Home

Which #1 WR should I trade for? (9ers)

This is a discussion on Which #1 WR should I trade for? (9ers) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-26-2014, 08:28 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Which #1 WR should I trade for? (9ers)

I'm thinking of starting a franchise with the regular rosters and the salary cap on. My fantasy draft franchise I already have is a run first team so I want to make a passing team. I was considering the Lions but I already have Suh and Ansah on my fantasy team and other than Stafford Johnson and Bush the roster is pretty bad.

Anyways, Crabtree is a #2 WR at best. I'll probably trade for Marquise Goodwin to be my pure speed receiver to stretch the field with Kaepernicks arm.

But I need a #1 WR.

Who should I go after?

Julio Jones would be ideal, but it will be hard to get him.. I will take the Team Builder coach and not trade until I get the Trade Influence Package.

I'm going to trade all my 29+ year old players so hopefully the teams who want them have receivers.

If not Jones who should I get?

Josh Gordon would be pretty sweet I guess.

Alshon Jeffery too.

A.J. Green obviously would be bomb (never had him on a team I used) but I imagine he's harder to get than Julio.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2014, 08:59 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 25
Re: Which #1 WR should I trade for? (9ers)

The only somewhat realistic trade would be for Gordon. None of the other receivers would even be in trade talks and are all untouchable. Gordon is pretty close to untouchable but there were talks of him being traded to the 49ers. That was before he was a total beast though. \
Year 3 - 11-5
Old 01-26-2014, 09:15 PM   #3
Banned

I'm not too concerned about what would be "realistic", I have the salary cap on and the CPU has to accept it so that's realistic enough for me.

I've got some highly rated players I'll be trading away (everyone on the 9ers over 29 other than Staley and maybe Davis), I already did a bit of testing and teams are offering 1st round picks for some of the guys I'm trading so my players are worth something to the teams out there.

The "star" value system is gone this year so I think the players rating is the only thing that determines how much the team vaues them.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:20 PM   #4
Banned

Also I'm adding a Hall of Famer to each enemy team so that should help offset whatever unrealistic advantage I get.

I don't really care how realistic it is it's just to have fun.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:13 AM   #5
Rookie

if your doing it for fun. and your adding hall of famers. why not add jerry rice to your team? how fun would that be? lol. Kap to rice?? Brilliant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2014, 10:17 AM   #6
Rookie

Well you aren't going to get a WR you want because they are pretty untouchable. But if you just wait until the first offseasons free agency you can usually get someone like Dez Bryant. Pretty much every WR hits free agency. You aren't going to have any money though with the cap on. Those top WRs want near 10 mil a year + you are going to have Kaepernick and Aldon Smith to resign who will want around 10 mil a year too.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:19 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ers510
if your doing it for fun. and your adding hall of famers. why not add jerry rice to your team? how fun would that be? lol. Kap to rice?? Brilliant
You can't add HOFers to the team you can control. Only 1 character per team.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #8
Rookie

Also, the computer values players based on whether they are an improvement over their current starter. I've never tried it but you might pry a guy away from a team if you are offering three starter upgrades. 1st round draft picks are extremely easy to get and way undervalued by the computer just so you know. An average player that offers a positional upgrade and a 5th rounder (or two 5ths) is usually enough to get most picks in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »