Home

Should i buy NBA 2k14?

This is a discussion on Should i buy NBA 2k14? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Should i buy NBA 2k14?

hey guys, i really want to get your opinions on if i should buy this game for PS4, i've heard so much about the glitches and freezing while loading the game and it has me a little nervous about getting it, i mean the problems can't be that bad... right??? is this game unplayable or can i still play it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2014, 02:45 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Should i buy NBA 2k14?

Buy it, ...& yes the problems are that bad but the Park is highly enjoyable. If it decided to work.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Cleveland Rocks's Arena

No unless you only care about graphics and quick game matches.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:40 PM   #4
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Rocks
No unless you only care about graphics and quick game matches.
This is so untrue. Why post this kind of nonsense?

To the OP: I bought 2K14 recently and it was the best single purchase I've made in a long time.

Now, keep this in mind: I only play offline. My 2K is un-patched. If you're interested in MyGM, I'd say absolutely yes. Buy it. But, if MyTeam is important to you, than it's really a personal decision. Some people have never crashed or had corrupted files. Some (a lot) have.

As an offline only player, this game is remarkable. It's beautiful and deep. Tough, but fair. But patches have made it unstable.

My recommendation to you would be to read the forums here and make the best decision that works for you. I lurked here for over a month before I pulled the trigger. But I knew what I was getting.

And don't regret it for a second. But that's just me.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:44 PM   #5
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
This is so untrue. Why post this kind of nonsense?

To the OP: I bought 2K14 recently and it was the best single purchase I've made in a long time.

Now, keep this in mind: I only play offline. My 2K is un-patched. If you're interested in MyGM, I'd say absolutely yes. Buy it. But, if MyTeam is important to you, than it's really a personal decision. Some people have never crashed or had corrupted files. Some (a lot) have.

As an offline only player, this game is remarkable. It's beautiful and deep. Tough, but fair. But patches have made it unstable.

My recommendation to you would be to read the forums here and make the best decision that works for you. I lurked here for over a month before I pulled the trigger. But I knew what I was getting.

And don't regret it for a second. But that's just me.
How would I go about playing 2k offline? Being offline, which rosters do you end up using?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2014, 04:56 PM   #6
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
How would I go about playing 2k offline? Being offline, which rosters do you end up using?
The Default rosters. This doesn't bother me but I could see it being a big deal for others.

Playing offline is easy. I updated my PS4 with a flash drive (though it's not necessary) and then disabled the internet on the console before installing 2K14.

Now, un-patched 2K14 is not bug free. But fortunately, any major issue has very well documented workarounds (unlike the game in its current "patched" state). The only major bug offline with 2K is being unable to adjust game minutes in MyCareer (which is locked at 6 minute quarters, unfortunately).

But yeah, I'm running a MyGM now and having the most fun, most sim sports gaming experience I've had in awhile!

I just set it up to Pro Simulation with Real FG% and 12 minute quarters and dove right in. And I don't think I'll be looking back for quite some time.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

If you can pick it up for really cheap yes, otherwise I'd say no. Too many game breaking issues that will make games unplayable at times.

AI help defence logic is broken,
Latency from the controller makes it extremely hard to stay in front of the ball handler at times.

And dont get me started with server lag....
Old 01-23-2014, 09:13 PM   #8

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

It really depends on where you plan to invest your time in the game ? what mode(s) ? Do you plan to play online or offline ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »