Home

PS4 league starting up.....

This is a discussion on PS4 league starting up..... within the NBA 2K Basketball Online forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-18-2014, 01:16 AM   #1
Pro

MakePlaysOrDie's Arena

OVR: 10
PS4 league starting up.....

Hey fellas, I know 2k has had their issues this year with servers and especially online leagues, but once the online league issues are fixed I was planning on starting a league on PS4. I've played in many online leagues in 2k12, 2k13, and 2k14. I ran my own league as well in 2k13. I'm a very relaxed commissioner and we wont have problems unless you are disrespectful or break the rules. We will be using a 2kdaddy.com website once we get enough people and get up and running. As far as rules go my leagues are more relaxed than some and more strict than others. Basketball is a game of rhythm and flow and I believe too many rules ruin that, while no rules just create a league full of chaos and inflated stats. The rules are as follows.

Superstar difficulty

6 or 7 min quarters (will be voted on)

Length of season will also be voted on

No cheese, meaning NO:

Euro 3s

Zone abuse

Off ball d for extended periods of time

Excessive 3pt shooting

Excessive spin dunks.

Must use more than 1 or 2 players.

Must use bench players. I guess this doesn't need to be a rule as fatigue will force bench minutes.

Running plays is encouraged.

Running fast break and isolation all game is not allowed.

Oh yeah and NO QUITTING

I am open to using regular teams or doing a fantasy draft, I think a good way to decide this would be to put it to a league wide vote, majority rules. If regular teams are decided on then a random hat drawing system will be used to decide the order in which we choose teams. For example, if my name was drawn first then I could pick any team, if it was drawn last I would get the only open team by default. This is the best and most fair way I know to decide teams. This only works if every guy is open to the possibility of having a great pick or a not so great pick. I don't care which pick I get, I expect this league to last multiple seasons so a rebuilding project like the Bucks, Jazz, or Magic can be fun. If fantasy draft is chosen then it would be first come first serve for your team, since all you care about then is logos, uniforms, and arenas, so it isn't a huge deal which team you end up with.

I like to have 3-4 people working with me as co-commissioners. It helps having people in charge with you to bounce ideas off of, and creates a checks and balances system so no one player will have more influence than anyone else. In addition to the commissioners, there will be a trade council to oversee all aspects of trading. Most of the time trades are passed, the trade council is there so there are no outrageous Amare for Blake Griffin or Gerald Wallace for Steph Curry trades.

If you are interested in joining please do not hesitate to hit me up on here. I will be checking this post multiple times a day. Also, feel free to send me a private message with any and all questions. If you would like to be a co-commish let me know that as well. This is a league for people of all races, ages, genders, and experience levels. All you have to do is respect everyone and follow the rules and you will be just fine.

PS4- xXB-TomahawkChop
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2014, 12:50 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PS4 league starting up.....

Well, where to start:

1: You can't set difficulty. Leagues are Pro difficulty, always.

2: You can't set quarter length. I think it defaults to 8 minutes.

3: You can't have a fantasy draft, it's not an option.

4: I don't know if you can have co-commissioners, as I'm not sure what powers commissioners even have in the new league system.

5: I don't even know if you can do trades in the new league system to be honest.

6: There's no multiple season options on leagues on Next Gen. It's one season at a time. There's no rebuilding really.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:28 AM   #3
Pro

MakePlaysOrDie's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PS4 league starting up.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrok
Well, where to start:

1: You can't set difficulty. Leagues are Pro difficulty, always.

2: You can't set quarter length. I think it defaults to 8 minutes.

3: You can't have a fantasy draft, it's not an option.

4: I don't know if you can have co-commissioners, as I'm not sure what powers commissioners even have in the new league system.

5: I don't even know if you can do trades in the new league system to be honest.

6: There's no multiple season options on leagues on Next Gen. It's one season at a time. There's no rebuilding really.

Well then, 2k really dropped the ball on this one. Thanks for letting me know all of this. I sort of assumed since you could do all those things this year on a next gen console because you could on 2k13 on ps3 or 360. Way to go 2k

PS4- xXB-TomahawkChop

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Online »