (I'm contemplating the trade of Aaron Rodgers out of Cheesetown, he is too expensive and I can really build a better team with a mediocre QB like Foles). Maybe give them an 80+ rated CB to level it out?

I'd rate it 5/10 for the Seahawks and 7/10 for the 49ers. As Smith is a sack beast on this game when ever I've used the 49ers..
Old 02-07-2014, 04:52 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 25

49ers definitely rip them off. They gave up a guy that has battled with off the field issues for well, the best corner in the league. Plus this trade would not happen in a million years. Never would the Seahawks and 49ers, bitter rivals make a trade like this.
Year 3 - 11-5
Old 02-07-2014, 05:08 PM   #8
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm taking it that this trade is within the first year. If so yeah I gotta agree. If we are talking about a realistic sense, this is completely stacked in the 9ers favor.

Sherman is considered one of the best corners in the league and he is getting paid pennies right now.

Looking at Aldon yes he is a great LB but he has a huge contract day coming up and add to the fact that the hawks have a very strong front 7 already, I don't feel Aldon makes near the same impact on their team that sherman would on the 9ers.

Now the 1st and 2nd rounders help slightly but chances are its going to be a very late 1st rounder. Add on the fact that the Raiders traded two 1st rounders for Carson Palmer. The Redskins traded three 1st rounders for an unproven RG3. So a late 1st rounder and a late 2nd for a proven guy like Sherman makes it a bit less even.

If you dig the trade more power to you but as far as what I would rate it.

Seahawks - 5/10
49ers - 11/10

Edit: The only reason I mention the big payday for Aldon is chances are he sees FA within the next few seasons where as they would hold on to Sherman much longer (especially with the cpu logic).

Last edited by Ampking101; 02-07-2014 at 05:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »