Home

NHL 14 Freezing??

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Freezing?? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-30-2014, 09:32 PM   #1
Rookie

KyleY12's Arena

OVR: 0
NHL 14 Freezing??

So I've had NHL 14 for about a month now, and it was doing just fine. However, just a few days ago, my HUT froze mid game. Right when the first whistle blew, the game just froze and I had to plug out/plug in my PS3. It did that for every HUT game I tried to play. Then, it started to happen to my Live the Life. Right when the first whistle blows, bam! Frozen. Is there any solution to this? The game is virtually unplayable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2014, 02:16 PM   #2
Banned

metalmilitia623's Arena

Re: NHL 14 Freezing??

Do you have custom music on in the game?

If you do that will cause freezing. It has been a known issue since 10 or 11 because I used custom music in 09 and didn't have many issues. It froze some but not as bad as it does on the newer games.

I've seen it posted about on EA's forums (prior to being banned) for years yet every year it is back and not fixed.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:54 PM   #3
Rookie

Same thing happened to me today. All of a sudden when loading a new Be A GM, NHL 14 freezes on the loading screen.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:18 PM   #4
Rookie

KyleY12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmilitia623
Do you have custom music on in the game?

If you do that will cause freezing. It has been a known issue since 10 or 11 because I used custom music in 09 and didn't have many issues. It froze some but not as bad as it does on the newer games.

I've seen it posted about on EA's forums (prior to being banned) for years yet every year it is back and not fixed.
Yeah, I put in custom music (all goal horns for all teams) just before the freezing happened.

If I delete all the custom music, will the freezing stop?
Old 01-31-2014, 08:33 PM   #5
Banned

metalmilitia623's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleY12
Yeah, I put in custom music (all goal horns for all teams) just before the freezing happened.

If I delete all the custom music, will the freezing stop?
It should, from my understanding the custom music is causing the game to freeze. So by either disabling it or removing it altogether it should resolve the issue. EA may claim their game has custom music in it but it doe not work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2014, 11:21 PM   #6
Rookie

KyleY12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmilitia623
It should, from my understanding the custom music is causing the game to freeze. So by either disabling it or removing it altogether it should resolve the issue. EA may claim their game has custom music in it but it doe not work.
Well I just deleted all the custom music, but now it is even worse! I just tried to play 2 HUT games, and it froze at the EA screen right after I press start to start the game. I don't know what it is, but it's really frustrating because my HUT team has an ugly record now (having to restart the system every freeze) and I can't play ANY type of hockey!!
Old 01-31-2014, 11:56 PM   #7
Banned

metalmilitia623's Arena

Hmmmm, that is odd. maybe try resetting the cache and redownloading the updates.

I don't know how to do that on PS3 though.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:43 PM   #8
Rookie

bwalsh18's Arena

I had this problem for months - I would play NHL offline and it would freeze either during the intro or halfway through the first period. I ended up trading in my copy as it got too frustrating to play. Did anyone ever find a solution to this? Wouldn't mind picking up a cheap copy now and doing the rosters up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »