Home

im no madden expert what are some easy ways to defend read options/qb wraparounds

This is a discussion on im no madden expert what are some easy ways to defend read options/qb wraparounds within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-16-2014, 11:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
im no madden expert what are some easy ways to defend read options/qb wraparounds

ok so im a casual madden player don't know all the ends and out don't do any extra stuff i pretty much just call a play and run it type of madden player so i don't know too much about containing the read option i do know LT+A contains the qb but then how do i stop the big yardage up the middle? all i play is MUT and this is pretty much everybodys main offense spam options no huddle etc... need some EASY tips to help slow it down
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2014, 04:05 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: im no madden expert what are some easy ways to defend read options/qb wraparounds

thanks for the advice you guys are the best
Old 01-16-2014, 04:47 PM   #3
Rookie

riggs6taters's Arena

Re: im no madden expert what are some easy ways to defend read options/qb wraparounds

lol at your second comment.

But what I usually do against people running read option is move the d-line towards the RB's side and play as the OLB/SS/nickel or dime CB that is on that same side to attack the QB if he comes my way.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #4
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

hot audible option read RB. Hot audible Linebacker to qb spy or manually play it yourself. watchout for the triple option
Old 01-16-2014, 08:08 PM   #5
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

In addition to what everyone else has said and what Matt said, QB spys and QB contains work well (also, QB Contains help counter the screen!) which shut out the outside option, which then allows you to take control of the middle and stop the HB dive.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2014, 08:37 PM   #6
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
In addition to what everyone else has said and what Matt said, QB spys and QB contains work well (also, QB Contains help counter the screen!) which shut out the outside option, which then allows you to take control of the middle and stop the HB dive.
I just always get caught on a block trying to manually play the middle, I can manually play the outside run better, thats why I suggested my way. If you play the middle well manually, Brayden's way is excellent.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:40 PM   #7
Rookie

appreciate the answers ill have to try these out cant believe one play could be so cheesey i have kaepernick and a read option playbook(redskins) in my MUT and almost never run it its that cheesey and i not the type of person to cheese one play i use the playbook even if i run plays im not 100% comfortable running them yet.

all people do is come out in a read option then no huddle(so the read option will always be there base play) then audible to a pass normal or playaction then no huddle to a hb stretch or some other run play then no huddle back to read option and rinse and repeat i usually just quit as soon as some body no huddles right after running a read option i could be up by 7 in the 4th with one minute to go and once somebody does it ill say screw it and quit because i know i wont be able to stop it and to keep playing would be a frustrating loss cause

i don't understand why people abuse the most overpowered(if you've perfected it then its op major) play on the game and just spam it ive played someone who literally drove from there own 20 yard line down the field to score running nothing but this option no huddle nothing i did worked he always made the right read if i played either the qb or hb and would take off every 2 plays with the RB was a first down and when i started playing the HB the qb takes off for 20+ yards or a touch down at worse its so cheap

i don't care if you run an option a few times but when you run it like 5-10 times in one drive thats just cheese

I JUST WROTE AN ESSAY LOL THATS HOW MAD IT MAKES ME
Old 01-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #8
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djm22
appreciate the answers ill have to try these out cant believe one play could be so cheesey i have kaepernick and a read option playbook(redskins) in my MUT and almost never run it its that cheesey and i not the type of person to cheese one play i use the playbook even if i run plays im not 100% comfortable running them yet.

all people do is come out in a read option then no huddle(so the read option will always be there base play) then audible to a pass normal or playaction then no huddle to a hb stretch or some other run play then no huddle back to read option and rinse and repeat i usually just quit as soon as some body no huddles right after running a read option i could be up by 7 in the 4th with one minute to go and once somebody does it ill say screw it and quit because i know i wont be able to stop it and to keep playing would be a frustrating loss cause

i don't understand why people abuse the most overpowered(if you've perfected it then its op major) play on the game and just spam it ive played someone who literally drove from there own 20 yard line down the field to score running nothing but this option no huddle nothing i did worked he always made the right read if i played either the qb or hb and would take off every 2 plays with the RB was a first down and when i started playing the HB the qb takes off for 20+ yards or a touch down at worse its so cheap

i don't care if you run an option a few times but when you run it like 5-10 times in one drive thats just cheese

I JUST WROTE AN ESSAY LOL THATS HOW MAD IT MAKES ME
yup that is why most any sim players refuse to play a lobby game, cause all the kids in there are all about trying to get high on the ranking board for online play. trying to top that leaderboard, of cheese. lobby games are just that, for lobby, no skill whatsoever players, who can only use exploits to win , cause they have no real football IQ . Possibly even hardly any IQ at all . ANYONE could win alot using exploits, real men play sim. its that simple. sounds to me like you need to find a good SIM league to be a part of . to keep you from having to deal with kids like that.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »