Home

Best drafted Cornerbacks

This is a discussion on Best drafted Cornerbacks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-07-2014, 10:09 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Best drafted Cornerbacks

I'm desperately in the need of a top tier CB and I'm planning on drafting one. It's the only position I really need to address, so I'm willing to trade up to grab a good one. I saw some real good corners come out of last year's draft with 90+ speed, 80+ strength and hit power. Currently, in my franchise, they're doing the Shady Monroe storyline. Does anyone know any really good corners in that draft class?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 10:50 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Best drafted Cornerbacks

There are only a few good ones. Once you're in about 10th year you'll see how crappy they are in deed. Id say the best one is Buchannon, projected a later pick out of the Narcisse draft, Other wise reed very high pick, or meeks ( as durable as glass) is good when he actually is on field
Old 01-08-2014, 12:22 PM   #3
Just started!

Check the long draft guide thread at the top of this forum. It has a guide on every draft, including the one you are working on right now. They are named after the top QB in the draft....Algrenon Keooudom for your draft, right?

If so, there are actually some really good CB options in this draft, including Steele Hatcher who is a later round guy rated in the mid-70s but with Star development or two other guys that will be 1st rounders that are in the 80s and have fast development. You could easily come away with 2 really good young CBs in this draft.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:41 PM   #4
Banned

Also scout catching & m2m coverage for these guys. In general EA decreased extremely fast cb's with star dev's but there are a good amount of tall playmakers who play physical at the line & have a spd rating between 90-92, some up to 94 who make a lot of picks.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

i currently have three of the very best on my roster.

evan bell (ty ponder draft, usually a top 15 pick) 6'1", 196lbs
95 SPD, 87 STR, 90 ACC, 80 AGI
very good CB. starts off in the low 80s. cecil spence is also in his draft and goes in the top 10. he's short, but quicker if i recall correctly.

fisher sargent (dane honani draft, late 1st end or early 2nd end) 5'11", 193lbs
96 SPD, 78 STR, 97 ACC, 74 AGI
starts in the high 80s and is 90 within a year with no XP spent. he's awesome

leon sandcastle (wade hancock draft, take him in the mid 2nd rnd) 6'0", 185lbs
99 SPD, 39 STR, 99 ACC 99 AGI
he's deion sanders. enough said. projected for the third round, he never last that long. starts in the 90s.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2014, 01:04 PM   #6
Banned

Anymore specific guys and draft classes? I've ended up using some fast safeties @ CB who work real well but no true cb's who are top notch ( I have Meeks playing cb great but he was drafted as a FS). I refuse to draft Sandcastle bc he really is the best cb by a huge margin in the game & I used him for few seasons during a CFM I had running on ps3.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #7
Rookie

Not many at all. They all except for a few have some glaring athletic flaw
Old 02-05-2014, 01:31 PM   #8
Rookie

I currently have two on my team now and both are very solid:

Percy Stephens: Adam Braithwaite Draft
Superstar development, 95 SPD, 96 ACC, 88 AGI, 83 Hit power

Courtney Alaeze: Ryon Jelercic Draft
Normal development, 95 SPD, 97 ACC, 84 AGI, 82 STR

In the draft guide it says Stephens has Normal development and Alaeze has Superstar. For some reason in my game it's reversed. Regardless both have done quite well for me and Alaeze I think is only 20 coming into the draft. Stephens is a couple years older.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »