Home

Developing WRs and TEs?

This is a discussion on Developing WRs and TEs? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-17-2014, 02:00 PM   #1
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7
Developing WRs and TEs?

Honestly, because the xp prices on physical attributes are so high, how do you develop the ball handlers in this game?

Has anyone managed to develop a true star receiver or do you just have to draft a monster and go from there?

I'm just a little irritated with how mediocre my WRs are in my Oakland franchise and outside of free agent signings, I can't get a receiver over 6 foot 1 whose really worth the money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2014, 06:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Developing WRs and TEs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
Honestly, because the xp prices on physical attributes are so high, how do you develop the ball handlers in this game?

Has anyone managed to develop a true star receiver or do you just have to draft a monster and go from there?

I'm just a little irritated with how mediocre my WRs are in my Oakland franchise and outside of free agent signings, I can't get a receiver over 6 foot 1 whose really worth the money.
I feel like WRs and TEs are easy to make really good in this game. Just focus on drafting/signing guys with good speed, accel, and agility ratings. The rest you can improve with XP at a decent price. Focus on catching, catch in traffic, and route running to improve WRs and TEs. You'll see a difference fairly quickly.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:25 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 1

I think AWR is often overlooked. For young wr's it is always cheap and when you upgrade it you will notice a big difference in the number of misthrows from your qb.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #4
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Developing WRs and TEs?

In terms of drafting them about the only thing that really matters is physical attributes. CTH and CIT are cheap to upgrade for rookies. I have 2 6' 5" beasts at WR in a CFM that are in their 1st and 2nd years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA
Old 01-18-2014, 05:22 PM   #5
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
I think AWR is often overlooked. For young wr's it is always cheap and when you upgrade it you will notice a big difference in the number of misthrows from your qb.
Is this really true. Cool If it is Ive just never heard it before. I guess it would simulate QB and WR being on the same page.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2014, 10:50 PM   #6
Rookie

lol no its not true. Some of these "theories" these kids come up with is hilarious, such as the above statement, or his overall is 80 but he he plays better than that, or that predictability influences contract negations. Lmao where do people come up with this crap?

It would be the same as me saying players are more likely to sign with you if you have a winning team, or that certain players can "gel" together and be a better team.

Come on people, done be insane. We all know EA isn't the most creative when it comes to madden, so its pretty same to assume these so called "theories" are complete garbage.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:18 PM   #7
Banned

If you're doing a fantasy draft, there is a column "development" which will show you if they are slow., normal, quick or star. A nice feature they actually took the time to add for once.

Draft players that have the skillset you want them to be.

If you want a fast receiver, draft a fast receiver. If he has good SPC then he's what you're looking for. Draft guys that have low AWR and high attributes that are the most expensive to improve.

You're not going to make a slow receiver fast.

Then just get them the ball.

My fantasy draft team is run 1st 2nd and 3rd but Percy Harvin still gets 10-15 catches a game. Throw screens and switch to a smoke route if they play off coverage.

If you throw your receiver 23 passes or whatever the record is I'm pretty sure he'll get a lot of XP.

Especially if he catches 24 the next week.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:35 PM   #8
Rookie

snyder5man's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostone
lol no its not true. Some of these "theories" these kids come up with is hilarious, such as the above statement, or his overall is 80 but he he plays better than that, or that predictability influences contract negations. Lmao where do people come up with this crap?

It would be the same as me saying players are more likely to sign with you if you have a winning team, or that certain players can "gel" together and be a better team.

Come on people, done be insane. We all know EA isn't the most creative when it comes to madden, so its pretty same to assume these so called "theories" are complete garbage.

You just might be right! They might have it all wrong. But.......before you bash everyone on here, please enlighten all of us. Not everyone has it all figured out, like yourself. People post their thoughts, so that it might help others. You called their thoughts crap and garbage, but never proved it. Some of the stuff EA does can't be understood, because it doesn't do anything. But that is my opinion. Thanks, in advance, for trying to help this thread by answering what we are missing. But if not.....that kind of makes you a troll.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »