Home

Cubs 2014 OSFM

This is a discussion on Cubs 2014 OSFM within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-28-2014, 11:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Cubs 2014 OSFM

A potential- (my opinion)
Baez
Bryant
Almora
Soler
C.J. Edwards
Alcantara

Also, I think Baez, Bryant, Almora, and Soler should be low to mid 70's to begin with. Bryant will be up by the ASG
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2014, 04:31 PM   #2
Rookie

Teigh Cubs Teigh's Arena

Re: Cubs 2014 OSFM

I sure hope that your opinion is more correct than mine. If all of those guys turned into 95-99 Overall guys (in The Show speak) that would be incredible. Of those who you listed I would say:

Upper levels of A - A+: Baez

A: Bryant

B+ - A: Almora; Soler (with Soler slightly lower than Almora in my opinion based on Almora's advanced make up, higher floor, and some concerns of mine about Soler's maturity thanks to the bench-clearing, bat-wielding incident last year)

B - B+ CJ Edwards (though I think by the end of this year he may shoot up to an A-...I'm really high on him in the future even if I can't justify it quite yet. I think scouts way underrate him due to size concerns that I simply do not share)

Upper B but not quite "B +" Alcantara

Still very good and I really really love all of these guys and think that they all have a good chance to be well-above average contributors. As I said I think that I'm underselling Edwards right now, but I feel that that is necessary. The same can be said for Soler, I think he could really surprise me if he gets through a full season injury free.

Last edited by Teigh Cubs Teigh; 01-28-2014 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:52 PM   #3
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

I think I like Bryant more than Baez at this point. Baez has more positional value (if he can stick at SS of course), but Bryant is much safer while having an equally high ceiling and I also think his bat will be better.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:00 PM   #4
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
I think I like Bryant more than Baez at this point. Baez has more positional value (if he can stick at SS of course), but Bryant is much safer while having an equally high ceiling and I also think his bat will be better.
Do you know any mets fans on here who would be interested in helping with the Mets OSFM? I know you're big around here and especially with the OSFM set. Thanks
Old 01-28-2014, 05:23 PM   #5
Rookie

Teigh Cubs Teigh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
I see your point and I kind of agree about Bryant being a safer bet as far as floor is concerned, but I still like Baez's bat more than Bryant's right now, but it is very much a coin-toss. I would not argue against anyone who says that Bryant's bat is better because they may very well be right. The main point is that both have the chance to be very elite bats which is great news for us Cubs fans.

In reality I think that any of the top three (in my opinion Almora, Baez, and Bryant...in alphabetical order there) could be strongly argued to be the best of the bunch and their order could be easily shuffled around. I could even stand to see Soler thrown into that mix though I personally see him as the clear number four of the "Big Four/ Core Four" of the Cubs. Then there is a slight dropoff where again I could see a strong case being made for either Edwards or Alcantara for the 5 and 6 spots.

This will be a fun list to see debated about due to the strength of the top guys and the great amount of depth below them (positionally at least). I can't wait to see what we finally come up with as the final potentials.

I'm going to start reading up on some prospect lists and whatnot soon (I've had some bookmarked for a while and just need to get around to diving in) so I hope that when the time for the thrust of the debate begins I can contribute at least to this side of the OSFM this year even if I don't trust myself enough to go too far into the actual creation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2014, 09:10 PM   #6
MVP

ilstu24's Arena

OVR: 3

Bryant and Baez are bonfide A's
Almora/ Alcantara B+
Soler/Edwards B

PSN: Onebase24
Follow me on Twitter: @mdthomp24
Old 01-29-2014, 05:06 PM   #7
Rookie

I didn't really mean for those guys to all get A potential. Just listing the top prospects.

I'm more confident in Bryant than I am Baez. Baez is beginning to remind me a bit of Castro with a few of his "mental lapse" plays. He obviously has potential to be great. Bryant, on the other hand seems more ready for the bigs at this point. Which brings up another question: When will these guys be getting the call. Man, I love talking about these guys. Makes me excited to be a Cubs fan.

Soler seems pretty unpredictable. That bat indecent was interesting. Let's hope for the best.
Almora has the work ethic to be great and I think he'll turn out better than Soler.

There's a great chance at least 3 of these guys turn out to be all-stars. I can't wait.

Pitching is another issue though. I'm assuming we will spend our early picks in this years draft on pitchers. Forget his name but some 6'5" 250 monster is a target. I think we will be able to pick up pitching talent in free agency when we are ready to contend.

I'm seriously so excited. Being 16, I haven't fell the long pain of being a Cubs fan too long as you guys probably have. The time is near, the time is near

and I love playing the show with these guys while i wait.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:43 PM   #8
MVP

ilstu24's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by natejelinek
I didn't really mean for those guys to all get A potential. Just listing the top prospects.

I'm more confident in Bryant than I am Baez. Baez is beginning to remind me a bit of Castro with a few of his "mental lapse" plays. He obviously has potential to be great. Bryant, on the other hand seems more ready for the bigs at this point. Which brings up another question: When will these guys be getting the call. Man, I love talking about these guys. Makes me excited to be a Cubs fan.

Soler seems pretty unpredictable. That bat indecent was interesting. Let's hope for the best.
Almora has the work ethic to be great and I think he'll turn out better than Soler.

There's a great chance at least 3 of these guys turn out to be all-stars. I can't wait.

Pitching is another issue though. I'm assuming we will spend our early picks in this years draft on pitchers. Forget his name but some 6'5" 250 monster is a target. I think we will be able to pick up pitching talent in free agency when we are ready to contend.

I'm seriously so excited. Being 16, I haven't fell the long pain of being a Cubs fan too long as you guys probably have. The time is near, the time is near

and I love playing the show with these guys while i wait.
Check out my latest roster I just uploaded. You will love it then.

PSN: Onebase24
Follow me on Twitter: @mdthomp24

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »