Home

Losing oddly feels good

This is a discussion on Losing oddly feels good within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-05-2014, 01:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Losing oddly feels good

For the first time in A LONG time, I started a dynasty 1-3. Using Idaho who was 1-11 this year I lowered some players ratings and using some good rosters and actually losing games I am supposed to lose having the game being realistic feels oddly good for once, unlike taking A New Mexcio team into a game VS #15 Texas and beating them by 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 04:37 AM   #2
Banned

jt2000's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Losing oddly feels good

I am with you on that one. I play with VT and always lose 2-3 games. The right set of sliders can make this game fun.
Old 01-05-2014, 05:13 AM   #3
Rookie

The sim game made me give it up this year. I always start O-Coord and my defense is just gawd dam amazing no matter who I am.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:39 AM   #4
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

I never understood how people could play a game like this and go undefeated every single year and find that entertaining. I always take a bottom dweller, find a great set of sliders and need at least two seasons before I start having winning records, let alone conference championships or even BCS bowl berths. Right now I'm running a CPU vs. CPU dynasty as Old Dominion and we are 3-5 having lost two games to FCS teams...and I love it!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:34 AM   #5
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr862
For the first time in A LONG time, I started a dynasty 1-3. Using Idaho who was 1-11 this year I lowered some players ratings and using some good rosters and actually losing games I am supposed to lose having the game being realistic feels oddly good for once, unlike taking A New Mexcio team into a game VS #15 Texas and beating them by 10.
If losing if good you're doing it wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
If losing if good you're doing it wrong.
Don't get me wrong I like to win, and take a low tier team to the promise land, but in year 1 when I am an OC and I take a team like South Alabama or New Mexico state to a 10-2 record with Wins over teams from Big Conferences dynasty after dynasty it gets old. I try to do everything I can to win, but when your HB is sub Par, Starting QB is 69 overall and Wide outs drop wide opens balls a lot, and defense letting up scores 2 out of 3 drives, it becomes hard to win. But at the end when my Idaho team loses 41-14 to Washington State or 27-21 to North Texas I can not really complain.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:56 AM   #7
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr862
Don't get me wrong I like to win, and take a low tier team to the promise land, but in year 1 when I am an OC and I take a team like South Alabama or New Mexico state to a 10-2 record with Wins over teams from Big Conferences dynasty after dynasty it gets old. I try to do everything I can to win, but when your HB is sub Par, Starting QB is 69 overall and Wide outs drop wide opens balls a lot, and defense letting up scores 2 out of 3 drives, it becomes hard to win. But at the end when my Idaho team loses 41-14 to Washington State or 27-21 to North Texas I can not really complain.
i agree with you. i start out as a mac team builder school. i make them one of the worst in the mac because i like to build up a school. it makes it so much better when you finally win that championship.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:32 PM   #8
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

Agreed. Even winning feels better when you are challenged. In years gone by, I'd eventually get a team to 98-99 OVR and beat 88-92 teams by an average of 40 points - boring and unrealistic. The current sliders I'm using make those games usually decided by a FG or TD.

Yes, I'm winning but most games have me concerned as it's not "guarantee win night" . The games are "entertaining".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »