Home

HOF Sim - Too Easy?

This is a discussion on HOF Sim - Too Easy? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-29-2014, 10:58 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
HOF Sim - Too Easy?

I just wanted to create this thread because I feel obligated to let people know that HOF is very beatable. I am usually in threads defending the difficulty as most people think it is scripted or unfair, BUT IT IS NOT.

I started to really get good at the difficulty in My Career a few weeks ago. I used to get super frustrated thinking what most people did about how they shoot too high FG% and that coming back from a deficit is too hard. BUT IT IS NOT.

I got traded to the Bucks when I was trying to get to a team I wanted at the all star break and got stuck with them as the last place team until the end of the season. We are now going into the playoffs in the 3rd seed. I've lost a total of 4 games since the break and the losses WERE MY FAULT.

I came back two of the wins from a 20 point deficit which is how I know the game isn't scripted. One of those games was against the Heat!

The trick is simple but you won't learn it by simply listening, doing what you normally do or ball hogging. The trick is to simply NEVER GIVE UP. Be patient, don't get frustrated and focus on what your games are.

As soon as I started running plays and stopped caring about how I score is when we started winning. THE MORE YOU GET YOUR TEAM INVOLVED, the better you will play on both ends of the floor. My last game I had 32 points, 26 assists and 8 steals. My bench players even scored double digits.

Study your plays, don't be afraid to pass it and let other people move the ball around and score. Use that cutting you think is bad to YOUR ADVANTAGE by learning when they'll cut and passing before they do.

For example, I set a pick with my center so I know if it works he likely won't be open so I move towards the hoop from the left. Either the corner defender will move to me leaving my SF open for a 3, or he'll cut to the hoop if I move more towards him. DISH IT and watch that cutting lead to an a awesome dunking assist.

I feel obligated to share this because I see people getting frustrated and I want to let them know that nothing is more enjoyable than that ight bulb going off and you start flowing on both ends. KEEP TRYING and you will love me. I too was winning by 20+ on every other difficulty but was barely getting by on HOF. Now, I'm lucky if the opposing team even gives me a challenge. I obliterated the clippers and the pacers by 20 points last night.

DONT GIVE UP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2014, 11:12 AM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: HOF Sim - Too Easy?

I can beat the CPU on HOF pretty easily...its just not fun HOW I have to do it if it makes sense....

but the CPU is definitely beatable on HOF
Old 01-29-2014, 11:14 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I can beat the CPU on HOF pretty easily...its just not fun HOW I have to do it if it makes sense....

but the CPU is definitely beatable on HOF
That's partly what I mean. I was able to win by taking things into my own hands but it was harder to consistently own that way. The way I beat them now looks much more professional even on the stat sheets.

Me with 32
L. Sanders with 29
Ilyasova with 25
OJ Mayo with 18
Bench players with 8-12

Here is the stat sheet from my game against the Raptors (10 minute quarters). I have a lot of turnovers because of the cutting bug. I had 4 from throwing an open pass to Mayo cutting on a fast break and he jerks and misses it. That's one of the things they need to fix for sure.

Last edited by Crookid; 01-29-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #4
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Wouldn't all this be common sense and even if you do play this way as I do, the CPU still is all Zeus mode. I agree with dude who said that you can beat HOF but it's the way you go about it that's my problem. It also seems that when I play games back to back they the CPU is godly on the first try then beatable in the 2nd game.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:35 AM   #5
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
HOF Sim - Too Easy?

I joined the forums a long time ago to basically preach this message and provided a ton of evidence to back it up.

You'll have hard time convincing others but what you say is true.

Only thing I would add is scrap the easy part. It takes time and effort to get it right.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 01-29-2014 at 11:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2014, 11:36 AM   #6
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

realistic stats on HOF eh?
Old 01-29-2014, 11:42 AM   #7
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2
HOF Sim - Too Easy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
realistic stats on HOF eh?

Eventually, yes. But you can't expect it right off the bat. You can get pretty close.

I play as the whole team though not my career.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 01-29-2014 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:50 AM   #8
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Playing HOF in my career vs quick match/mygm are different experiences.

It's not as easy controlling a whole team.

With that said its still doable. I don't enjoy playing CPU on HOF but I do it to get better releases and improved defense for online.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »