Home

What's The Plan for OSFM 2014

This is a discussion on What's The Plan for OSFM 2014 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-01-2014, 01:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What's The Plan for OSFM 2014

So what exactly is the plan..is everyone waiting for a release date to see which platform OSFM2014 is going to be performed on..PS3 or PS4? Or is it already just going to be for PS4? Knight and Co. what are your thoughts on this? Say the PS4 version does not get released until May..are you just going to wait and then start once the game is released for PS4? Also, say it is May for PS4, are you just going to stick with MLB13 until then and update the rosters for MLB13 to reflect lineups for the start of 2014 (spring trainging or opening day). I know OneBase24 has a great set of rosters for MLB13 that he periodically updates, are these rosters going to be taken and updated for the start of 2014 season until the PS4 version drops? They are really great rosters, just noticed that a couple of the guys on them don't match what mlbdepthcharts has for players, probably would only take a couple of people to go through the rosters and update them to spring training rosters, with 40 man and AA and AAA lineups intact. Just was kind of trying to get a feel for what is going to happen, and if anyone plans on just making spring training rosters with MLB13 for the 2014 season until the PS4 version of the game comes out or what the deal is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2014, 02:07 PM   #2
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What's The Plan for OSFM 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeschafer_1
So what exactly is the plan..is everyone waiting for a release date to see which platform OSFM2014 is going to be performed on..PS3 or PS4? Or is it already just going to be for PS4? Knight and Co. what are your thoughts on this? Say the PS4 version does not get released until May..are you just going to wait and then start once the game is released for PS4? Also, say it is May for PS4, are you just going to stick with MLB13 until then and update the rosters for MLB13 to reflect lineups for the start of 2014 (spring trainging or opening day). I know OneBase24 has a great set of rosters for MLB13 that he periodically updates, are these rosters going to be taken and updated for the start of 2014 season until the PS4 version drops? They are really great rosters, just noticed that a couple of the guys on them don't match what mlbdepthcharts has for players, probably would only take a couple of people to go through the rosters and update them to spring training rosters, with 40 man and AA and AAA lineups intact. Just was kind of trying to get a feel for what is going to happen, and if anyone plans on just making spring training rosters with MLB13 for the 2014 season until the PS4 version of the game comes out or what the deal is.
Knight and a bunch of others are going to the PS4 for OSFM (they did say there will be a PS3 and PS4 roster), but everyone is waiting to see if you can have cross platform saves from the PS3 to PS4 I believe.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:09 PM   #3
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

If the Ps4 version does release late, Ill probably skip OSFM for the first time since Ive been playing the show. It'll only be for one year, but I just cant wait until May to start my franchise, Ill go insane.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:03 PM   #4
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
If the Ps4 version does release late, Ill probably skip OSFM for the first time since Ive been playing the show. It'll only be for one year, but I just cant wait until May to start my franchise, Ill go insane.
I just hope all the guys doing OSFM didn't get rid of their PS3's. I still believe there is a chance (However small) that files might be able to be transferred from the PS3 to the Vita to the PS4.
& maybe even directly from the PS3 to the PS4.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:37 PM   #5
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

how could Ps4 rosters be the same for ps3? its not possible with all the graphic updates on PS4 a face couldn't look like a PS3 version. there would be 100 more options in face detail for PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2014, 07:42 PM   #6
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
how could Ps4 rosters be the same for ps3? its not possible with all the graphic updates on PS4 a face couldn't look like a PS3 version. there would be 100 more options in face detail for PS4
It's quite possible.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-01-2014, 10:21 PM   #7
Rookie

cnh2os84's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It's quite possible.

M.K.
Knight165
We were able to share created players between ps3 and vita, so that is promising. My hunch is that if you made the player on ps4, he just wouldn't look as good on PS3. The players that were created on ps3 and then transferred to vita sort of had a chipmunk look to them.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:28 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
Off the top of my head, they could make the roster file store names, while the faces are stored in the game data (on the disc) for PS3 and PS4 separately. Then the players' names are matched with their faces on whichever console you're on.

For any players with faces NOT modeled by SCEA, you could just store the "formula" for creating that face in the creation tool, which could then be created in whichever version of the game you're playing once you've loaded the save.

It's definitely not impossible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »