Home

Steven's re-ratings based on SimWorld (PS3 based)

This is a discussion on Steven's re-ratings based on SimWorld (PS3 based) within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-07-2014, 08:54 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
Steven's re-ratings based on SimWorld (PS3 based)

I've been asked to post my re-ratings so here they are. These ratings are based on SimWorld's massive and awesome rework of the wrestler attributes. Why did I do this? Because as a PS3 player, we can't use the file that SimWorld released, and quite frankly, I don't have time to go through 80+ wrestlers and redo all movesets. So I did the next "best" thing. I drastically altered the attributes of the wrestlers to attempt to account for the lack of proper movesets.

How I did it? Well, first I ranked everyone by "main eventer", mid-carder, etc... Then I did a column by column compare / ranking. My equations involved the wrestler's size, ability, and mainly, his "real" world outcomes. CM Punk isn't the biggest guy, but he does win a lot of matches, so his ratings get raised. SPD, REC, and TGH were the big attributes I changed. Next, I would compare each rating to every other wrestler....how would Santino do against CM Punk or Undertaker. Those would be tweaked further. Get the idea? Now, I'm no expert and I don't claim to have any sort of miracle formula. I rated based on what I FELT they should be.

I then tested in numerous matches and tweaked again from there. Recently, I would have random CPU vs CPU matches. What I've seen in the past 5+ is that the wrestler that had a 20 pt overall advantage, basically won 99% of the time, which is what I want. The wrestlers that were close together, put on great matches with length being from 6 mins up to 15 mins (normal not epic).

Also, I've lowered the difficulty to NORMAL (using the same sliders that SimWorld posted but changing DIFF.)

The wrestlers in this sheet are basically the CURRENT WWE ones only. I don't get into NXT, etc, so these are it.

Again, I'm not an expert...I just tweak to what I think is perfect for me with what I have to work with on the PS3. Maybe one year, 2k will allow for Roster Sharing....

Anyway, here they are...test them out...tweak them, etc... But have fun!

Give this link a try:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FE&usp=sharing

Updated List and PDF 1-08-14
Attached Files
File Type: pdf My ratings based on SimWorld.pdf (266.0 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by Steven547; 01-09-2014 at 12:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 10:42 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: Steven's re-ratings based on SimWorld (PS3 based)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
I've been asked to post my re-ratings so here they are. These ratings are based on SimWorld's massive and awesome rework of the wrestler attributes. Why did I do this? Because as a PS3 player, we can't use the file that SimWorld released, and quite frankly, I don't have time to go through 80+ wrestlers and redo all movesets. So I did the next "best" thing. I drastically altered the attributes of the wrestlers to attempt to account for the lack of proper movesets.

How I did it? Well, first I ranked everyone by "main eventer", mid-carder, etc... Then I did a column by column compare / ranking. My equations involved the wrestler's size, ability, and mainly, his "real" world outcomes. CM Punk isn't the biggest guy, but he does win a lot of matches, so his ratings get raised. SPD, REC, and TGH were the big attributes I changed. Next, I would compare each rating to every other wrestler....how would Santino do against CM Punk or Undertaker. Those would be tweaked further. Get the idea? Now, I'm no expert and I don't claim to have any sort of miracle formula. I rated based on what I FELT they should be.

I then tested in numerous matches and tweaked again from there. Recently, I would have random CPU vs CPU matches. What I've seen in the past 5+ is that the wrestler that had a 20 pt overall advantage, basically won 99% of the time, which is what I want. The wrestlers that were close together, put on great matches with length being from 6 mins up to 15 mins (normal not epic).

Also, I've lowered the difficulty to NORMAL (using the same sliders that SimWorld posted but changing DIFF.)

The wrestlers in this sheet are basically the CURRENT WWE ones only. I don't get into NXT, etc, so these are it.

Again, I'm not an expert...I just tweak to what I think is perfect for me with what I have to work with on the PS3. Maybe one year, 2k will allow for Roster Sharing....

Anyway, here they are...test them out...tweak them, etc... But have fun!
Any chance of uploading this file differently? I'm having an issue opening it.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:59 PM   #3
MVP

Tried a different zip format. Give that a shot.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Looks really. How do you compare your reratings to the one Simworld has on his & hyperballers excel sheet?

I can already see strike power is complete opposite from they hsve going on over there. I love trying new things

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 01-07-2014, 11:22 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Tried a different zip format. Give that a shot.
It's not the zip file. I think it's because I don't have Microsoft Office on my laptop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 11:29 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
It's not the zip file. I think it's because I don't have Microsoft Office on my laptop.
Added a PDF
Old 01-07-2014, 11:45 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Added a PDF
Sweet. That worked. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:23 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiitsweak87
Looks really. How do you compare your reratings to the one Simworld has on his & hyperballers excel sheet?

I can already see strike power is complete opposite from they hsve going on over there. I love trying new things

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
I didn't really compare. I used their sheet as a basis and what they were going for (longer matches, etc) But they have implemented move sets as part of their formula. And as they said, each move set delivers certain damage and considering the CPU doesn't use all the moves during a CPU vs CPU match, I had to over-rate or under-rate wrestlers. Especially if you don't want to overhaul the moves.

That's the big reason for the increase in strike power. Unless you overhaul the moves, there really isn't anything else to help the "better" wrestler win.

The issue I had was using their spreadsheet for PS3, was that Goldust or even lower rated wrestlers were beating the Cena's, etc an unacceptable amount IMO. This is again, because the moves aren't overhauled.

Something else I forgot to mention....for the "jobbers", I removed any un-necessary abilities. Any abilities that would give the "jobber" an edge (comeback, resiliency)...this also eliminated any potential advantage.

For HP Ratio, in a way I followed what SimWorld had mentioned. They said only 10% of the moves were legs / arms related, which is why they did 30/30/20/20. So I raised the better wrestler's Head and Body, but LOWERED the jobbers Head and Body.

The lower the Head, the easier they get groggy. Santino was something like a 20/22/30/28. But you get the idea.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »