Home

AFC Championship: "Brady v. Manning XV" #2 New England Patriots @ #1 Denver Broncos

This is a discussion on AFC Championship: "Brady v. Manning XV" #2 New England Patriots @ #1 Denver Broncos within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-12-2014, 07:52 PM   #1
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25
AFC Championship: "Brady v. Manning XV" #2 New England Patriots @ #1 Denver Broncos

My my, how times have changed... kinda.

It's the new and improved Peyton "Evil" Manning, brought to you by Papa John's...

... against Mr. Ugg Boots himself; 3-time Super Bowl champion and the Undisputed Champion of Awkward Hi-Fives, Mr. Tom Brady!

But in all seriousness, respect these two living legends. This might be the last time you see them on the field together at the same time...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2014, 08:08 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23
Re: AFC Championship: "Brady v. Manning XV" #2 New England Patriots @ #1 Denver Bronc

Two thoughts:

1. Welp, according to the pre-game hype, none of the other guys on these teams should even show up. You might as well have a QB skills contest between Brady and Manning. Looking forward to seeing which QB is better at throwing a ball through a tire.

2. If Peyton Manning loses this game and he retires at the end of this year for medical reasons…yeah…it would encapsulate his career in the eyes of his critics. I hope for his sake that he wins.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:20 PM   #3
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: AFC Championship: "Brady v. Manning XV" #2 New England Patriots @ #1 Denver Bronc

This is the game I projected when the playoffs started. Such a tough call. Brady's had the edge in this rivalry...which is why I'm picking the Broncos to win. Denver has looked unstoppable IMO, and will win this close game. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the Patriots won. This game absolutely could go either way.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 01-12-2014, 09:02 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Too early to share any thoughts on what I think will or won't' happen. Though, I may leave those thoughts to myself. My predictions/projections lately have not exactly gone well.

What I can say is why not have one more Brady led team face off against a Manning led team playoff showdown. Could be the last time we are able to witness these two on the field against each other in the playoffs. Both nervous and excited already. Gonna be a long week.

Sent using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2014, 09:09 PM   #5
Rookie

JohnnyP1119's Arena

OVR: 2

This is awesome...so glad were gonna get this again.

IMO I think Denver gets it. I just feel that they will outlast NE and that Manning will get 1 more shot at a championship.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2014, 11:33 PM   #6
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Save us, Denver.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:44 PM   #7
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I don't have a feel for this game yet but thank goodness for the NFC matchup blunting yet ANOTHER year of the Brady/Manning overhype. It'll be there but at least it'll be a little bit muted.

I feel like Denver should win this but like I said I need to think this one out a bit. My irrational side wants New England to get their asses beat though.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 01-13-2014, 12:55 AM   #8
Pro

osubucki6's Arena

OVR: 0

This might be the first time in a while the we could have a matchup have preseason favorites to be in the super bowl.(Other then Atlanta and Houston, wow that was bad) Think about it, preseason most predictions were Broncos-Seahawks, Broncos-49ers, Patriots-Seahawks, Patriots-49ers. I would be happy with all these matchups but I got the Patriots winning this 42-39 with Prater missing a kick wide left to end the game. I also got the Seahawks winning 26-12. That would be a great Super Bowl matchup of two QB's who were told "oh you're not tall enough, or you're not good enough." One definite Hall of Famer and another possible one in Brady! Just kidding Brady is a first ballot HOF and if Wilson keeps this up he too will be first ballot. But I think if that is the Super Bowl matchup it will be a running battle with either Brady or Wilson having to lead a game-winning drive with under 2 minutes to go.
NBA-Sonics :'(

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »