Home

When You Play MyPlayer Do You Put Up Huge Number Consistently?

This is a discussion on When You Play MyPlayer Do You Put Up Huge Number Consistently? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-15-2014, 02:10 PM   #1
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24
When You Play MyPlayer Do You Put Up Huge Numbers Consistently?

When I first decided to go all in on a MyPlayer, I put it at 12 minute quarters. Naturally. But it got super boring super quick because I with all that time, I could easily put up 25 ppg as an entry level player. As I got better it was turning into 35-45 point nights on the regular, and it got even more boring.

So finally I dropped it all the way down to 6 minutes and things started to pick up. At first I felt weird because the scores were so low, but I was actually starting to have fun so I ignored the 'sim' player in me, at least for a little longer. And i am glad I did.

Now, my PG really has to go off to get 25 and 10. Games went from dragging and dragging on to me wishing there were more time on the clock, which results in crazy progression from playing game-after-game-after-game.

Maybe some of you want to put up, or feel like you should put up 40 a night and that is cool. Me personally, I never played basketball organized, (I played Baseball, LAX, and Hockey...can you guess what race I am?) so it doesn't really seem right for me to go out and dominate on the court. I like to keep it how I would actually play in real life. Distribution on the drive, calling plays, and hitting the 3.

Oh and I have never and will never buy a dunk package. I can't dunk in real-life, so I try and emulate that too. All layups baby. FUNDAMENTALS.

So what is it for you? Do you go out and put up 40 with ease and love every second of it, or do you try and restrain some aspect of the game to make it more challenging?

Last edited by dukebeatsuncagain; 01-16-2014 at 02:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 04:24 PM   #2
sk
God's Son.

sk's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: When You Play MyPlayer Do You Put Up Huge Number Consistently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebeatsuncagain
When I first decided to go all in on a MyPlayer, I put it at 12 minute quarters. Naturally. But it got super boring super quick because I with all that time, I could easily put up 25 ppg as an entry level player. As I got better it was turning into 35-45 point nights on the regular, and it got even more boring.

So finally I dropped it all the way down to 6 minutes and things started to pick up. At first I felt weird because the scores were so low, but I was actually starting to have fun so I ignored the 'sim' player in me, at least for a little longer. And i am glad I did.

Now, my PG really has to go off to get 25 and 10. Games went from dragging and dragging on to me wishing there were more time on the clock, which results in crazy progression from playing game-after-game-after-game.

Maybe some of you want to put up, or feel like you should put up 40 a night and that is cool. Me personally, I never played basketball organized, (I played Baseball, LAX, and Hockey...can you guess what race I am?) so it doesn't really seem right for me to go out and dominate on the court. I like to keep it how I would actually play in real life. Distribution on the drive, calling plays, and hitting the 3.

Oh and I have never and will never buy a dunk package. I can't dunk in real-life, so I try and emulate that too. All layups baby. FUNDAMENTALS.

So what is it for you? Do you go out and put up 40 with ease and love every second of it, or do you try and restrain some aspect of the game to make it more challenging?
Do you play on rookie difficulty?

Do you play a sim style? Yes if you play a JR Smith type of basketball then you can score at will but if you are looking to play a balanced overall game, it's not easy to rack up a lot of assists or rebounds while scoring a bunch.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:38 PM   #3
Banned

Superstar/Sim.

I have just played 2k for so so so long, I just know what the AI is going to do at certain times and can capitalize on it.

As far as 'playing like JR Smith' not at all. I always pass first trying to others involved but if they sag off, and I am open from the outside, I'm not NOT going to take the shot.

Either way, I'm not really asking for advise here, just seeing if people who regularly play MyPlayer regularly put up huge numbers. I look at youtube videos of people playing and they have 45 in the 3rd. I'm happy playing, just seeing how other attack this mode.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:13 PM   #4
MVP

sleepyshotta's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm averaging 61ppg with my SG (2nd year) right now. I'm scoring a lot because I'm trying to get somewhere close to the all-time scoring leader, if not to the top of the list. I also have a C(2nd yr) whom I play within the offense with, and I have kind of regular numbers(30 and 15) with him.

Check out my YouTube videos @ YouTube.com/sleepynate718
Old 01-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #5
Knicks/Jets/Yankees

ThatKidNamedTae's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyshotta
I'm averaging 61ppg with my SG (2nd year) right now. I'm scoring a lot because I'm trying to get somewhere close to the all-time scoring leader, if not to the top of the list. I also have a C(2nd yr) whom I play within the offense with, and I have kind of regular numbers(30 and 15) with him.

Check out my YouTube videos @ YouTube.com/sleepynate718
"regular".

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
2/22/2015

Just wanted to mark this as the day the acquisition of Kendrick Perkins sparked a debate about stacking your team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 07:56 PM   #6
Banned

I'm averaging 13.3 ppg with 4.4 apg, and 2.2 reb per game as a Rookie PG on the Knicks.

With those number in the real NBA I would be 3rd in scoring, 3rd in apg, and 6th in rebounding.

I would say that is a pretty competitive stat line.

That is kind of what I am saying, I really would never feel right scoring 61 ppg...ever. But, at 12 minute quarters...I probably could. And for a 6'2 rookie PG, that is ridiculous for me.

Anyone else?
Old 01-15-2014, 08:31 PM   #7
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0

I've talked about this before and as a pg your job isn't to put up big numbers. The challenge is to get realistic-wish numbers and also have your teammates do well. I highly doubt that your teammates enjoy playing 20 mpg and I doubt they enjoy scoring 10 ppg. The problem with shorter quarters is it's damn near impossible to have your teammates have a good game as well as yourself. If you were really a Sim player you would average anywhere from 17-20 ppg and 6-8 assists with a few rebounds. The problem is, it's really hard to get your teammates good scoring numbers consistently. Even when playing with good players because it seems that great players can't or won't play well when you are on the same team. I've had games where I put up 85 points and I don't enjoy it nearly as much as when Paul George or Dirk score 40. But that's the thing, you can't run a real offense. There is so much CPU cheese in this game my career is unplayable for me. Whether it's every big man is a beast on the glass for the other team or they make every turn around jumper from the post, to psychic defense stealing simple entry passes to me jogging to get back on defense even tho I'm in perfect position to get in the way of their fast break. I can't wait to get my ps4 because a lot of my issues like poor spacing and not enough buckets from teammates to the absolute dreaded 3 second shoot release. It's really pathetic that they've done absolutely nothing in 5 years to make this game mode play any better.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:42 PM   #8
Banned

"If I was really a sim player."

Ahh I see...

No.

See, my other teammates don't really care about playing 20 minutes per game because...they aren't real people it is a video game. So lucky for me that isn't a factor...at all.

Once again, NOT ASKING FOR ADVISE ON HOW TO PLAY 'SIM'...just seeing if people really play this game and put up unrealistic numbers...and you do. 81 in a game is something I should NEVER be able to do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »