Home

Looking ahead to Madden 15

This is a discussion on Looking ahead to Madden 15 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-03-2014, 10:48 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Looking ahead to Madden 15

1a) Nantz and Simms should expand their commentary to include intros for backup quarterbacks too. Sure its great to talk about the starting QBs, but lets say a backup becomes the starter.... Ex: Foles become starter and Vick is the only Eagles QB with an introduction in the game.

1b) Speaking of QBs... since we know Madden makes QB intros a big deal... have the game include more legends/madden greats at the quarterback position. Brett Favre, Kurt Warner, Phil Simms, Boomer Esiason, and Jim Kelly come to mind. Add intro commentary from the guys in the booth for these guys.

2) Let us have and edit Coach settings/sliders. Let us the users modify coach's philosophies and beliefs. Adding/losing player on a roster can change/affects coaches styles. Coach may suddenly like a 3-4 or 4-3, or get a mobile QB when he prefers a pocket QB. Ex: Mike Shannahan traditionally prefered the 4-3 but then on the Redskins he suddenly chose to go with a 3-4 defense.

3) Tattoos. Ok not every player needs to have every single tatoo captured and represented. Big time players though... ex: Kapernick

4) Offensive and Defensive Coordinators should be included. We should see them on the sidelines too.

5) Change playbooks for every team. NBA 2k lets us edit every single team's playbook completely. We can add/remove plays from the playbook.

6) Homefield Advantage/Specific Game Conditions. Not only do NFL stadiums look different, they feel different. Since the seahawks won the superbowl madden should make their stadium more likely to have false starts called. In New England, player confidence should drop a point as most NFL teams are intimidated to face the Pats on the road. The Saints should play much better in the Superdome that anywhere else. Giants stadium, Heinz Field, and Soldier Field should have heavy unpredictable winds affecting field goals. In Denver (altitude) and Miami (heat), players should fatigue faster. Playing the Broncos as Mile High with that no huddle offense would really wear out guys. Also, in Pittsbugh we should have fans in the stand waving the terrible towels!!!

7) Include more RETRO jerseys. At least include road retro jerseys as well as the home classic jerseys. EA... we like to play in retro road uniforms too

8) Redzone Target. Add this to Player Roles. When we simulate games/seasons have us be able to influence who scores and gets touchdowns. A redzone target means he is more likely to get the ball in scoring/redzone situations and upon simulation he gets a high number of Touchdowns. The COU will even try to find that player when it is at that goal line: trying to run it in with the star RB or look for a certain TE/WR.

Last edited by mo2thewillyo; 02-22-2014 at 10:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2014, 10:55 PM   #2
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Looking ahead to Madden 15

I like these ideas but I'd like to be able to change the commentators. Maybe if it's a Monday night game its on ESPN. Also I want all the stuff that's broken fixed. More relocation options and more scheme options. Number 1 thing that will never happen is an update create a playbook thats like 07. When you could create the forms and the plays. But make it better so you can have trick plays and motion.
NBA-Sonics :'(
Old 02-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #3
Rookie

I was thinking bring back the madden 12 franchise menus. The windows 8 look is laggy and it takes 1 hr just to go through one stage of the off season while owning 16 teams. I liked when we could release, sign, resign and everything all by just using L2 and a left stick to cycle thru teams you owned. Now we have to go one team at a time and cycle thru each teams menues just to do what we want.

Another is being able to choose relocation nicknames. Im all for set cities, just wish there was more. But have a list of nicknames that the announcers will say. It shouldn't be that hard to have a team name like Detroit Devils (why they put Diablo's in and not devils or demons is confusing). Something like the LA raptors. I do not like limited logos and team names.

on the subject of relocating.... let me choose the damn team colors and unis. The Mexico city golden eagles in the current game (which the rams love to relocate to for some reason) has team colors of green and red. Yet their name is the GOLDEN eagles...someone should been slapped for that.

Ok...im done being angry. But But otherwise gameplay isn't too bad. Maybe tweak corner/reciever interactions and add in some on field scuffles between rivals with unnecessary roughness penalties.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:54 PM   #4
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm really hoping to get assistant coaches back into the game. It adds so much more realism to hiring a new HC at the very least, and not the fictional ones they have this year.

But what I'd really love is the ability to hire an entire staff, and have their abilities compliment one another (or not). It could be an ability of the HC to tell which assistants fit your style, and if you get the right ones, your players get an awareness boost, or progress more quickly. If you're wrong, it goes in the other direction.

I'd also like the ability to hire and fire GMs, or at the very least, have the scouts have more of an impact on the draft and how you see the prospects.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:25 PM   #5
Rookie

PaperExplosives's Arena

Now that the NCAA Football series is done (it is truly sad too see college sports video games vanish), maybe now EA can spend a little more time focusing on making and improving just one football game. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't though. It is EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2014, 10:10 PM   #6
Pro

9) Blocking field goals and punks should be possible... not impossible. It be nice to see every once in ahwile... and in the right situation field goals and punts get blocked. This should affect us kicking a ball low for a field goal or wanting max protect for punts.

Really really need this. Special teams would be more valued as things would become less automatic
Old 02-10-2014, 10:22 PM   #7
MVP

omega412930's Arena

OVR: 5

i want some kind of weekly wrap up show in franchise modes like 2k did with the sportscenter each week as well as practice squads, being able to name ur practice squad players, and bring back the madden soundtracks that hav been amazing over the early years

NHL - New Jersey Devils
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
MLB - Philadelphia Phillies
NBA - Brooklyn Nets
NCAAF - Oregon Ducks
NCAAB - Duke Blue Devils
Old 02-22-2014, 10:38 PM   #8
Pro

1 Improve Celebration of Winning the Conference Championship game!!!

Conference Title Trophy Presentation. Nantz and Simms should present the Hunt or Hallis trophy. You don't have to have confetti rain down like the superbowl itself, but get us excited that we won the conference title EA and are headed to the super bowl

2) Nose Tackle in 3-4 should require automatic double teams. Both the center and guard have to block him on every play

Last edited by mo2thewillyo; 02-22-2014 at 10:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »