Home

Online doesn't reward skilled players.

This is a discussion on Online doesn't reward skilled players. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-26-2014, 05:19 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17
Online doesn't reward skilled players.

I've played about 200 games online, and while fun, it's frustrating. I'm tired of the three point shootouts, the slamming of the steal button which leads to success more then it should, the garbage offensive rebounding, It's just too arcadey at times.

You shouldn't be able to just hoist threes all game and stay in the contest. My record is 102 and 89 currently, played every kind of player on there, and the wrong players get rewarded. God forbid someone tries to run an offense realistically, it will just be offset by guys making three after three, until your forced to play like them.

And get rid of the player getting hot. It's ridiculous. Played a game where I made about 6 threes in a row with Wall. Because he was on fire. But it didn't feel realistic. Why 2k ? Why? This **** isn't real Nba simulation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2014, 02:56 PM   #2
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Online doesn't reward skilled players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
I've played about 200 games online, and while fun, it's frustrating. I'm tired of the three point shootouts, the slamming of the steal button which leads to success more then it should, the garbage offensive rebounding, It's just too arcadey at times.

You shouldn't be able to just hoist threes all game and stay in the contest. My record is 102 and 89 currently, played every kind of player on there, and the wrong players get rewarded. God forbid someone tries to run an offense realistically, it will just be offset by guys making three after three, until your forced to play like them.

And get rid of the player getting hot. It's ridiculous. Played a game where I made about 6 threes in a row with Wall. Because he was on fire. But it didn't feel realistic. Why 2k ? Why? This **** isn't real Nba simulation.
yeah i won like 12 games in a row after i lost my first couple games. then after that winning streak i was losing games against ridiculous players. i played a game where i was the warriors going against the spurs and it was a 1-2 point game through the first half then all off a sudden my opponent just kept making threes with hands right in his face and id miss wide open threes with curry and thompson. the point where i really knew the game just wanted me to lose was when i passed it right to curry and the ball just bounced right off his hands and into a spurs players hands.... it was at that point that i gave up playing online. its the same as it is every year.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:45 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 19

on line is based off of the masses. and the masses are mostly casual gamers and young folks.
Id say find some sim players, with house rules to your liking.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:46 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:

I dont mind the ICONS just wish we could turn it off. again that is something for the casuals and the young folks.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:37 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
on line is based off of the masses. and the masses are mostly casual gamers and young folks.
Id say find some sim players, with house rules to your liking.
I realize that, but quick match just shouldn't be so generic. Sometimes I'm just trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Have you ever had one of those game's where you just can't grab an offensive rebound if your life depended on it.

And then it's the other way around. I don't believe there's a comeback code, but it is strange how players just forget how to take care of the ball, or quit finishing. Or the excessive kicked ball violations, I understand it will never be perfect. But if they just cut somebody the cheap ****, it would be fantastic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2014, 10:05 PM   #6
Rookie

Wade2men's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

1001% agree with this post my friend, it's one of the reasons why 2K11 is still the GOAT IMO.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:59 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I fully agree with the steal (impossible to run plays) and offensive rebound complaints. The complaining about threes on the other hand is way out of control. I usually take anywhere between 15 and 25 threes in a game, afterwards i sometimes get berated for my "3 point cheese".

Do people really expect me to pass up wide open threes with good 3pt shooters? Often there's no other option than shooting threes since there's 4 defenders in the paint and my opponent is controlling one of those. Do people honestly think that i'm gonna pass up the shot and drive into a packed paint to miss a layup or pull up for a mid ranger with an extremely slow gather? Yeah... no.

Sure i get annoyed when my opponent hits a couple contested threes (i play on ball and close out manually), however in my experience it's not nearly as bad as people claim around here. My defense obviously leaves me vulnerable to drives, every tactic has its downside.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:58 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

I don't blame people for taking alot of threes, I blame 2k for making them too easy. The default setting must be pro, because it's just too easy. If you get a guy's shot down, it just gets ridiculous. I wish it was set on real fg%, and then I think it would be fair.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »