Home

BBB Complaints

This is a discussion on BBB Complaints within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-08-2014, 10:55 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
BBB Complaints

After having my 95 overall unplayable for two weeks now, a ticket response with questions I already answered in the original ticket and the lack of response from 2K regardless of how many tweets I send; I was forced to file a BBB complaint.

While I was doing so, I noticed they have 68 complaints filed and 68 complaints resolved. I read a few and it seems a those who filed an official complaint have had their VC and/or files restored.

I encourage those who have diligently tried to get a response from 2K about unplayable files to file a complaint with the BBB.

Here is the link and good luck:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-franc...vato-ca-146378

After a few days, my complaint was officially reviewed by BBB, deemed legitimate and sent to 2K. I will report here with their response and/or success.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2014, 11:04 AM   #2
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: BBB Complaints

Is that regional or total?

Regardless, the fact that they can resolve 68 out of 68 cases but can't bother giving you the time of day unless you take it to the BBB, wasting your time and energy, is a slap in the face to their buyers.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:14 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
Is that regional or total?

Regardless, the fact that they can resolve 68 out of 68 cases but can't bother giving you the time of day unless you take it to the BBB, wasting your time and energy, is a slap in the face to their buyers.
I agree 100%. I am stern but professional on Twitter and they blatantly ignore me. After replying telling me to open a ticket, I get a lackluster response to it and suddenly my tweets and tickets are ignored.

I work in the financial industry and had to pass multiple licensing and law examinations. One thing I learned about service is that WRITTEN COMPLAINTS, even if it is on a damn postit, makes it official and companies want to avoid them at all costs. Tickets are nothing more than support requests but when you file an official complaint, companies are forced to oblige or receive unresolved strikes to their company.

As a consumer you have rights and a companies refusal to respond to complaints or honor their side of retail regulations is a big no no.

I'm not sure if it is regional or not. But MONSY of the complaints are about 2K14.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:32 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I actually submitted a claim a couple of days ago after reading about users who had been doing so. I took a look, the same as you did and noticed they have actually been addressing issues submitted in this way, which seem to be the ONLY way to get through to them. My claim was just submitted to 2K via BBB and is awaiting a response from them. I've been unable to play my existing MyCareer or MyGM saves for at least 3 weeks now, and am also not able to create new ones. I've had minimal response from 2K through support tickets, most of which has been canned response, and even more annoying is that the company itself has not really acknowledged the problem. I submitted a claim saying that the product was defective and requesting a refund for the amount of the game, plus the small amount of VC I purchased. It's not really about the money, it's more about sending a message to 2K that they really need to step their game up and improve their service/product if they want to keep their customers.

We'll see what happens...
Old 01-08-2014, 12:24 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendarySJ
I actually submitted a claim a couple of days ago after reading about users who had been doing so. I took a look, the same as you did and noticed they have actually been addressing issues submitted in this way, which seem to be the ONLY way to get through to them. My claim was just submitted to 2K via BBB and is awaiting a response from them. I've been unable to play my existing MyCareer or MyGM saves for at least 3 weeks now, and am also not able to create new ones. I've had minimal response from 2K through support tickets, most of which has been canned response, and even more annoying is that the company itself has not really acknowledged the problem. I submitted a claim saying that the product was defective and requesting a refund for the amount of the game, plus the small amount of VC I purchased. It's not really about the money, it's more about sending a message to 2K that they really need to step their game up and improve their service/product if they want to keep their customers.

We'll see what happens...
I hope it works out for you man.

Personally, I don't even want a refund for the game. I already created a new profile so I can actually play a new My Career. I just want to be refunded for the VC I earned. I earned, not paid, over 180,000 VC through playing. Plus I think I bought around 15k VC. I had a 95 overall with the sickest dunk packages and all signature skills maxed out.

I can't get back the time I spent so that's why I want that VC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2014, 12:32 PM   #6
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

when people half-*** their complaints or effort to be helped like this it makes all of it meaningless because they can just blame consumers

if you are going to be upset and complain to the company make sure you are actually giving them info that can possibly help...

Last edited by turty11; 01-08-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:46 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
when people half-*** their complaints or effort to be helped like this it makes all of it meaningless because they can just blame consumers

if you are going to be upset and complain to the company make sure you are actually giving them info that can possibly help...
What are you even talking about?

I'm not sure I even understand your post....

I explicitly followed the directions of their ticket system and response questions to ensure they had a the proper information to both sort out the issue, help honor their side via support and rectify the prominent issues that plague players including myself.

Upon doing so and despite their auto generated response that states I will receive a response within 24-48 business hours, I received no response besides a lackluster one that seemed as if the rep didn't even read my ticket. That was over 2 weeks ago.

If that doesn't warrant taking more stern action, than I don't know what planet you live on.

Last edited by Crookid; 01-08-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:01 PM   #8
Rookie

Eagle80's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
I hope it works out for you man.

Personally, I don't even want a refund for the game. I already created a new profile so I can actually play a new My Career. I just want to be refunded for the VC I earned. I earned, not paid, over 180,000 VC through playing. Plus I think I bought around 15k VC. I had a 95 overall with the sickest dunk packages and all signature skills maxed out.

I can't get back the time I spent so that's why I want that VC.
Hey Crookid,
Can you lay out the steps for what you did to enable you to play MyCareer? would be much appriciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »