Home

How is injury length calculated?

This is a discussion on How is injury length calculated? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-26-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6
How is injury length calculated?

Probably a dumb question, but I'm dying for some good news. I'm the Bills in an online franchise, and Mario Williams just got hurt in the Wild Card round. It says 4 weeks injury length.

Now, does that mean he'll miss four games or four calendar weeks? Would he be ready for the Super Bowl?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2014, 07:29 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: How is injury length calculated?

he is out for the rest of the season, its 4 weeks so div, conf, pb, sb and he is healthy after sb

stick him on IR and find someone else
Old 01-27-2014, 08:51 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
he is out for the rest of the season, its 4 weeks so div, conf, pb, sb and he is healthy after sb

stick him on IR and find someone else
That's definitely wrong. If it says 4 weeks then the WC Round is included so he would miss the WC game, the Divisional game, the Championship game, and the Pro Bowl.
Year 3 - 11-5
Old 01-27-2014, 10:45 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

But he got hurt in the WC game. Typically the only injuries I've noticed that are given a length aside from the same game short term injuries are season enders. This leads me to believe that he is seeing this injury length after the WC game during the divisional week. If that's the case, he is done for the season.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:10 PM   #5
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo
But he got hurt in the WC game. Typically the only injuries I've noticed that are given a length aside from the same game short term injuries are season enders. This leads me to believe that he is seeing this injury length after the WC game during the divisional week. If that's the case, he is done for the season.
That is not correct. I've definitely had injuries that healed within the same season, but I never actually paid attention to how they were calculated.

Basically, will be miss 4 weeks or be ready in 4 weeks?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC
That is not correct. I've definitely had injuries that healed within the same season, but I never actually paid attention to how they were calculated.

If you are in a week and it says he is injured it will include that week. So if you are still in the wild card round and on the injury report it says he is out 4 weeks it is including that week so he would be out WC, Div, Championship, and Pro bowl. If you have already advanced to the divisional round and it says he is out for 4 weeks then he is out for Div, Champ, Pro bowl, and superbowl.
Year 3 - 11-5
Old 01-27-2014, 05:22 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlluminatusUIUC

In my experience he'll miss 4. I'm not sure if upping his toughness while injured reduces this. I recently upped McFadden's toughness 10-15 points and the very next game he was injured on his third rush (abdominal strain - missed a few downs) and then on his 5th carry he tore his pectoral and will be out for the season.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:25 PM   #8
Pro

Remember when Madden had players who could play while injured? You could play guys who were Questionable or Probable. I wonder why they did away with that? I like it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »