Home

Why are the Pacers so terrible when you sim a season??

This is a discussion on Why are the Pacers so terrible when you sim a season?? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Why are the Pacers so terrible when you sim a season??

They are barely over .500 everytime I simulate and make the playoffs as the 6-8 seed! What in the world do you have to do in order for them to be better? They are the best team in the NBA right now but on the game they suck! This is with the rosters from yesterday too with PG as a 93 overall etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Why are the Pacers so terrible when you sim a season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
They are barely over .500 everytime I simulate and make the playoffs as the 6-8 seed! What in the world do you have to do in order for them to be better? They are the best team in the NBA right now but on the game they suck! This is with the rosters from yesterday too with PG as a 93 overall etc...
There defense just isn't replicated well
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 01-29-2014, 04:02 PM   #3
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
There defense just isn't replicated well

Is there any edits I can do to make their defense better? They hold opponents to just over 90 points on average. And it is rare when a team reaches 100....a lot of times their opponent doesn't even score 90. I did notice now looking back a lot of the final scores did not replicate this. It kind of ruins the game for me since I am an Indy native and fan who doesn't want to play with them but still wants them to be really good in an association.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:09 PM   #4
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Just simmed a season up to today and they are 23-21 in the game They are allowing 105ppg, good for 21st in the league. WTF!? This really pisses me off and is a game breaker to me. I'm sorry but I can't play this game when defense is not simulated correctly. This sucks cuz the gameplay is pretty good overall, but man!!
Old 01-29-2014, 05:22 PM   #5
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Just simmed a season up to today and they are 23-21 in the game They are allowing 105ppg, good for 21st in the league. WTF!? This really pisses me off and is a game breaker to me. I'm sorry but I can't play this game when defense is not simulated correctly. This sucks cuz the gameplay is pretty good overall, but man!!
Have you tried editing them? I don't play with default rosters but I know that they screwed the pacers up. like for example Paul George is the best wing defender in the nba (no competition lol). and lance Stephenson is a great defender and so is George hill and of course hibbert.. Raise players on ball defense and other defensive attributes I don't know why but 2k really underestimated there defense. After that they should be destroying teams 2k just mess up some ratings mostly defensive ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2014, 05:44 PM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Personally ratings wise overall anyway they have it right for the most part, but where 2k screws the Pacers is sig skills IMO. I give George Hill lock down defender in my roster, and probably could give him finisher, spot up shooter, and maybe even active hands, but I have not. Im doing well in my Association and want a challenge so I really didnt give them all they porobably should have. Roy Hibbert dont block shots either in this game like he does IRL which ticks me off.
I have also given Lance acrobat and 1 man FB. Those are all I changed sig wise, but did boost Hibbert hands, agility, vertical up to try and get him to block more shots as well as bump his defense in post and awareness up.

I do believe its probably hard for 2k to get Associations sims real accurate as its really a crap shoot with a sim engine. I do play all my games and control all 30 teams to try and get Association close to real life, but htere will always be some oddities cause of injuries and stuff. What I wish 2k would do is put the ability to manual injure guys like you can in MLBTS, as I have asked for this for a few years now, knowign 2k they probably mess it up if they did at it,lol. Hands down MLBTS devs are by a long shot the best in the business when it comes to getting things down right that they put in the game.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 01-29-2014, 05:53 PM   #7
Pro

chibears96's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Personally ratings wise overall anyway they have it right for the most part, but where 2k screws the Pacers is sig skills IMO. I give George Hill lock down defender in my roster, and probably could give him finisher, spot up shooter, and maybe even active hands, but I have not. Im doing well in my Association and want a challenge so I really didnt give them all they porobably should have. Roy Hibbert dont block shots either in this game like he does IRL which ticks me off.
I have also given Lance acrobat and 1 man FB. Those are all I changed sig wise, but did boost Hibbert hands, agility, vertical up to try and get him to block more shots as well as bump his defense in post and awareness up.

I do believe its probably hard for 2k to get Associations sims real accurate as its really a crap shoot with a sim engine. I do play all my games and control all 30 teams to try and get Association close to real life, but htere will always be some oddities cause of injuries and stuff. What I wish 2k would do is put the ability to manual injure guys like you can in MLBTS, as I have asked for this for a few years now, knowign 2k they probably mess it up if they did at it,lol. Hands down MLBTS devs are by a long shot the best in the business when it comes to getting things down right that they put in the game.
Also you can't say before the season started anyone would have guessed the pacers would have a historic defense like now it's just hard predicting this stuff. Also sig skills have a effect on sim stats? I didn't know that.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:24 PM   #8
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibears96
Also you can't say before the season started anyone would have guessed the pacers would have a historic defense like now it's just hard predicting this stuff. Also sig skills have a effect on sim stats? I didn't know that.
Actually Im not 100% sure sig skill effect sim games or not, now I htink about it.

The Pacers had the best defense in the league last year so not sure why anyone would be surprised at what they are doing thi syear, considering they improved their bench a lot, not to mention young guys just progressing.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »