Home

Undefeated Seasons

This is a discussion on Undefeated Seasons within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Undefeated Seasons

I know there has been some undefeated seasons of people playing but what about coaching cpu vs cpu games. I have a dynasty going where I just recruit and train but let the computer play the games. I had a team start 35-0 and lose in the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament. I currently have a team that is 20-0 with an 88 unity that is very good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 09:53 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Undefeated Seasons

I am a cpu vs cpu player, but personally I've never HAD a undefeated team myself, but I've seen one before. I've also seen a couple of team that had great season, but ended up losing a few games towards the end of the season/tournament. It's always fun seeing how far a team can go undefeated, last year in my legacy, Kansas St. could have done it. They were 6-0 in top-25 games, but weirdly they lost 3 times to unranked teams. They also got beat by a 16 seed, which pretty much was the story of their team that year.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:33 AM   #3
Rookie

PhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 4

I've never had one personally but last year Iona was like 21-0 before they lost. Chicago State went 0-29 and Nevada surprisingly was like 0-22 before their first win
Old 01-08-2014, 03:05 PM   #4
Rookie

I've simulated for years, I still play every year but it's only recruit, strategy, and sim. I think I've had about 5 seasons where I went undefeated. However, I've probably simulated close to 200 seasons since I bought the game years ago.

I think a few years ago I decided to leave a power program to be the coach at Longwood. The sole reason for going there was to go undefeated. I scheduled a cupcake schedule and didn't lose a game. I think after all of that, I didn't even make the NCAA's. I think my team won the NIT and went undefeated but it was bittersweet. I also think most people here know how hard it is to go undefeated even when you have a powerful team in the SWAC. There always seems to be at least one game a year that catches you off guard. I would highly advise against ever coaching an independence school. Scheduling takes forever, you play less games, and your RPI must be good to make the tournament. I still don't understand how an undefeated team doesn't qualify for the NCAA's. If this scenario played out in real life and an undefeated team finished with an unworthy RPI would they be exempted from the tournament in real life?

Last edited by N.C.State; 01-08-2014 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:07 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.C.State
I've simulated for years, I still play every year but it's only recruit, strategy, and sim. I think I've had about 5 seasons where I went undefeated. However, I've probably simulated close to 200 seasons since I bought the game years ago.

I think a few years ago I decided to leave a power program to be the coach at Longwood. The sole reason for going there was to go undefeated. I scheduled a cupcake schedule and didn't lose a game. I think after all of that, I didn't even make the NCAA's. I think my team won the NIT and went undefeated but it was bittersweet. I also think most people here know how hard it is to go undefeated even when you have a powerful team in the SWAC. There always seems to be at least one game a year that catches you off guard. I would highly advise against ever coaching an independence school. Scheduling takes forever, you play less games, and your RPI must be good to make the tournament. I still don't understand how an undefeated team doesn't qualify for the NCAA's. If this scenario played out in real life and an undefeated team finished with an unworthy RPI would they be exempted from the tournament in real life?
Longwood is in the independents right? Did you play any teams from the mid-majors/major/top-25 teams? If you didn't play or win a game against some good teams to make the tourament. ESPECIALLY if you're in the Independent conf. If I team was in that conference, and they actually played solid schools, probably, they could be in just off the headlines/notoriety of being undefeated anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Longwood is in the independents right? Did you play any teams from the mid-majors/major/top-25 teams? If you didn't play or win a game against some good teams to make the tourament. ESPECIALLY if you're in the Independent conf. If I team was in that conference, and they actually played solid schools, probably, they could be in just off the headlines/notoriety of being undefeated anyway.

My schedule was in aberration to what I usually schedule. I didn't schedule any good teams that year with the hopes of going undefeated and hopefully winning the NCAAT. I forget quite a bit because it happened a few years ago, but I think it was my first year I had a really good team at Longwood. I thought that the game would just let me into the tournament because I went undefeated. I mean, wasn't Murray State some terrible RPI a few years ago and there was arguing that they should get an at-large if they lost in their conf tourney?

Anyway, I did schedule tough schedules in other years and it absolutely sucks at Longwood. If you played anyone good, it was always a road game. It was difficult for me to find a balance between playing great teams and getting wins. There were a few years where my RPI was good, my SOS was good, but my record kept me out of the tournament. I think the most difficult thing you can do on this game is to take an independents school and simulate to a national championship. I obviously never did that and I'm not really sure if I ever came that close.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:00 PM   #7
Rookie

I actually let the games play and some times can finish a season in 3 days. I recruit players and do the training. The most seasons I have done at once is 7. I am currently doing another one and this is my 5th season. I did something different in this one. It is fun as you get some seasons in, I think the game plays better as you move forward.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:34 PM   #8
Rookie

Well the team finished 39-0! In the final 4 game was down 4 with :58 to go and scored the final 6 points and won! I lost my starting PG and starting center and backup center. I lost my 3rd game into the next season so my streak ended at 41 straight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »